Iggy Azaela screws up, nobody cares. Double standard?

Apollo

Honestly, pretty much all rappers and pop stars do this now. Watch any live rap show and you're almost guaranteed to hear the vocals playing in back of the actual live vocals, and half the time they even straight up play the chorus on the track while the rapper just does...whatever during it.

Iggy is fucking annoying though. She spends more time attacking other people with her pseudo-feminist bullshit than she does making actual decent songs, and it works.

Edited by chevelle
  • Like 1

Talk show performances in general are almost always backing tracked garbage. Even bands like Muse are expected to lipsync on TV.

At least, when Muse does it, they try to have fun with it and try to show how lame of a concept this is. Here's them, playing on Italian TV with them "playing" the other guys' instruments.

Ha, I remember this... it was great! Matt on the drums was pretty funny.

Talk show performances in general are almost always backing tracked garbage. Even bands like Muse are expected to lipsync on TV.

At least, when Muse does it, they try to have fun with it and try to show how lame of a concept this is. Here's them, playing on Italian TV with them "playing" the other guys' instruments.

Ha, I remember this... it was great! Matt on the drums was pretty funny.

joined in 2003 with 16 posts?

god damn

Ashley Simpson could go on SNL today and have what happened to her in 2004 and nobody would give a shit. Back in 2004 the industry was still trying to act like the new pop stars were legit performers and they thought they were fooling the public. Of course they weren't but they made such a big deal about it because they were still trying to keep the illusion alive. Amazing that ten years later the faker you can be the better. Nobody gives a fuck anymore and the mainstream general music listening public doesn't give a flying fuck about real music, neither does the industry so screwing up today is actually better because it brings attention. That's how fucked up the world we live in has become. Something as genuine as music is now cast aside for fake bullshit. Obviously this is the tip of the iceberg of our fucked up society but it says a lot.

What was awesome in 2004 after Ashley Simpson's performance the following week it was U2 and Bono screamed "Live! Live! Live! Live!" into the mic during the intro to Vertigo to emphasis the point it was live. Had the musical guest the following week been an Ashley Simpson contemporary they'd have done exactly what she did.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

Ashley Simpson could go on SNL today and have what happened to her in 2004 and nobody would give a shit. Back in 2004 the industry was still trying to act like the new pop stars were legit performers and they thought they were fooling the public. Of course they weren't but they made such a big deal about it because they were still trying to keep the illusion alive. Amazing that ten years later the faker you can be the better. Nobody gives a fuck anymore and the mainstream general music listening public doesn't give a flying fuck about real music, neither does the industry so screwing up today is actually better because it brings attention. That's how fucked up the world we live in has become. Something as genuine as music is now cast aside for fake bullshit. Obviously this is the tip of the iceberg of our fucked up society but it says a lot.

What was awesome in 2004 after Ashley Simpson's performance the following week it was U2 and Bono screamed "Live! Live! Live! Live!" into the mic during the intro to Vertigo to emphasis the point it was live. Had the musical guest the following week been an Ashley Simpson contemporary they'd have done exactly what she did.

'Something as genuine as music', is that supposed to be a joke? :lol:

If you don't comprehend what I'm saying than that's your loss and I'm sure as fuck not wasting my time explaining it to you.

If you don't comprehend what I'm saying than that's your loss and I'm sure as fuck not wasting my time explaining it to you.

OR...you're a thick snotty stuck up cunt that chats shit and couldn't explain it if he tried :lol: Fuck me, you're a good candidate for a discussion board, aren't you? 'Something as genuine as music' is literally meaningless as a statement and you know it :lol: It's OK, I'm sure at least one person read it and thought you were clever so mission accomplished.

Edited by Len B'stard