FOR SALE: New/Unused Original 1994 Guns N' Roses Pinball playfield

Blackjacker

I put this on one of the other forums, figured I'll put it here as well before I let it loose in the pinball community.

-----

I have an original New Old Stock playfield for the 1994 GNR pinball machine available. I had the playfield in mine restored, so this one's just been wall art, and since so many of the playfields in GNR machines are absolutely worn-out (usually at the Axl scoop and across the center logo) I figure it's better served by going to a new home.
Never installed in a machine, playfield is absolutely gorgeous. It is mylar-free, and has been professionally clearcoated. The clear shows some very fine micro-swirls from 20 years of storage - you would want to polish the surface before populating it, and with regular cleaning and waxing the clearcoat will keep it looking as-new forever.
If you are going to install it into a machine, it will need to be drilled and dimpled (a professional playfield restorer is recommend for that - I can provide contact details for several that I recommend) and there are three items on the playfield that I would have them address if you do go that route: There are two tiny brown specks in the artwork of the center logo near the G insert (see pic) that could be removed; there is a tiny 'dip' in the clearcoat at the end of the 'Slash' insert (see pic), and the Skull insert above the 'Slash' insert and the 'Rose Millions' insert (again, see pic) could use the black keyline around their edges re-lined. That's all stuff that a professional restorer would do in the course of 'perfecting' a playfield.
These don't escape the pinball community too often, if at all (it's been several years since I've seen a NOS GNR PF available) so I figured I'd offer it to the GNR collector community first.
Playfield is located in New Jersey. Let me know if any questions, more pics needed, whatever.
IMG_2850_zps5780b6af.jpg
Edited by Blackjacker

... Classic Playfield Reproductions now have a new, wider drum sander. So wide body playfield reproductions can now be done by them and my guess is this one would be high on their list to do.

They'd have to find someone nutty enough to take a NOS GNR playfield off the wall, build a shipping crate for it, pay $90 to ship and insure it from New Jersey to Arizona, wait 4 months while Stu scans it and then cross their fingers that it makes it back from Arizona undamaged, all for a $150 CPR store credit.

Never happen. :)

According to this post on Pinside about 3 months ago Stu was looking for a used GNR playfield for the CAD file development not a NOS one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-playfield

I'm sure they will find (if they haven't already) someone to send them a used one and in return receive it back rescreened and clear coated once CPR have have finished with it.