Weiland: "Im not opposed to doing a VR reunion tour"

KeyserSoze

in a way it is all a bit ironic.

They kicked him out of VR and made it clear they want nothing to do with him but they can't find a replacement since.

Slash best singers since leaving Gunners were Rod Jackson and Eric Dover but he had least succes with - them.

out of the 4 singers he has worked since, Myles seems to be his favorite but he is definately most irritating with least stage presence.

they kicked Scott out mutually, but Dave and now Matt seem less and less opposing the idea to work again with him.

the last. albums Slash did are his weakest works since 1995 IMO, but he seems to play bggest arenas so far.

don't know why it's so, but it just is ironic.

Scott should just go back to his band. Back to STP if he can. If he'll ever get the chance to do so.

If Slash and The Conspirators will end someday, or a few years from now, I'd like Slash to be in a band again with Duff and Matt, find a new singer and just rename the project.

Slash, Duff, and Matt share good chemistry and they can still do something cool together with the right singer. Put the VR name to rest and start something new. Again: only when the Myles/Conspirators thing will come to an end.

Edited by Rovim

Is this code for "I need money"?

I mean by all accounts Scott was booted from both bands for being unreliable as a person and at times a frontman due to drugs. Of course HE wouldn't be opposed but I wouldn't be suprised if all of his bandmates are

Pretty much, IMHO. He's brought this up before. Of course he wouldn't be opposed to a reunion, LOL. Unfortunately for him, the rest of VR doesn't seem to be in any hurry to work with him again.

I saw VR shortly before Weiland was out and he was a mess...sitting on the stage and mumbling incoherently into his stupid megaphone. I couldn't stand him.

Someone is desperate to grab some cash ;)

Contraband is the only real good album made by ex-gunners IMO. It's the modern hard rock album CD never got to be. Some brilliant songs in there. Wouldn't mind a reunion, but the world has obviously forgotten about them.

It's a great fucking album...proof is VR won a Grammy with it.

Winning a Grammy is proof of WHAT? :lol:

VR won a Grammy for best hard rock performance... the album itself didn't win shit.

And come on, it's a fucking grammy! Just another irrelevant ceremony of douchebags sniffing each other's butts.

Best hard rock performance for the song Slither. Whether you like the song or not. Winning a Grammy is like winning an Oscar. Edited by Free Bird

Grammy winning or not, I consider Contraband a solid and modern-sounding (while not selling out to trends) rock album. That's enough for me to like and respect it and the people who created it. 'Slither' being its masterpiece. Slash's solo on that one is just perfect, making justice to his past with GNR. I'll have to listen to it again now.

Contraband is the only real good album made by ex-gunners IMO. It's the modern hard rock album CD never got to be. Some brilliant songs in there. Wouldn't mind a reunion, but the world has obviously forgotten about them.

VR won a Grammy for best hard rock performance... the album itself didn't win shit.

And come on, it's a fucking grammy! Just another irrelevant ceremony of douchebags sniffing each other's butts.

Best hard rock performance for the song Slither. Whether you like the song or not. Winning a Grammy is like winning an Oscar.

Jethro Tull won a heavy metal Grammy. They don't always know what they're talking about over there, and it means that people may or may not respect the award, no matter who wins.

• Like 1

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

It's probably all down to Slash. If he decides he wants to do it, I think everyone else will if they can.

In fairness to Slash, he's playing the same venues as GN'R now. He is selling tickets through his own name. He doesn't have the option to sell tickets through using the GN'R name.

He's doing well for himself, so why would he mess up a good thing he has going on?

• Like 3

Grammy winning or not, I consider Contraband a solid and modern-sounding (while not selling out to trends) rock album. That's enough for me to like and respect it and the people who created it. 'Slither' being its masterpiece. Slash's solo on that one is just perfect, making justice to his past with GNR. I'll have to listen to it again now.

Yeah that solo was one of his best overall, but the bass riff is a rip off from Mötley Crüe, too bad

Edited by Motivation

I watched the VR show from Washington again at the weekend.

Forgot how awesome they were.

Scott could really sing live, the guys were on fire. Backing vocals were strong. Slash on fire, playing with the guitar behind his head. Such a great, entertaining rock show.

I'd LOVE to see them get back together for a tour and album.

• Like 1

Best hard rock performance for the song Slither. Whether you like the song or not. Winning a Grammy is like winning an Oscar.

Jethro Tull won a heavy metal Grammy. They don't always know what they're talking about over there, and it means that people may or may not respect the award, no matter who wins.

You might not appreciate Jethro Tull, and they probably shouldn't have won that Grammy. I think it was more of a lifetime achievement award for them. But yhey were a pretty great rock band who had a really successful career. It's a shame the younger generation thinks they are a joke because of the name and because of that one Grammy situation.

Scott seems to be fading into obscurity so I imagine he'd want a VR reunion as a profile boost. Personally I'd love a VR reunion with Scott, the guy is/was a phenomenal performer. Whilst Myles has a better range, he's no way near as good a performer. The thing is though Scott has/had serious issues and I imagine the VR guys would want to be sure that he's changed and sorted his life out. Even so, I can't see Slash trading his highly successful career with Myles, who's far more stable/reliable for a VR reunion with Scott who could go off the rails again. Plus, the world is hardly crying out for a VR reunion. Slash seems to be filling bigger venues with Myles and co. now than he was with VR. It's a shame what happened with VR - I remember they were a really big deal when Contraband came out - everyone at school was talking about VR. I got into VR before GN'R. Then Libertad was viewed as disappointing by a lot of people and then Scott quit/was fired. I felt they never really reached their potential.

As far as replacing Scott, I think that ship has sailed. If Slash, Duff and Matt want to work together again I imagine it would be better to start a project under a new name.

Back at the start VR were damn good live. But by the time it got to the end of '07 and start of '08 it seemed very forced

What year did Duff and Slash fall off the wagon?