Eminem, Royce da 5'9", etc. - Detroit Vs. Everybody VIDEO

Spaghetti Guy

Maybe its cuz the beats are more staccato and like, melody is almost completely divorced from it now that it appears that way. Not saying its bad or anything but it will be if its becomes like 'the way'. Evolving suggests a kind of progress and thats...not really a progression, its just kind following an idea through, rhyme upon rhyme upon rhyme but its gotta make you move too.

See when you take that cypher thing out of context and present it like its a song it kinda leaves you wondering what about it is supposed to be making you move.

Everybody went in pretty good there. If Bad Meets Evil 2, Death is Certain, or Slaughterhouse didn't make Royce bigger, nothing will. He deserves it though.

Maybe its cuz the beats are more staccato and like, melody is almost completely divorced from it now that it appears that way. Not saying its bad or anything but it will be if its becomes like 'the way'. Evolving suggests a kind of progress and thats...not really a progression, its just kind following an idea through, rhyme upon rhyme upon rhyme but its gotta make you move too.

See when you take that cypher thing out of context and present it like its a song it kinda leaves you wondering what about it is supposed to be making you move.

Its been going on in hip hop for the past few years. They are so concerned about their multis and punchlines. As you said, rattle is a good word. To me, that's why a lot of rappers now just don't connect like they should. They lose personality or something. Take Big Sean on Everybody vs Detroit. Yeah, he goes in good, solid rapping. But nothing makes me say, I like that dude, I need to bump him more. Its just like, he can rap pretty good, that's it.

I think it comes from people not being so beat orientated, the MCs i mean. Since DJs has kinda taken a backseat i dont think people

are mental about beats in the same way...a consequence of this appears to be that their flows dont ride with the beat but are just laid on top, to be that removes a lot of the talent aspect of being an MC.

As much as I love Em, he has the same problem. The beats he has been using since Recovery. Now he is still rapping his ass off, but compared to his old rapping over Dre beats, totally different. He is just spitting out rhyme after rhyme over theses new beats. Just not as engaging imo.