Motley Crue On The Tonight Show

TOS--LOA

I've never been a Motley Crue fan but I was thinking of catching them on their retirement tour. But I saw them on the tonight show the other day and it seemed like they were using mostly backing tracks. Is this what I can expect if I go see them live? Because if so I'd rather stay home.

Yeah, it's exactly what you can expect. The backing vocals are all backing tracks, and Vince only sings every 3rd or 4th word the rest of the time.

Thanks Powerage5. It also seemed like they were piping in some music as well. For me it's just not worth it to go see a rock band on stage 'pretending'. I'd rather support lesser known bands that are the real deal with my time and money.

Vince did more talking than singing. He looks like he had another face lift.

Anyway, without Tommy and Mick, that band would suck.

I love how Vince has tons of surgery, Nikki has more facial hair to hide his wrinkles, Mick is looking more like Alice Cooper these days, but Tommy Lee still kicks ass on the drums and he still looks like a teenager.

I saw some stuff online with his boys and they all seems to act the same. I think the true way to look young and to act like your younger. It seems to work so well for Mr. Tommy Lee.

Anyway, Motley Crue will always be one of the best bands to come out of the 80's. It's just sad that Vince can't sing those faster songs anymore.

Yeah, it's exactly what you can expect. The backing vocals are all backing tracks, and Vince only sings every 3rd or 4th word the rest of the time.

Thanks Powerage5. It also seemed like they were piping in some music as well. For me it's just not worth it to go see a rock band on stage 'pretending'. I'd rather support lesser known bands that are the real deal with my time and money.

They do also use backing music, not just the vocals. I didn't catch the Tonight Show performance but off the top of my head I know they use tapes for the SOLA bass intro and for rhythm guitar parts in some other songs.

Can't say I'm disappointed Motley aren't coming back around here. I've seen them enough times, and it was almost painful to sit through the last show because Vince was just brutal (tickets were $25 though). You'd almost think the guy would get his shit together for their last 34 dates, but then again why start caring now? :lol: Having seen a CF2 show though, I think they should have [had] backing singers on every single tour.

• Like 1

They do also use backing music, not just the vocals. I didn't catch the Tonight Show performance but off the top of my head I know they use tapes for the SOLA bass intro and for rhythm guitar parts in some other songs.

Can't say I'm disappointed Motley aren't coming back around here. I've seen them enough times, and it was almost painful to sit through the last show because Vince was just brutal (tickets were $25 though). You'd almost think the guy would get his shit together for their last 34 dates, but then again why start caring now? :lol: Having seen a CF2 show though, I think they should have [had] backing singers on every single tour.

Crue Fest 2 was a legitimately good show. Like, not just by Motley standards - I actually really enjoyed it.

Saw Crue at Hellfest a couple of years ago and was really impressed - was obviously one of their better nights. If they do a proper UK leg of the farewell tour I'll definitely go - can't pass up the chance to see them one last time. Vince is really past it these days though.

I love Motley, but just can't bring myself to pay to see them. The music is great, and they put on a fine show, but ever since the Video Game Awards performance Mili Vanili moment (Dr. Feelgood backing track kicked in mid-verse), I just won't pay to watch them lipsync. If you're gonna do that, might as well see Britney or someone else easier on the eyes than Vince...