I Want This to Be My Next Car

downzy

• 3 weeks later...

Or this thing

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/rover/city-rover/used-rover-city-rover-1-4-sprite-5dr-leeds-fpa-201601230347228?logcode=p

I have never heard of this car in my life!

It looks like a car for the elderly.

But it's a 2004 and £525 and affordable on insurance.

It says city and is 178 miles away, so it will be novel to get this little (old age pensioner's) car and have it be my ride from Gangland South London to my Saturday Job in Soho/London's red light district in theatreland etc...

Edited by Snake-Pit

God car insurance is an arsehole if you wish to insure in London...

So my options are (The Peugeot 305 Estate I was getting excited about got sold :( )

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201510087605649/sort/default/usedcars/dealer/10002398/dpp/aven-cars-dunstable-dpp-10002398/page/1/advert-type/dealer-stock?logcode=dsp£1, 000 after insurance down payment

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201601290511409/sort/default/usedcars/dealer/10002398/page/4/dpp/aven-cars-dunstable-dpp-10002398/advert-type/dealer-stock?logcode=dsp£1, 200 after insurance down payment

and for the retro/old school/don't want Power Steering or ABS or nothing option; http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C694122# £1, 400after insurance down payment

Edited by Snake-Pit

If you're a bloke and you don't have at least some level of interest in the following then you're gay. Or you have a touch of it about you and, there's a good chance one of your kids with turn out gay. Those things are:

suits

quality watches

motors

football (interchangeable with whatever they do in the park with a ball in your country)

birds (didn't see that one coming, did ya?)

The fact that those of you in this thread that have expressed a distaste for car people have also at some point expressed an interest in food and cooking says something. Loud and clear. And it's OK, just know, you've a bit of bender in you :lol:

Am I a bird, or do you mean the cardinals and blue jays?

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea, but i worry about living in a northern climate, with snow, salt on the roads, de-icer, etc. What will that do to the sensors? I mean, i'm sure it will be fine 99% of the time. But it only takes 1% to end up making this entire autopilot thing net- not worth it.

I think it's great in theory. Like camping. When you end up shitting behind a tree, fighting off ants, it's less appealing.

Edited by Jackie Moon
  • Like 1

Can i give you a tip Snakes?  When you get a motor, don't get a rudeboy motor.  If you smoke weed or do dodgy drug related shit, get yourself a mildly conservative looking car so you're less likely to get pulled.  It really works y'know, when i dress like i dress socially and drive my old clapped out Astra i get pulled left right and centre, when i got my work clothes on (i.e. a suit) and drive my brothers car i never ever ever get pulled.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Proper clean example though man, how much did you part with?

£990.00

3 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Diving into this topic for the first time. The things being a mod makes me do!

Anyway, I don't own a car- I haven't even passed my test.

You're all going to laugh at this, but this is my car of choice. 

$_86.JPG

VW Cabriolet/Convertible... Nothing wrong with that.

7 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Right but without beetle what you called it applies to a completely different car, ergo it is a Beetle.

It's a drop top made by VW...

So, no it doesn't. What I said will forever remain apt.

Edited by Snake-Pit