Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

It's so funny watching you lot lose your shit when your favourite childhood bollocks gets desicrated. 'Oh no, not Ghostbusters too!' :lol: Yes, Ghostbusters too :lol: Who gives a flying fuck about that aincent bollocks, have you actually tried watching that cack since your bollocks have dropped? It's hardly fuckin' what i would called gripping :lol:

How will the good name of Egon Spengler ever recover :lol:

The Indiana Jones thread is funny too.

• Like 2

It's so funny watching you lot lose your shit when your favourite childhood bollocks gets desicrated. 'Oh no, not Ghostbusters too!' :lol: Yes, Ghostbusters too :lol: Who gives a flying fuck about that aincent bollocks, have you actually tried watching that cack since your bollocks have dropped? It's hardly fuckin' what i would called gripping :lol:

I was actually gonna make the comment there but they seem a vicious lot :lol:

• Like 3

Kristen Wig sucks and Melissa McCarthy sucks worse. The thing that blows about McCarthy is that she CAN be a good actress. I saw her in St. Vincent and she was fantastic in that, but 90% of her shit is just "oh look, I'm fat! Let's make a joke about my minge!" and its just absolutely terrible. She should ditch comedy and do serious roles.

It would be nice if people actually decided not to eat the steaming shitburgers Hollywood is constantly offering up.

They'll spend untold millions on this movie and market the everloving fuck out of it. Ads every five minutes on every channel. Annoying pop-ups on every website. Parading the "hilarious" cast on every fucking morning/late night talk show to get people out to see their shitty ass movie.

Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing indeed if we all just ignored it? Just rejected the fact that this bullshit even exists? Instead of bitching and getting angry on websites, instead we all just look the other way and not even acknowledge the studio's pathetic little cash grab? And when the movie opens wide on every theater in the country on 4th of July weekend, it grosses a miserable $9 million or something and the message will be sent loud and clear.......stay the fuck away from Ghostbusters. Do NOT "reboot" our beloved classics with shitty ass flavor of the month "comedians" from SNL, or Jonah Hill, or any of the other bullshit. Just leave the few GOOD movies Hollywood has managed to churn out in the last 4 decades ALONE.

• Like 1

I feel like such a hypocrite. I think reboots like this, a potential Indy one, the Spiderman ones, etc are usually abominations or potential abominations, but I can't help get excited about sequels.

Like, is a Star Wars Episode VII a fresh and original idea? Of course not, hell, Return of the Jedi was a great ending. But I can't help but be more excited for that than any other movie. I'm even excited for Avengers 2, Jurassic World (looks to be shit, but I can't help it), etc. Like, how are sequels any better than reboots? Maybe because the cast is the same and it continues a story? Or maybe they aren't? I don't know...

Seriously, I won't go see this though. An all female cast is stupid because they are being politically correct just to do it and casting the "flavors of the month" as estrangedtwat said. I am all for more minorities and women to have major roles. Heck, I'm psyched The Force Awaken's two main characters are black and female because they seem like they'll be great actors in it. But this is just so blatant and stupid, and Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy are awful.

Hollywood is still capable of the occasional original idea in a blockbuster. I thought Interstellar was something different and a fantastic movie, but they are still far and few between

Edited by ZoSoRose

*shrug* On paper, I prefer the chick reboot idea to any of planned sequels that have fallen through (Ghostbusters 2 is bad enough, thank you very much, Bill Murray isn't the only person who doesn't want to see Dan Ackroyd donning a proton pack at 70). And to the idea of a more conventional (ie male) reboot, which would have no shot of surviving comparison. They're all talented, especially McKinnon and Bridesmaids was as good as studio comedies get these days. It could very well suck all of the ass, but it's the least offensive option we've been offered (besides leaving well enough alone anyway).

• Like 1

I feel like such a hypocrite. I think reboots like this, a potential Indy one, the Spiderman ones, etc are usually abominations or potential abominations, but I can't help get excited about sequels.

Like, is a Star Wars Episode VII a fresh and original idea? Of course not, hell, Return of the Jedi was a great ending. But I can't help but be more excited for that than any other movie. I'm even excited for Avengers 2, Jurassic World (looks to be shit, but I can't help it), etc. Like, how are sequels any better than reboots? Maybe because the cast is the same and it continues a story? Or maybe they aren't? I don't know...

Seriously, I won't go see this though. An all female cast is stupid because they are being politically correct just to do it and casting the "flavors of the month" as estrangedtwat said. I am all for more minorities and women to have major roles. Heck, I'm psyched The Force Awaken's two main characters are black and female because they seem like they'll be great actors in it. But this is just so blatant and stupid, and Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy are awful.

Hollywood is still capable of the occasional original idea in a blockbuster. I thought Interstellar was something different and a fantastic movie, but they are still far and few between

Well for a sequel some original thought does have to go into what the story is going to be, plus there is always the interest of knowing what the characters are up to, what has happened in the intervening period etc? With a reboot, there is none of that, it is quite simply a case of cashing in on a recognisable name.

They're not the target audience though.

Im nothing if not considerate of peoples feelings young man :)

This development actually makes me want to see the movie more than I did yesterday. I thought it was going to be a bunch of nobodies playing the roles (which I guess could be good, everyone needs to start somewhere). Guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually find McCarthy rather funny in most of her movies (not a fan of her television show, however). Not sure about Whig, but McCarthy being added to the cast definitely makes for a more promising movie, at least that's how I see it.

You're all heart Lenny, unless they like Zep or United...

• Like 1

You're all heart Lenny, unless they like Zep or United...

Thats not fair, i been complimentary of Zep plenty of times :lol: United dont count, that ain't people, thats animals :lol:

This development actually makes me want to see the movie more than I did yesterday. I thought it was going to be a bunch of nobodies playing the roles (which I guess could be good, everyone needs to start somewhere). Guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually find McCarthy rather funny in most of her movies (not a fan of her television show, however). Not sure about Whig, but McCarthy being added to the cast definitely makes for a more promising movie, at least that's how I see it.

If you weren't in charge here I'd be calling you sooooooooooo many names right now!!!!!!! :lol:

If you weren't in charge here I'd be calling you sooooooooooo many names right now!!!!!!! :lol:

Stuff like, "awesome, intelligent, wise, infallible"? If so, then please proceed :P

Stuff like, "awesome, intelligent, wise, infallible"? If so, then please proceed :P

I imagine it would be more along the lines of a general questioning of your masculinity and a few "your mum" references. :lol:
  • Like 1