Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

Yeah, I don't see anything sexist about the hate. It just looks bad and none of it was really funny. Go back a page and look at the movie posters. At first I honest to goodness thought they were some like, photoshop stuff that someone made to take shots at the movie. Then I figured out they are the legit movie posters. They're terrible. So not only does everything about the film look bad, it shits on a classic film at the same time. Of course it's gonna get a ton of thumbs down.

I don't know cuz, I think I'd like to see that :lol:

Come to that i wouldnt mind seeing Mr T play Audrey Hepburns role in Breakfast at Tiffanys :lol:

• Like 1

it was kind of hilarious a couple of days ago some hardcore sjw fucks were going on about all the thumbs down and how it was clearly sexist, then infinity ward launches the new call of duty trailer for "infinite warfare" only to have that get almost 600,000 down votes :lol: 

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

New trailer looks less overtly awful and more tepidly generic. 

Leslie Jones characters calling a bunch of metal heads "freaks" and then making a race card joke pretty much sums up what this is going to bring to the table.

i think this movie will break the record for the most stereotypes/cliches in movie history. the new trailer was just as bad if not more awful than the first.

The new trailer does improve upon the first (but you can't do any worst that the first.) But it's not enough to save this movie. It looks like the unfunniest movie that is supposed to be funny, that I can think of. The story might be ok, the plot ok, etc. But it sure as HELL doesn't look funny. It doesn't look scary either, it looks cartoonish. 

But you can't say these things without being called a sexist. Welcome to 2016.

Are people really playing the sexism card with this one? 

The trailers are just awful, I know you shouldn't judge a film by its trailers, but these are so disappointing. 

Maybe I am showing my age, Ghostbusters is a film I watched again and again as a kid. It made me laugh and scared me a bit at the same time.

I went to see the second one in the cinema, can remember the excitement. 

This just isn't Ghostbusters to me. I might give it a chance and watch it though, just so I can form my own opinion, not go by what some Tory toff boy critic writes in the daily mail. 

From what little I know about this movie's plot, just by seeing the trailers I can take the exact same cast and make a better movie.

I'd have Leslie Jones be the owner of a building or a curio shop where we'd have our McGuffin set in to stir up tons of paranormal activity that's out of control. No one knows what to do since the original Ghostbusters disappeared long ago and are presumed dead. The GB HQ building has long been abandoned, and amateur ghost hunters have constantly broken in to investigate, including the three females in this movie. When the city spearheads a search for the original Ghostbusters, the three amateur ghost hunters decide to take it upon themselves to be the new Ghostbusters after they find a treasure trove of old GB equipment in the abandoned firehouse. Maybe add the ghost of Dan Ackroyd to help them get started?

Yeah, it's not Oscar material, but it's a better premise than the current reboot.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, zeppelinrocksnexttognr said:

I always liked AVGN n his view of why the film will be shitty is getting a lot of people angry. For no reason. The dude makes a point. It just looks like a clone of the original. Looks shitty.

His point to not see it because it only supports Hollywood remakes is a damn good one. Nothing to do with sexism or anything.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2016 at 2:39 PM, zeppelinrocksnexttognr said:

I always liked AVGN n his view of why the film will be shitty is getting a lot of people angry. For no reason. The dude makes a point. It just looks like a clone of the original. Looks shitty.

He brings up the awful Transformers movies. People hate on them yet they go see them.

After years of being teased with a 3rd film and all we are getting is a remake, there's no reason to see it.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2016 at 3:16 PM, rocknroll41 said:

So moral of the story: Bill Murray is an asshole.

Moral of the story is that Ghostbusters the Game = Ghostbusters 3. It had all the key actors from the movies reprise their characters including Murray and the backstory to the Gozer events from the first one was cool. I really enjoyed the game.

Does anyone remember "Extreme Ghostbusters" by the way? That cartoon featured Egon (voiced by Maurice LaMarche) and a new generation of Ghostbusters and it was a decent series with some cool monsters and writing. Wish it had spawned more seasons:

ghost_art.gif

They even had a Real Ghostbusters (voice actors) reunion on the "Extreme Ghostbusters" show.

ii8o-2c-9778.jpg

Edited by Bumblefeet
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2016 at 5:19 PM, Bumblefeet said:

Moral of the story is that Ghostbusters the Game = Ghostbusters 3. It had all the key actors from the movies reprise their characters including Murray and the backstory to the Gozer events from the first one was cool. I really enjoyed the game.

Does anyone remember "Extreme Ghostbusters" by the way? That cartoon featured Egon (voiced by Maurice LaMarche) and a new generation of Ghostbusters and it was a decent series with some cool monsters and writing. Wish it had spawned more seasons:

ghost_art.gif

They even had a Real Ghostbusters (voice actors) reunion on the "Extreme Ghostbusters" show.

ii8o-2c-9778.jpg

I liked the show as well, but I missed it when it was new. I remember catching a couple of minutes of it before school one day, but I was in High school at that point, and cartoons were not something I paid much attention to. 

Years later I decided to download the entire real Ghostbusters series, and decided to give this one a chance too while I was at it. I liked it, but I didn't love it. The best episodes were the ones where the real Ghostbusters return. But I would take a film based off of this show in a heartbeat over what we are getting. 

7 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I liked the show as well, but I missed it when it was new. I remember catching a couple of minutes of it before school one day, but I was in High school at that point, and cartoons were not something I paid much attention to. 

Years later I decided to download the entire real Ghostbusters series, and decided to give this one a chance too while I was at it. I liked it, but I didn't love it. The best episodes were the ones where the real Ghostbusters return. But I would take a film based off of this show in a heartbeat over what we are getting. 

Yeah, it is still a cartoon show at the end of the day. But I will say that it honoured the original Ghostbusters (by keeping Egon, Janine and Slimer on board) as well as updated the ghostbusters much better; including a disabled person, a goth girl, a latino slacker and an African-American wizz kid making it a very off beat gang but fun to watch. Seeing this new movie, an all-female version with male secretary is in itself an insult to the original Ghostbusters movie IMO by turning the gender roles completely around for the sake of political correctness? Hollywood's quest to feature women more prominently because they can be funny as well? Please, I don't need that point to be made, especially in movies such as this where the prime focus should be the comedy & story, not the gender roles. Yet you can bet that the majority of the jokes will be addressing that plenty.

Edited by Bumblefeet

I'm sure it's already been said, but what an absolute cock Bill Murray is. All those years being a cock tease right up until Ramis kicks the bucket, and he's in this sjw approved cunt fest (cameo or not)? Suck a dick, Bill.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bobbo said:

I'm sure it's already been said, but what an absolute cock Bill Murray is. All those years being a cock tease right up until Ramis kicks the bucket, and he's in this sjw approved cunt fest (cameo or not)? Suck a dick, Bill.

While I agree with you to a point, I think one thing people forget is that he never wanted to be in Ghostbusters in the first place. Murray wanted to do the movie The Razor's Edge, it was something he was passionate about. The film was NOT a comedy, it was his first dramatic role I believe, and this was back in 1984. No studio wanted to fiance the film though, they didn't have faith in it (which rightfully so, since most people have never heard of it.) The only way Murray could get a studio to make that movie was if he agreed to do Ghostbusters, so reluctantly he agreed. 

Both films came out around the same time, and The Razor's Edge did NOTHING while Ghostbusters became a classic. That really upset Murray, so much so that he took the next four years off, not doing anything until 1988's Scrooged. 

But the moral of the story is Ghostbusters has NEVER been something Bill has ever really liked all that much. He says he is proud of the first film, and I believe him when he says that, but I doubt it's even one of his 10 favorite films he made. That is why he was always against making a 3rd film, he didn't want to do the 2nd one, he reluctantly signed on to do that one. Then during the making of Groundhog Day (a film that Harold Ramis directed) Murray and Ramis had a pretty big falling out. It was only repaired shortly before Harold died, but the two barely spoke for 20 Years or so. So when you really look at all these factors, that's why Bill always resisted Ghostbusters 3. We might not agree with his reasonings, but they are HIS reasons.

On the other hand, Bill has always shown an interest in doing voice over work. Its easy (only a few days work, and good money I'm sure). So the only REAL way to make a Ghostbusters 3 was to do an animated film, hence the video game. Either that or do a cameo, hence his apperance in the reboot. But I do feel it would have been difficult to do a Peter Venkmen cameo in Ghostbusters 3. He was the main man in the first 2 films, so only doing a cameo would have felt a little weird in my honest opinion, but it would have still been better than what we are getting. 

But I believe all of these factors are why there is already talk of a Real Ghostbusters animated film on the horizon. Ivan Reitman said something to this reguard a couple of months ago, basically saying the next Ghostcorps film (the new group in charge of all future Ghostbusters film, except for this current one) will be an animated film to really give the fans a proper Ghostbusters 3. They are FAR more likely to get Bill to sign up for this, and I think they know that. They only problem is who is going to play Egon? The rumor is the guy that did his voice in the real Ghostbusters might be the best choice to do the new Egon (which I agree with). But I did read a rumor that this NEW animated film will be more REAL Ghostbusters centric, as opposed to the film counterparts. But I don't think that's true, I have a feeling it'll be a mixture of both, but more in line with movies than with the cartoon. My reasoning behind this is, Dan Aykroyd is one of the execs at Ghostcorps. I don't for one second believe anyone other than him will voice Ray. If he is going to do Ray, then I'm sure they will get Ernie for Winston, and Annie Potts for Janine. That only leaves Peter and Egon as the question marks, which I think they might be able to get Bill, which would only leave Egon as the voice from the cartoon series. Which even though I do like the Real Ghostbusters, who would you rather have voice these characters, the REAL actors or the cartoon series counterparts? To me it's a no brainer.

Which brings me to my final point, I think the animated film, and a possible Russo Brothers film all will depend on the success of this first film, which is shame. I do feel this film will not do very good, and could kill off Ghostbusters perminatly. The studio will say "The franchise isn't strong enough in 2016" and cancel the whole thing, that's my fear. Which I don't think is true, it's just that THEY (the studio) are throwing a turd out first. You can't build a franchise based off a crap film. You have to start strong, which they are not doing. So the future plans (which I do like) probably won't happen because this first movie is going to kill the franchise. I still can't support this new film, but a part of me does hope it does well enough to get to some better ideas.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

On May 27, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Iron MikeyJ said:

While I agree with you to a point, I think one thing people forget is that he never wanted to be in Ghostbusters in the first place. Murray wanted to do the movie The Razor's Edge, it was something he was passionate about. The film was NOT a comedy, it was his first dramatic role I believe, and this was back in 1984. No studio wanted to fiance the film though, they didn't have faith in it (which rightfully so, since most people have never heard of it.) The only way Murray could get a studio to make that movie was if he agreed to do Ghostbusters, so reluctantly he agreed. 

Both films came out around the same time, and The Razor's Edge did NOTHING while Ghostbusters became a classic. That really upset Murray, so much so that he took the next four years off, not doing anything until 1988's Scrooged. 

But the moral of the story is Ghostbusters has NEVER been something Bill has ever really liked all that much. He says he is proud of the first film, and I believe him when he says that, but I doubt it's even one of his 10 favorite films he made. That is why he was always against making a 3rd film, he didn't want to do the 2nd one, he reluctantly signed on to do that one. Then during the making of Groundhog Day (a film that Harold Ramis directed) Murray and Ramis had a pretty big falling out. It was only repaired shortly before Harold died, but the two barely spoke for 20 Years or so. So when you really look at all these factors, that's why Bill always resisted Ghostbusters 3. We might not agree with his reasonings, but they are HIS reasons.

On the other hand, Bill has always shown an interest in doing voice over work. Its easy (only a few days work, and good money I'm sure). So the only REAL way to make a Ghostbusters 3 was to do an animated film, hence the video game. Either that or do a cameo, hence his apperance in the reboot. But I do feel it would have been difficult to do a Peter Venkmen cameo in Ghostbusters 3. He was the main man in the first 2 films, so only doing a cameo would have felt a little weird in my honest opinion, but it would have still been better than what we are getting. 

But I believe all of these factors are why there is already talk of a Real Ghostbusters animated film on the horizon. Ivan Reitman said something to this reguard a couple of months ago, basically saying the next Ghostcorps film (the new group in charge of all future Ghostbusters film, except for this current one) will be an animated film to really give the fans a proper Ghostbusters 3. They are FAR more likely to get Bill to sign up for this, and I think they know that. They only problem is who is going to play Egon? The rumor is the guy that did his voice in the real Ghostbusters might be the best choice to do the new Egon (which I agree with). But I did read a rumor that this NEW animated film will be more REAL Ghostbusters centric, as opposed to the film counterparts. But I don't think that's true, I have a feeling it'll be a mixture of both, but more in line with movies than with the cartoon. My reasoning behind this is, Dan Aykroyd is one of the execs at Ghostcorps. I don't for one second believe anyone other than him will voice Ray. If he is going to do Ray, then I'm sure they will get Ernie for Winston, and Annie Potts for Janine. That only leaves Peter and Egon as the question marks, which I think they might be able to get Bill, which would only leave Egon as the voice from the cartoon series. Which even though I do like the Real Ghostbusters, who would you rather have voice these characters, the REAL actors or the cartoon series counterparts? To me it's a no brainer.

Which brings me to my final point, I think the animated film, and a possible Russo Brothers film all will depend on the success of this first film, which is shame. I do feel this film will not do very good, and could kill off Ghostbusters perminatly. The studio will say "The franchise isn't strong enough in 2016" and cancel the whole thing, that's my fear. Which I don't think is true, it's just that THEY (the studio) are throwing a turd out first. You can't build a franchise based off a crap film. You have to start strong, which they are not doing. So the future plans (which I do like) probably won't happen because this first movie is going to kill the franchise. I still can't support this new film, but a part of me does hope it does well enough to get to some better ideas.

Wow I didn't know any of this. Very interesting read! Kinda changes my outlook on Murray a bit.

Melissa McCarthy:

"All those comments, ‘You're ruining my childhood!' I mean, really," McCarthy says in the interview. "Four women doing any movie on earth will destroy your childhood?"

She adds, "I have a visual of those people not having a Ben [Falcone], not having friends, so they're just sitting there and spewing hate into this fake world of the Internet. I just hope they find a friend."

So out of touch

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1