Rush Announce R40 Live 40th Anniversary Tour [SPOILERS]

Powerage5

Well, got my tickets for Detroit. I'm in the lower bowl, so I'm happy with that.

I couldn't pull up shit for Detroit. I was getting offered nosebleeds right at 10.

I know. I was getting absolutely nothing, but I just kept going through lunchtime. I found some really far back floor seats, but I ended up just going for the lower bowl for this one. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to get anything going, though.

Well, got my tickets for Detroit. I'm in the lower bowl, so I'm happy with that.

I couldn't pull up shit for Detroit. I was getting offered nosebleeds right at 10.

I know. I was getting absolutely nothing, but I just kept going through lunchtime. I found some really far back floor seats, but I ended up just going for the lower bowl for this one. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to get anything going, though.
All the presales for Detroit were fucked too. I had 3rd row pulled up in the Newsletter presale and then the site crashed - old not get any tickets after I lost the 3rd row. Couldn't pull anything up in the Coticard presale either, and today was just nosebleeds. Not gonna drive almost 7 hours for shitty seats :shrugs:

• 3 months later...

Opening night tonight :D show starts at 7:30 I think (Which means 7:45 on Rush time), so about 10 hours until show time. I'll post the setlist in here tonight right after the show, I don't think I'm up for live-posting the setlist. Maybe a picture or two during intermission. So excited, Rush is one of the best bands to see an opening night of a tour.

Wish I could hit this tour, but Detroit is sold out and I don't feel like doing the secondary market bullshit

Unless they're playing shit like Xanadu, 2112 complete, and Hemispheres/Cygnus complete I'll be ok.

Hope they do a second leg, here

Wish I could hit this tour, but Detroit is sold out and I don't feel like doing the secondary market bullshit

Unless they're playing shit like Xanadu, 2112 complete, and Hemispheres/Cygnus complete I'll be ok.

I'll say don't hold your breath for more shows. Alex has made it all but certain that this is the final tour.

I'll say don't hold your breath for more shows. Alex has made it all but certain that this is the final tour.

=(

Well, I have seen them several times before at least

Didn't realize this tour was already starting! I keep forgetting its already May. Really looking forward to this setlist. I didn't buy tickets to a show, because I still don't think they'll play a good enough setlist to get me out to see them. And I've seen them once before so if I don't make this tour it won't kill me even though it seems like their last. Hoping for some great 70s cuts though. I guess I'm looking forward to this and the next few nights' setlists to see if there are any rotating slots or anything. Should be fun. Regardless of the set, they still bring it live and even as someone that only truly likes 10 years of their material, it says a lot that I still can't wait to see their new setlist.

And Zeppelin, if you wanted to PM me any rumblings you've heard I'd love to hear them! I'm not seeing a show and will be watching a setlist tonight anyway so I don't mind spoilers before they've even happened!

Also, just cause I wanted to be sure, first show is in Oklahoma tonight. So thats 1 hour BEHIND East Coast time, and 2 hours AHEAD West Coast. For those waiting for that 7:30-8 local start time.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

Outside the venue now, doors open in a half hour. I can see the merch booth through the window - nothing terribly exciting. Several Starman shirts, one with the AFTK skull, one with the tour artwork, that's about all I can make out.

Intermission. Set 1:

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight (w/drum solo)

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

One Little Victory

Animate

Roll The Bones

Distant Early Warning

Subdivisions

I like the idea of reverse chronological order, but I wish it was a little more balanced. Seriously bummed on no Power Windows. Distant Early Warning is the highlight so far, both personally and in terms of crowd reception.

The Main Mother'fen Monkey Business! Yes! I'm surprised One Little Victory is in the middle of the set though. I know a lot of people don't really like it that much, but something like that does make for a brief energetic opener. Granted, you are probably right that it's in reverse chronological order, Powerage. I just wish they did something something like Earthshine, Ceiling Unlimited, Freeze, or Out of the Cradle, but that's just me being optimistic and naively hopeful. Also I wish they did something from Test For Echo like Driven or Half the World. Those are good tracks.

Edited by Anguyen92