Axl Hard Rock Memorabilia

http://m.hardrock.com/mt/memorabilia.hardrock.com?un_jtt_v_item=027154||artist=Axl%20Rose||prevItem=051827||artist=Axl%20Rose

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm getting error messages when I search.

Are these Pieces of memorabilia donated by Axl? Or are they bought by the Hard Rock?

I see that there are multiple Hard Rock's with different Axl memorabilia, most have a famous jacket from a show. The one in Fiji has the original writing of the My Michelle lyrics in Axl's handwriting. One girl on twitter posted a picture of the American Flag jacket he wore before with the original Appetite for Destruction poster in the background. I believe that Axl owns the original print to that from that video of that girl in his house and he's showing it to her. So Axl must have sent it to the Hard Rock for display.

I just wonder if Axl has some sort of deal with the Hard Rock or they just really like him. I think the displays are awesome but I didn't realize several hard rock's have something from him

I heard a lot of those artefacts are a load of bollocks. As in fake, phoney, not real. Johnny Rotten says a lot of The Pistols ones are fakes. Couple of others had made such statements too. Wouldn't it be funny if all these people are laying out good money for 'artefacts' when someone just got em out of a second hand shop or something? :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

Hard Rock has someone who buys stuff through auctions for them, but usually they mention if it was donated to the HRC and have a photo of when the rock star was there. It's possible Team Brazil's sold off some things but the money was probably intended to go to charity. But I don't know if any of that was displayed at the AFDemocracy or Axl had his car and other stuff personally brought to them just to display.

Usually their buyer is at Sotheby's or Julien's, they don't display everything because when a new one opens. They need stuff for the walls, and some of them have closed down and gone into their warehouse.

I heard a lot of those artefacts are a load of bollocks. As in fake, phoney, not real. Johnny Rotten says a lot of The Pistols ones are fakes. Couple of others had made such statements too. Wouldn't it be funny if all these people are laying out good money for 'artefacts' when someone just got em out of a second hand shop or something? :lol:

Yeah, it's usually the guitars the authenticators get fooled on, or the autograph turned out to be fake or a secretarial (Duswalt said in the book he signed some stuff as "Axl", possibly Fernando's done the same). You have guitar geeks and guys who specialize in autographs who study this stuff and can pinpoint when the autograph was signed, and guitar geeks who know every instrument Slash has ever played on stage and in the studio, right down to the numbers, because if they're stolen they need those serial numbers, which is what makes the guitar valuable.

Any guitar with a signed pickguard on a guitar should be personally acquired and not bought. Too many people get ripped off with 300 dollar guitars (less if it was from a pawn shop or just flat out stolen) and fetched 4-5 figures and a 10 dollar piece of plastic. I also question any store that sells sports memorabilia. I think Marc knows a lot about this stuff because people ask him whether some of the GNR stuff that was signed was legit or not.

When it comes to Beatles, the only place I've been told was good was this one but at the same time, I'd proceed with caution.

http://www.tracks.co.uk/acatalog/__Beatles_Autographs_-_Full_Sets.html

Never been a big one for memorabillia. I had a suit Johnny Thunders wore once, before i bought it it seemed an amazing purchase, after about 20 mins of owning it it just seemed a knackered old suit for a very short person that smelled a bit funny. Bloodstains on it too, on the pants leg, according to the seller (guitarist for a NY punk band in the late 70s/early 80s called The Violators) that was because of 'the usual backstage goings on'. So if i die of hepatitis dear Dalshie, tell Momma i died like a hero, with my boots on :lol:

Actually, he tried to sell me Johnny T's boots too, patent leather, blue. Was broke at the time, glad i was afterwards cuz it would've been a waste of money, like the suit.

• Like 1