I made this piece of electronic music, do I have potential?

I liked this, you know what I thought of while listening to it? The theme to a movie, a sci-fi movie when the credits roll. I know you have more to add but it sounded good so look forward to hearing it when guitar is added.

Silly question but is this played by actual instruments or an electronic keyboard?

Just started playing with a midi controller! Eventually I want to add guitar to stuff like this.

What do you think? Its rough and it only took me like 45 minutes

The beginning reminds me of House Of The Rising sun. You're pretty good actually for a first timer. I DO think you have some good, good potential. I'd recommend Propellerheads Reason as I love that software and use it myself. Cubase too is also good but I do not use it. I'm sure there are others with more gear than I have experience with that can direct you to the stuff you need to start.

A good computer with a decent hard drive is one.....

:)

https://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/

Edited by Sheri_Rose

When I plug in my guitar to the interface and play it, the light flashes in accordance to the guitar but I cannot get any sounds to come out. I am using a mid 2009, 15 inch MacBook Pro and Garage Band.

I am a blues and rock musician and that is what I want to make, still experimenting with this little keyboard wanking thing was a lot of fun.

When I plug in my guitar to the interface and play it, the light flashes in accordance to the guitar but I cannot get any sounds to come out. I am using a mid 2009, 15 inch MacBook Pro and Garage Band.

I am a blues and rock musician and that is what I want to make, still experimenting with this little keyboard wanking thing was a lot of fun.

Check your sound input/output settings under system preferences > sound on the Mac, if your interface is plugged in you should be able to select it. If it doesn't automatically do this, be sure to check the input/output settings in garage band to make sure you're using the interface and not the built in mic.

Check your sound input/output settings under system preferences > sound on the Mac, if your interface is plugged in you should be able to select it. If it doesn't automatically do this, be sure to check the input/output settings in garage band to make sure you're using the interface and not the built in mic.

Thanks! Got it to work!