[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

So far every reply hasn't been an actual reply, lol.

If you're talking about him not doing stuff like documenting the recording process of music or releasing frequent albums, that's really not being douchbaggy at all. That's just the way he conducts things.

If say, he was personally attacking fans to their face, telling ppl to gtfo during a picture or autograph opportunity, you could have argument.

• Like 1

Ok so lets say it does happen (just go along for the ride) whats the distribution model?

1) Just sell CD's and vinyls and pretend its 1996 again

2) CDs and vinyl, but with the Daft Punk style heavy promotion in targeted spots

3) Guerilla release a la Beyonce

4) The Thom Yorke bit torrent model

5) The Radiohead pay what you want model

6) Drop flyers from a plane flown by Del james as he wears 1920s aviator goggles

You forgot the option that U2 used to jam it down all iphone users throats whether they want it or not

It seems your statement is a bit wrong - but correct me if I'm mistaken.

U2 sold their album to Apple for 100 million dollars. U2 didn't "jam" anything down anybody's throats - Apple would be the culprit.

Apple didn't "jam" anything down "Iphone" user's throats. My wife has an Iphone and she never received anything U2 related. Did you mean to say ITunes?

And in a 5-second google search, I saw how you can remove the album from your iTunes.

So you are really bitching about a FREE album from a major band sent to your ITunes account, that you can quickly and easily delete. Dang. Your life must be pretty amazing if that's something that causes you disconcertment. We've got children starving to death, and you are complaining about receiving a free album of music?

And before you knock U2 for their role in it, how many bands out there would turn that deal down?

If Apple came up to Axl and said "we'll give you a check for $100 million dollars for your next album"......is he saying "no thanks?" Dude played a wedding last year for the cash.

Exactly and let's be fucking real. Had Axl done what U2 did with a new album everyone on the GnR sites bitching about U2 doing it would flip flop and praise Axl for what an amazing marketing move it was. The fact people were actually genuinely pissed off for what U2 did and the fact people went to extreme lengths to say their freedom of choice and privacy were compromised just shows how damn pathetic we as a society have become. Newsflash: if Axl released his next album(next album haha) the way U2 just released theirs it would be fucking awesome.

I will say that I wasn't talking about how he is when he meets his fans. I'm just saying, think of pretty much anything a band can do to be friendly to their fanbase in general. Anything at all. Axl does pretty much none of them ever.

Edited by magisme

Or not turning up for shows when fans have bought tickets.

Happens from time to time. Other bands have had to do it before, too. Really though, I've never heard of anyone talking about meeting Axl and saying that he was a dick or anything.

How many riots are we up to now?

Happens from time to time. Other bands have had to do it before, too. Really though, I've never heard of anyone talking about meeting Axl and saying that he was a dick or anything.

Does it matter? It happens from time to time and other bands have had to do it before too. People were hurt at the riots Axl could have possibly avoided by simply showing up? Well, it happens from time to time. :shrugs:

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Does it matter? It happens from time to time and other bands have had to do it before too. People were hurt at the riots Axl could have possibly avoided by simply showing up? Well, it happens from time to time. :shrugs:

To no other band but Axl's haha.

Axl treats his fans like complete excrement. Face it.

Yeah, and I truly feel sorry for them but they deserve it. No other fanbase put up with that amount of shit.

Yeah, it would be cool if Axl weren't a total fucking douchebag to his fans. That would be great.

I'm just saying, think of pretty much anything a band can do to be friendly to their fanbase in general. Anything at all. Axl does pretty much none of them ever.

So artists who don't play the game the way you want it are douchebags?

There are many artists who refuse to interact with fans, who don't talk about plans, who publish irregularly. We might not like it, but that doesn't make them douchebags. It's their life to live anyway they want it.

• Like 1

Respectfully, I still disagree. Axl & co have treated me to 7 amazing albums and 7 amazing live shows. I get to follow highlights whenever they're touring by way of Twitter and get to watch fan-filmed videos of concerts that the band is cool with leaving up. I see no reason to take that "ya but the FOO FIGHTERS.../Metallica/Pearl Jam!!"-kind of attitude. Great, good for those bands and their fan bases. I like what I get from GN'R. What's wrong with that?

• Like 1