Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

I caved in and watched it this morning. I will say that it wasn't AS bad as I expected, but it was still pretty fucking bad. It was embarrassingly un-funny; I think I laughed twice, and neither was more than a small chuckle. The characters were bland and unlikeable IMO. The plot was too similar to the original. It just felt very...sloppy and unrefined. 

My biggest complaints about it though were in regards to the cinematography. For starters, I didn't really like their use of full frame at the climax. It didn't really add anything to the film the way it does in the Dark Knight, Star Wars, etc, and the transition was far more awkward and jarring than either of those examples. The other and bigger gripe I have - what the fuck is up with when the action jumps out of the letterbox frame? It looked so fucking stupid, the best I could think to describe it was like it was supposed to be a 3D film and they forgot to add the polarized image. I say this completely seriously, I think that was the most horrendous (Cinematography related) artistic decision I've ever seen in a film. 

4/10, would not watch again

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm 33 and i still can't ride a fuckin' bike :lol:  A great many would tell you my fuckin' driving at up to much either!  Can't swim either.

Aww, you gotta learn to ride a bike! Here you go Len..if you don't want to start with the training wheels, they've made this kind of bike 'specially for you adult newbies :lol:

Image result for adult 3 wheel bikes canada

• Like 3

On 10/19/2016 at 1:37 PM, Len Cnut said:

Wouldn't've done me a lot of good, i can't ride a bike :lol:  I was 13 at the time so schoolboys pretty accurate!

oh this brings back bad memories! when i was six i used to borrow my neighbor girl's bike all the time ( she and her parents were cool with it, they'd leave the bike on their front walk when they were gone so i could ride it even when they weren't home. ) so one day my mom sent me to the 7-11 to get something, don't remember what. i had a purse in my hand and the bike was bigger than a kid's bike. anyway, i barely got more than a few feet away when the bike toppled over. i ended up w/ a broken arm and swore off bikes.

then when i was in jr high my best friend talked me into borrowing her brother's 10 speed and she and i went biking; we were going shopping downtown which was several miles away. we went over a curb and i lost control and fell over...again. didn't break anything but i was pretty scraped up. my brother had to come pick me up and we threw the bike in the back.

then when i was like 20 my BFF decided we were going to bike for exercise. she pushed me into buying a bike, then we went riding down one of the busiest streets in Sacramento; if i had fallen the wrong way i'd have landed in very heavy traffic and most likely been run over! i have no idea how i didn't... luckily she lost interest and i never had to bike w/her again.

now i stick to my exercise bike! :lol:

• Like 1