Disney films

Duff27

Yeah, I don't honestly know what they're like now (pretty sure the last one I saw was The Lion King) but I immediately thought of Bambi, Dumbo and all that, always some dark or depressing element to them.

The old "live action" films invariably had the dog die or something too.

IDK??? Picking on Disney just seems a little cliche', even for this crowd. Besides what else should children watch??? I bet those that are against Disney fall into 2 catagories; Those without kids and Those with kids who are religious nut bags. But either way, it's just cartoons folks, it's not like Sponge Bob or anything else is any better....

Ah fuck that bullshit, they know about death, the 'chicken' in 'chicken nuggets' gives the game away for em a touch i think. It just depends on what level it's introduced to em, I used to watch Commando and Preadator and Terminator as an 8 yr old, there's nothing wrong with me. Well, nothing that an exorcism wouldn't solve anyway :lol:

Commando, Preadator, that shit was just like a comic to me and thats the level i took em on.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Yes true and there is always someone getting killed in their movies, which I hate.

Why does a 2 year old or a 4 year old have to learn about death that early in their life?

I was babysitting a friend's 3 year old years ago and he wanted to watch the "Lion King". I thought the scene where the father lion is killed was horrible. Being trampled by all those animals. I thought it was just awful for a small child to watch.

Anyway, I think most girls know those Disney stories are not true and they aren't waiting for their prince to come and save them.

Yes true and there is always someone getting killed in their movies, which I hate.

Why does a 2 year old or a 4 year old have to learn about death that early in their life?

I was babysitting a friend's 3 year old years ago and he wanted to watch the "Lion King". I thought the scene where the father lion is killed was horrible. Being trampled by all those animals. I thought it was just awful for a small child to watch.

Anyway, I think most girls know those Disney stories are not true and they aren't waiting for their prince to come and save them.

Because death is a part of life, and a pretty big part, too? I should hope nobody in the family dies at an inconvenient time in your ("your" in the general sense) child's life, around age 2 or 3. How could their lack of presence be explained then?

And while I am not the biggest fan of The Lion King in particular, it's actually pretty much Disney's version of a Shakespearean plot, a good introduction for kids into that kind of literature and story structure, I think.

I actually think Frozen was an excellent movie showing how strong 2 women were who happen to be sisters and how their love for each other helped them survive and overcome their problems.

Maybe Disney will make more movies like this one.

Remember those Disney movies were made in the 1930's and men ruled the world back then.

I loved Frozen too. I think and hope Disney is making better decisions to women's roles now. Still had to kill their parents, but it showed how strong Elsa and Anna's love as sisters was to overcome anything.

Besides, the song "let it go" is one of the all time best songs around and the woman who sang it was excellent. That song will go on forever and hopefully make everyone forget that damn Titanic song! Hated that song so much!

Disney eh

Into The Woods was ok, the song with the two princes was funny, the ending seemed forced and quite long

Maleficient was ok, I cannot remember too much.

Cars and Planes films are boring, not for me

Saving Mr Banks was amazing, I have seen it more than once, if you know Mary Poppins it is a teary film

Frozen was fun, like a half musical.

Monsters Uni fun, Brave was ok I expected more, Oz Great and Powerful was fine to watch; the original is a classic

Frankenweenie and Wreck it Ralph were strong, likeable cartoons

Not seen Timothy Green, Lone Ranger and Muppets

I actually watched Frankenweenie with my granddaughter and thought it was a pretty good movie. I actually got a little chocked up at the end when I didn't think his dog would come back to life again.

I was like come on it's a damn cartoon and I'm getting all sad over it.

I've seen all the Disney movies over the years and I still like Frozen the best so far.

Someone please explain to me what it is exactly that gets people so hooked on Frozen. I thought it was a firmly mediocre movie, but it has taken off into a life of its own. I don't get it. So many people saying it's their favorite Disney movie or just flat out their favorite movie of all time. I do not understand.