spaghetti incident tour question

cuneo77

I don't see how they could have done that. There would be no way that they could have funded it. That band cost a lot of money to keep on the road and those tiny gigs wouldn't be able to pay to keep the band on the road. Maybe if they were able to squeeze a few in between the big gigs

I do not agree. Big bands do small tours all the time. The Stones did the Stripped thing in the 1990s and still do warm ups in clubs before every major tour. Metallica do club shows for fan club members.

Stripped wasn't a tour, just 3 or 4 one-off intimate gigs while touring the massive Voodoo Lounge tour. Those Shows were specifically for the recording, so they would've incurred recording expenses regardless. The Stones warm-up gigs are usually 1 or 2 shows in Toronto before they embark on massive $100M+ tours. Metallica do 1-off club shows for fan members.

Neither of those bands would ever do a full-on club tour. I'm in agreement with Marc that they could've done some one-off club gigs but never a full club tour in 1993 as they were just too big then.

By the way I was at the gig the stones played at the wiltern about 12 years ago and it sucked. Jagger did that gig as if it a stadium gig. He didn't really make a connection with the small crowd and it seemed like he was not having any fun playing to the small crowd that night.

Gnr brings a much bigger crue and payroll then those other bands

So ... do you consider that GN'R brings more people than necessary with them (now and before)?

A small tour with the punk-ish vibe of TSI could've worked after the pretentiousness of the UYI tours.

That would be great for the harcore fans ... but, I can see some negativity in your words regarding the UYI tour ... it was a great tour and it was necessary to consagrate GN'R as the biggest band in the world, at that time.

Edited by GUNNER PT

Gnr brings a much bigger crue and payroll then those other bands

So ... do you consider that GN'R brings more people than necessary with them (now and before)?

A small tour with the punk-ish vibe of TSI could've worked after the pretentiousness of the UYI tours.

That would be great for the harcore fans ... but, I can see some negativity in your words regarding the UYI tour ... it was a great tour and it was necessary to consagrate GN'R as the biggest band in the world, at that time.

No negativity man. I think that tour was amazing.

• 1 month later...