Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

On 23 July 2016 at 3:44 AM, Snake-Pit said:

Saw this tonight, heard so many bad reviews but; I found myself laughing at jokes in this film; I enjoyed it, which I half expected not to, I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

17 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Saw it last night.  Really enjoyable film, not super-great but good enough.  Can't wait for the blu-ray!  :headbang:

Went to see this earlier today, agree with the above - it was much better than the trailer implied. My 9 yr old son loved it and laughed all the way through, my 15 yr old son refused to contemplate seeing it, I suspect because of all the adverse publicity surrounding it which is a shame because I think he would have secretly enjoyed it. :facepalm:

My main criticism is that the middle section was a bit slow and they did too much telling rather than showing. Overall it was decent though and had it been an original concept rather than a reboot I think it would have been generally well received.

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

Just watched a copy of this. It wasn't as bad as the trailer suggested. It wasn't really good or anything, just not AS bad as I'd imagined. 

i just didn't find it funny, it just kind of exists :lol:

ghostbusters dropped 53% this weekend at the box office. to finish #3 at the box office.

Edited by bran

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Got dragged to it actually. It's trash. A shot for shot remake almost in a shit way. Not funny, unlikable, stupid. I don't care that they're girls, it just sucked.

Everything this summer has sucked except Civil War and Finding Dory. Fuck Hollywood

You sure you didn't see Independance Day 2? Now THAT was a shot for shot remake in a shit way. I feel like they did a lot of the same things in Ghostbusters but in a much better way than ID4-2. 

Like others are saying; I'm not saying it's the greatest motion picture of all time, but I just don't think it's as bad as people are saying.

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You sure you didn't see Independance Day 2? Now THAT was a shot for shot remake in a shit way. I feel like they did a lot of the same things in Ghostbusters but in a much better way than ID4-2. 

Like others are saying; I'm not saying it's the greatest motion picture of all time, but I just don't think it's as bad as people are saying.

I hated that too. And star trek, BvS, and x men.

This year suckssss 

38 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I hated that too. And star trek, BvS, and x men.

This year suckssss 

I didn't see Star Terk yet and I had no interest in X-Men but I strongly disliked BvS. I just meant to say that I think Ghostbusters was much, much better than ID4-2

6 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I found this on youtube. Judge for yourselves. I think this "ending" really speaks for itself. I don't need to say much more.

I guess now I won't even download it.

Just watched the video above. Holy fuck why did I do it? It's really hard not to hate these characters, Melissa McCarthy and the black lady's voice were driving me crazy. The effects are awful, what were they thinking? Oh yeah and the crotch-shot, the girls shooting in the root of all evil in the world. GIRL POWER!!! I hope they reboot the franchise with a male cast just for the lols.

• Like 2

On 19/07/2016 at 1:33 PM, Iron MikeyJ said:

As for Dan's comments a couple of posts back, really dude go fuck yourself. I'm sure there are plenty of films, music, or whatever's that you feel passionate about and if someone was fucking those up you would be mad. So don't come in here and act all high and mighty because YOU don't know what the fuss is all about. 

No one's fucking up a film you're passionate about. It's not like as soon as this film was released, the original was destroyed in all media forms and made unavailable. It's still here.

I'm not overjoyed by the fact that there's a sequel to Finding Nemo or that there's going to be a Toy Story 4, but I just ignore it. Shit gets remade, get over it.

Edited by toroymoi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, toroymoi said:

No one's fucking up a film you're passionate about. It's not like as soon as this film was released, the original was destroyed in all media forms and made unavailable. It's still here.

I'm not overjoyed by the fact that there's a sequel to Finding Nemo or that there's going to be a Toy Story 4, but I just ignore it. Shit gets remade, get over it.

He's passionate about Ghostbusters. They fucked up the new one. Majorly. It stinks. 

I think you need to get over that people think this is a steaming pile of shit. 

2 hours ago, SoniaRose said:

He's passionate about Ghostbusters. They fucked up the new one. Majorly. It stinks. 

I think you need to get over that people think this is a steaming pile of shit. 

In your opinion and his they may have fucked the new movie up, but that doesn't change the old one. To act like it does is ridiculous. You dislike it? Fine, move on and don't throw a temper-tantrum about it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

In your opinion and his they may have fucked the new movie up, but that doesn't change the old one. To act like it does is ridiculous. You dislike it? Fine, move on and don't throw a temper-tantrum about it.

Who the hell do you think you are to tell fans of a movie series how they should feel about it? They have every right to be pissed off. This turd just fucked the relaunch of the whole franchise. 

1 hour ago, toroymoi said:

These have echoed my thoughts from the start:
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/slq79b/-midnight-with-chris-hardwick-this-cast-has-no-d--k---the--ghostbusters--remake

• Like 1