DJ Ashba gave free food and money in LV for homeless people... what is your opinion about this?

It was very cool of DJ to do this.

When I was in Vegas I did see some homeless people sleeping on the bridge that connects the two sides of the street. It's always so sad because there are so many people who are very rich in this country and if they all gave just a little to the homeless community and help them build shelters it would help a great deal.

It doesn't make sense for an actor or sports player to get millions of dollars a year and yet we still have so many homeless people all over this country.

You do realize that many CEOs and business owners make way more money than athletes and actors do, right?

So what is your solution? People who make a certain amount of money must legally give a set percentage to charity? Lebron James pays more money in taxes in one year than you will in your lifetime....and donates more money in one year than you will in your entire life....but you are saying he should be legally required to pay a set amount to charity as well????

If wealthy people are required to donate money they EARNED, Val22, would they get a tax break to go along with it?

Nope, super rich people should be executed, no mafter of what charity they support etc.

Being super rich while 60% of the world population is hungry is a crime

A crime of capitalism, my little republican bro

also the term EARNED is laughable at best

I'm sure those homeless people appreciated it, which is all that matters really.

Really yes, but we are on a message board and we can able to talk about how a poor gimmick this is

Edited by Motivation

Oh, stop. There's nothing asinine about what I said. There is, however, something asinine about jumping on someone who has a different opinion, so chill out.

Yes, videos and other public charitable actions can raise awareness, and yes, every little bit helps, and yes, the ends justify the means in some respect. And if you'd actually read my first post you'd have seen that I wrote that. A lot of people in Vegas are in a bad way, and if some of them had a better day because of Ashba, it's all good.

But the reason I respect the "quiet donors" and volunteers more, overall, is because they're truly not getting anything for themselves out of it. They're not expecting a pat on the back or anything else. I have to respect that.

As for the ice bucket challenge, let's remember that while it raised a lot of money, and it did make a difference...there were also a lot of people who simply posted videos of themselves getting soaked without donating a cent to ALS, or knowing what the fuck ALS even was, because they thought it was a fun meme and they wanted attention from friends. And then their Facebook friends all liked it and patted them on the back, and thought they were wonderful - and yet not a dime was raised, and there wasn't any information provided that would help anyone have true awareness of what ALS was.

I'm glad that finally somebody get it

This is the bottom line and i always laugh about people who think Ice Bucket Challenge is actually helping people

Fuck you guys are idiots. Who gives a shit how many didn't donate. the ice bucket challenge rasied funds in an unprecendented way. Something that's clearly lost of asslowns. You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to not know what the ice bucket challenge was about. Everyone knew it was about ALS by the time it had caught fire and people donated in record numbers. Hate all you want but even the people who didn't donate but made a video contributed more than dipshits complaining it was stupid. Why because hey at least spread the awarness. Donating in silent does nothing. Everyone should scream from the rooftops what they are conributing to because it at least gives others the chance to get involved. People like you guys donate, if you donate, annonymously because you want to protect your image so you are in fact getting something out of it. You're getting the pedstal to preach this bullshit that you and others like you are better and more genuine because you do it annonymously. Newsflash, annonymous donations are no better than public ones and in fact public ones open people's eyes to a cause.

It amazes me how righetous people get when it comes to how others choose to contribute. Preaching that their way is better because it's more genuine. Go out and change the world yourself then or STFU and stop criticising others who are actually contributing in whatever way it is they choose to contribute.

• Like 2

If those homeless folk got to live a little easier (a LOT actually since for someone whose been broke many a time, even 10 quid is a damn fortune, though I ain't been homeless so maybe not but the sentiment still stands), who gives a flying donkeyfuck if he made a video to project how awesome he is, it's still a superbly selfless act. Maybe he has done this before and hasn't conjured up youtube vids, he seems a decent chap regardless of how annoying his attitude gets, it's still a great piece of humanity he has carried out.

Couple of things:

-DJ did a good thing by taking time to get some hungry people some food

-DJ comes off like a douche for filming and editing that video to come off as it did

-The ALS ice bucket challenge raised over $100M, anyone that bitches about it deserves a pop in the sneeze bump

-SoulMonster (who I usually enjoy) comes off as douchier than DJ in this thread

Oh, stop. There's nothing asinine about what I said. There is, however, something asinine about jumping on someone who has a different opinion, so chill out.

Yes, videos and other public charitable actions can raise awareness, and yes, every little bit helps, and yes, the ends justify the means in some respect. And if you'd actually read my first post you'd have seen that I wrote that. A lot of people in Vegas are in a bad way, and if some of them had a better day because of Ashba, it's all good.

But the reason I respect the "quiet donors" and volunteers more, overall, is because they're truly not getting anything for themselves out of it. They're not expecting a pat on the back or anything else. I have to respect that.

As for the ice bucket challenge, let's remember that while it raised a lot of money, and it did make a difference...there were also a lot of people who simply posted videos of themselves getting soaked without donating a cent to ALS, or knowing what the fuck ALS even was, because they thought it was a fun meme and they wanted attention from friends. And then their Facebook friends all liked it and patted them on the back, and thought they were wonderful - and yet not a dime was raised, and there wasn't any information provided that would help anyone have true awareness of what ALS was.

This is the bottom line and i always laugh about people who think Ice Bucket Challenge is actually helping people

Fuck you guys are idiots. Who gives a shit how many didn't donate. the ice bucket challenge rasied funds in an unprecendented way. Something that's clearly lost of asslowns. You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to not know what the ice bucket challenge was about. Everyone knew it was about ALS by the time it had caught fire and people donated in record numbers. Hate all you want but even the people who didn't donate but made a video contributed more than dipshits complaining it was stupid. Why because hey at least spread the awarness. Donating in silent does nothing. Everyone should scream from the rooftops what they are conributing to because it at least gives others the chance to get involved. People like you guys donate, if you donate, annonymously because you want to protect your image so you are in fact getting something out of it. You're getting the pedstal to preach this bullshit that you and others like you are better and more genuine because you do it annonymously. Newsflash, annonymous donations are no better than public ones and in fact public ones open people's eyes to a cause.

It amazes me how righetous people get when it comes to how others choose to contribute. Preaching that their way is better because it's more genuine. Go out and change the world yourself then or STFU and stop criticising others who are actually contributing in whatever way it is they choose to contribute.

you're so delusional, like your idol

Couple of things:

-DJ comes off like a douche for filming and editing that video to come off as it did

-The ALS ice bucket challenge raised over $100M, anyone that bitches about it deserves a pop in the sneeze bump

ALS really THAT important? When half of the African continent didn't get enough drinking water or food?

God, you people are so naive as fuck

ALS really THAT important? When half of the African continent didn't get enough drinking water or food?

So, you're bitching that people didn't donate to the cause of your preference?

As an aside, you should stop using words like naive if you don't know what they mean.

So, you're bitching that people didn't donate to the cause of your preference?

As an aside, you should stop using words like naive if you don't know what they mean.

Nope, i'm just pointing out a fact

You should stop posting

at all

I gave a homeless person the rest of my french fries the other day. Praise me.

• Like 1

The thing about the ice bucket challenge is that regardless of the funds it raised, there were also many, many people who just dumped water on their heads for shits and giggles, to do a meme with their brodudes or to get likes and attention from their social media friends, without donating a dime to ALS or any other charity.

The original concept of the challenge was supposed to be that if you refused the ice bucket, you donated a lot of money - but even if you DID go for the ice bucket, you still had to donate a lesser amount. Lots of folks thought that if they did the ice bucket part they didn't have to donate anything. And a lot of others had no intention of donating regardless.

In other words, they were exploiting a charitable initative for their own benefit, to garner attention and respect, without doing anything to actually help the charity in question.

It's not criticizing the IBC in general to point out that a lot of people just used it as a meme, got some brownie points for it and looked like "nice guys" but didn't do anything to help ALS in any way.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

The thing about the ice bucket challenge is that regardless of the funds it raised, there were also many, many people who just dumped water on their heads for shits and giggles, to do a meme with their brodudes or to get likes and attention from their social media friends, without donating a dime to ALS or any other charity.

The original concept of the challenge was supposed to be that if you refused the ice bucket, you donated a lot of money - but even if you DID go for the ice bucket, you still had to donate a lesser amount. Lots of folks thought that if they did the ice bucket part they didn't have to donate anything. And a lot of others had no intention of donating regardless.

In other words, they were exploiting a charitable initative for their own benefit, to garner attention and respect, without doing anything to actually help the charity in question.

It's not criticizing the IBC in general to point out that a lot of people just used it as a meme, got some brownie points for it and looked like "nice guys" but didn't do anything to help ALS in any way.

Sure, but in the overall scheme of things, who cares? So a few people didn't donate and just played along with the "challenge" to look cool on Facebook. That doesn't downgrade the fact that over a HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS was raised. Focus on the positive and what's important people.

Crash-Diet...........dude, you are making yourself look really bad in this topic. Usually you are kind of funny at times, but in this topic you just seem really ignorant.

EXACTLY.

Unfortunately people like Stella and motivation are more interested in complaining about those why they feel are doing things properly.

SMH. Stella is more concerned with the teenage girls doing the ice bucket challenge for Facebook likes than she is with the 100 million dollars that was actually raised for the charity.

Bono thank you for helping restore my faith in humanity. Some of the posters on this forum..........you just have to shake your head.

Couple of things:

Thanks, but my contributions to this thread have all been sarcastic.

I think Madison is right. People have decided to hate DJ and so will view this as a publicity stunt, but if it was somebody else (Ron, Axl, Duff etc.) who are liked on this board they would be saying how nice of them it was to do it.

Whilst there is something to be said about not making a big thing out of charity by publicising it, I think when you are a celebrity who could potentially get others to follow suit it is acceptable.

DJ :thumbsup: