The MyGNR Travel Thread 2015

WFA

If you want a good whisky, try L&B pub (address: Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 82), just left off Leidseplein. Biggest whisky bar in the country. I also recommend the Rijksmuseum or the Van Gogh Museum if you're into art. And the touristy boat trip through Amsterdam is always fun. Other than that, enjoy. See if there are some decent gigs at Paradiso or Melkweg. Both are walking distance from wherever you are.

I've heard of Leidseplein! I've even been there :lol:... Partied in Hot Shots by MacDonald's

http://www.hotshotsamsterdam.nl/

There...

I've heard of Leidseplein because; I got lost looking for Hots Shots, where I partied at my private parties :)...

Am back now; Had an excellent time :)

:)

Edited by Snake-Pit

I performed on the street with someone in Amsterdam in the day, explored/partied and explored all night and walked 'home' (back to my hotel on Beursstraat) around 4/5am their time, and winded down/chilled and all of that then posted in here, went back to England, got back to London where I got the coach (Vauxhall by Texaco) went back with friend who came with going out to get the coach... Gifted gifts, checked in... Ran into old school friend joint in hand, told him and his breaderin where I've just been, in Thornton Heath before going from Thornton Heath by train via East Croydon (to change to the fast train) to Victoria, got to Victoria, went to Soho by bus, was in Soho at 1am... Stuff I knew was a lil' weird and different...

The English language, the side of the road we drive on etc... I walked around getting stoned being real friendly last night 'round Soho looking for a place to buy a grinder (I blame the Spacecake)...

I was tired, been on a 7 hour 8 hour coach trip, the time zone difference was 1 hour but I was tired! - I found a shop finally at Piccadilly Circus of all places! that sold me a grinder... walked to Tesco by Trafalgar Square, saw a police car stop at the lights, decided not to, almost feel asleep, where I was leaning to roll up (I was over calm last night in a zone)! - Like subtle was the word... Decided to go home, got bold around Chinatown again, rolled up, smoked, gave away joint to someone who... Just wouldn't take no I won't sell you any as an answer when he tried to get me into some club I wasn't feeling it... I let him kill it, found my bus was still on diversion, hopped onto one to Oxford Circus, asked my stop, missed my stop, moan and was overly honest with the bus driver I said all whiney like 'Look, I am tired, I asked for that bus stop FOR A REASON! .. I'm going to level with you, where I've just come from had a legal high right, and I am stoned off of itIjusthada10hourcoachjourney - why!!!! (all going round the long way to Oxford Circus 3/4am local time last night... Thanked him for driving the bus, kissed my teeth walking to the back doors of the routemaster where I hanged like Tarzan going 'round the bends the long way to Oxford Circus that adds on a whole minute! to the journey time kissing my teeth; a lot - was walking to get my bus, then I saw my other bus I completely forgot existed... Ran for it, thought about that guy I performed on the streets of Amsterdam with, the guy I thought/assumed to be from Amsterdam, ran like the wind, was scared it'll go and it'll be some deep shit, got to the bus, saw a que and thought 'oh yeah, a lot of people live in this city' - It wasn't a long cue, like 2 people queuing to get on the bus I dashed for.. Still made me think what I thought... Around Waterloo Station on the bus I was happy to be in Britain again for sure like, settled in with our language and side of the road we drive on... I still hadn't adjusted back until that point lol... Even though I went round my own Soho, my own Piccadilly Circus and in Amsterdam, I saw people doing my own Saturday Job/old everyday job, at their tourist attractions, so being at home in an environment where I work and I know people and they know me... I was so high on Space Cake I dared go in that shop I owe money too looking to buy a grinder in Soho, I avoided it like the plague out of embarrassment since last year October... was there last night I was that laid back. - I got so lost in Amsterdam, coming home was - (I wanted to selfie me at Buckingham Palace because 24 hours before I was at the Dutch Palace but London is a big city/and home, so I was looking to do that... Battery died so I "allowed it"/didn't do it and I found I was actually out of step a bit... with the knowing where I was on the fast train up there, and where to look crossing the road, so I decided to justify my trip to central which was 24 hours after my last night walk around Amsterdam Palace and Dam Square towards the hotel I was using... to get used to Britain real quick... took me 3 or 4 hours... I actually was still weirded out by the side of the road we drive on waiting going to my first bus stop home at Tottenham Court Road before I found out it was on diversion... I was on my way home and my mission wasn't complete and I remember thinking 'I'd have to take another crack at that tomorrow'... I think by Streatham where I switched busses from my other bus to get to mine, I was cool with what side of the road we drive on... I think as my bus just passed Waterloo Station and everything, something just clicked and then I was at home, in sync and back in phase and even cool with own language again on roads and stuff lol.

Also, I now have a picture of what my island looks like too... A mental picture of shapes that this island gave me yesterday which was the first thing I saw after a lot of flat. It was cool... I love this island.

I said to Gangster B' yesterday night as I gifted gifts before leaving for Soho/London... "In Amsterdam, everyone speaks English" "Just now, coming through Thornton Heath -- Everyone spoke everything but." - that made her laugh but it was true talk still.

Was on my road, saw urban foxes again, they looked bigger, everything looked bigger... Big Ben/My Place/The Foxes/My guitar strap... all look bigger, but when I saw those foxes, I was home :) I finally achieved UK mode at the last second as I rolled up into my now bigger place. :lol: - First time I've ever gone somewhere and returned and said

"it looks bigger now."

Edited by Snake-Pit

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-Palace-of-Amsterdam/103255649730294

My activity at the Royal Palace of Amsterdam made it to it's facebook page...

It's in there... You might have to scroll down a bit to when I posted it but, it's in there.

:lol:!

:D

I been there, done that and had a good time.

Edited by Snake-Pit

San Carlo Manchester? Fuck off. Do I want to wait 20-30 minutes after my reservation while you seat fucking footballers? NO. I'd rather eat anoher burger at Almost Famous Anytime, any day. Fuck off.

On a more positive and sober note, may I just emphasize how great the burger at Almost Famous is? Dare I say...the best I've ever had?

• Like 1

BAM! Celebrating Christmas and New Year with the Mrs on Gran Canaria.

Anybody here who's been there? Any tips on what to do/see?

We've bought some books, but info from personal experience is always great. :)

Board a ferry to Tenerife and have a beer with my sister :P

Im scared she would drink me under the table. ;)

Ill just have to settle for drinking one with you again a few weeks after we come back. :)

Ill just have to settle for drinking one with you again a few weeks after we come back. :)

worse..she would drink you to death ;) But my suggestion was not me sentencing you to early end on purpose, I only had your entertainment in mind I swear :heart:

I hope more than one! but ..DEAL! :)

worse..she would drink you to death ;) But my suggestion was not me sentencing you to early end on purpose, I only had your entertainment in mind I swear :heart:

Keep your "suggestions" up and vanda wont be the only one im pushing down the stairs.... :P

But more it is, DEAL! I already have 3 bars in mind that I know you'll love. :)

Keep your "suggestions" up and vanda wont be the only one im pushing down the stairs.... :P

But more it is, DEAL! I already have 3 bars in mind that I know you'll love. :)

Vanda does not need anyones help with that..she is perfectly capable of falling of the stairs by herself :D

Sounds great! so it will be Tour de bar! :)

Btw love the Slovakia pics you made!

Vanda does not need anyones help with that..she is perfectly capable of falling of the stairs by herself :D

Well, what can I say? It's a beautiful place! There are 1 or 2 with you too. Just not sure in what thread. :)

Well, what can I say? It's a beautiful place! There are 1 or 2 with you too. Just not sure in what thread. :)

glad you enjoyed your stay! :) Will try to find then!