[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

A main reason that I remain skeptical about this being true is, why would Ron decide to quit the band just as they were gearing up to release new music? Okay, it may not be material that Ron has helped write, but I'm sure that he would have his own solo parts, like he did on Chinese. I really don't see Ron jumping ship if there was a chance of appearing on another Guns record.

Maybe that's just it. Again, speaking from a point of conjecture, but perhaps Ron (assuming he really has left the band) no longer wants to be part of a band that doesn't want his songwriting contributions. Perhaps he felt unfilled with Guns; maybe adding a solo here and a solo there wasn't enough for a guy who also likes to write full-length songs. There are musicians out there that want to be more than just session guys. Maybe Ron is one of them.

Bach also said that Sorry was this incredible doom metal song.

So, I don't think the fact that some random drummer said that The General is an ok song somehow means we're about to see the second coming.

The only second coming it is going to be is a second coming of CD. Anyone with a brain cell should have realized this long ago and anyone that can't handle that fact should have already moved on. For fuck's sake people, use some common sense here. It's Axl's band and it's going to be more of Axl's music. This isn't rocket science.

I agree to an extent. There's always the possibility they throw in one or two DJ songs. And if they include Goin Down, which, if this isn't a fucking unicorn we're talking about, they absolutely should because it's a fine little song (except change the solo), then there could be a slightly different flavor to at least a couple songs. I don't think we can possibly expect anything good to come of a DJ song, though.

At the end of the day, Axl is still going to release what he likes. No amount of DJ or anybody else is going to change his musical taste or influences. If anybody is expecting a radical departure from the entire history of Axl songs that we already have, they deserve the disappointment that is headed their way.

• Like 1

A main reason that I remain skeptical about this being true is, why would Ron decide to quit the band just as they were gearing up to release new music? Okay, it may not be material that Ron has helped write, but I'm sure that he would have his own solo parts, like he did on Chinese. I really don't see Ron jumping ship if there was a chance of appearing on another Guns record.

Because if it takes this long to release songs that were recorded over a decade ago, how long would it be, if ever, for his own songwriting contributions to make it to a GNR record? I'm sure if this album had come out in 2010 and an album with at least a credit or two from him had come out in the years since, he'd still be in GNR. I also don't think Axl is keen to write with him for whatever reason, at the end of the Vegas residency Bumble talked about jamming with Axl their last night together, and that he wished they'd done more of that. From interviews it seems Axl spent a lot more time jamming and writing with DJ than Bumble.

I've heard from sources within the band that a new album is coming this year. Most of the songs are from the Chinese D era. No free dr pepper this time around :) 51 Tuesday's left in the year.

Where and when did you hear that?
Last night. My source is legit. But does anyone really care to hear an album made by guys not in the band?

I care - and much more than an album by the present members. It if has stuff with Buckethead, Robin and Brain on it - it will be total magic to me. Stuff with Ashba does no interest me. I want to hear CD2-CD3. They had a great lineup back then. Huge-->Fortus is the only change one can argue that has improved the band, all the other changes have made it worse. So the older the album the better.

A main reason that I remain skeptical about this being true is, why would Ron decide to quit the band just as they were gearing up to release new music?

Because he hasn't decided to quit, he has decided to threaten to quit unless the band moves forward. That's why he refuses to say anything re: his status in the band yet drops all these signs of not being actually being in the band. Basically he leaves the door open to himself and puts pressure on the band. If the rumours are true, and a release date is set within the band, then Bumblefoot is fully back in the band again, if the rumours are false, or if the process slows down or is halted, then Bumblefoot will give completely up and finally announce that he is out of the band.

At least that's what I think.

Ron never gave credit to Robins n Buckets writings. He really wanted to have his minute of glory. "releasing music done 10 years ago from guys gone 5 years ago"

So I guess with CD2 n remix album in their way plus no related chinese era album after hed nee to wait another 10 minimum to have any chance.

IF this is true, people need to brace themselves for a few Ashba overdubs where Finck solos once lied.

Even more hilarious would be if Axl took out a BH solo and replaced it with a DJ one.

At least one of those scenarios WILL happen. Axl will want the current members of the band to be on the record, much like the way he took off BH and Brian May solos to make way for Ron on CD.

Edited by Towelie

IF this is true, people need to brace themselves for a few Ashba overdubs where Finck solos once lied.

Even more hilarious would be if Axl took out a BH solo and replaced it with a DJ one.

At least one of those scenarios WILL happen. Axl will want the current members of the band to be on the record, much like the way he took off BH and Brian May solos to make way for Ron on CD.

I'd suggest that neither of those scenarios have to happen. It's possible that there will be a few new songs written with DJ which will keep him happy financially and negate the need to replace Bucket/Finck parts on old songs. Or there might be unfinished old songs which didn't have solos or adequate solos which Axl re-worked on with DJ.

I really don't think that Axl would ever replace solos like those on Twat, TIL and Prostitute because they're just too damn good. The Brian May solo on Catcher which Axl pieced together in pro-tools was great but not irreplaceable. Same with Rhiad.

If Ron doesn't return I wonder if any solos he's added might be replaced with the originals or if DJ or a new guitarist might be allowed to work on them. There are lots of different scenarios to consider.

At the 2002 London show Axl said that we'd get 18 songs plus about 10 extra tracks. If the next record had that many songs there would easily be room to keep everyone happy without sacrificing any greatness that Bucket and Robin recorded 10-15 years ago.

It's remarkable to see how Robin-BH collaboration has achieved mythic status here, as if it were a Mozart-Beethoven collab.

There was so very little special about Robin and BH playing together. It affected the world of music much as a mouse fart affects a typhoon.

Having DJ collaborating with Frank and Stuson and Fat Daddy Joe will not be any better or worse than ChiDem.

Just throwing this out there with nothing to base this on, but, has it occurred to anyone that part of the reason why we've heard reports of Axl, Richard, Dizzy, and DJ in the studio is because Ron might be out?

If GNR wants to tour this year but will be without a "shredder/virtuoso" like Ron/Bucket, wouldn't it make sense to write/record new music that isn't so dependent on that kind of guitar style?

Just throwing this out there with nothing to base this on, but, has it occurred to anyone that part of the reason why we've heard reports of Axl, Richard, Dizzy, and DJ in the studio is because Ron might be out?

If GNR wants to tour this year but will be without a "shredder/virtuoso" like Ron/Bucket, wouldn't it make sense to write/record new music that isn't so dependent on that kind of guitar style?

Could be that or maybe just to add a few "new" songs into the mix. Any word of if Finck might come back to replace Ron?

It's remarkable to see how Robin-BH collaboration has achieved mythic status here, as if it were a Mozart-Beethoven collab.

There was so very little special about Robin and BH playing together. It affected the world of music much as a mouse fart affects a typhoon.

Having DJ collaborating with Frank and Stuson and Fat Daddy Joe will not be any better or worse than ChiDem.

I remember seeing 1 jam of Robin and Bucket that I seemed to really like, but don't know which show it was. Other than that I kinda agree with you.

Take the transition between Robin and BH in their Chinese Democracy (track) solo's, for some reason it kinda annoys me. Love the track tho.

If Axl is as dedicated to his band as he says he is then he will atleast have 4 songs on the next album that were made by the current lineup.

What are the chances that Axl will surprise everyone with a double album?

The chances are very high. Remember 1-1-2-1-1-? AFD, Lies, UYI1&2, TSI, CD...it has to be a double album next!

Nah, just kidding. One can hope. What I don't understand is what they are doing in the studio if they have 2 albums already recorded? Already recorded so done? Or still fine-tuning it? Or a third album?

If Axl is as dedicated to his band as he says he is then he will atleast have 4 songs on the next album that were made by the current lineup.

What are the chances that Axl will surprise everyone with a double album?

The chances are very high. Remember 1-1-2-1-1-? AFD, Lies, UYI1&2, TSI, CD...it has to be a double album next!

Nah, just kidding. One can hope. What I don't understand is what they are doing in the studio if they have 2 albums already recorded? Already recorded so done? Or still fine-tuning it? Or a third album?

I think it's Axl's vocals and stripping away Buckets, and Robins parts and allowing DJ and Richard possibly Ron to record their version of the parts. There's a legal money issue if they use Buckets or Robins solos in a finished release.

As far as Axl's vocals I think we will hear a much lower register on the next album. Less layering also. Instrumentally I expect it to be equally as complicated as CD but I expect the vocals to be much more simple. I think the album will be built to play live, unlike CD where some of the songs are nearly impossible to get right because there's so much going on.

Hopefully Axl took what people don't like about CD and corrects it for this album. It's important to remember that less can be more. We'll have to wait and see. Obviously there's something going on, but as you said a completed album shouldn't be hard to finish.