Steven Adler celebrates 1 year sober, Completes work on new "Adler" song

KeyserSoze

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-celebrates-one-year-of-sobriety-completes-work-on-new-adler-song/

"Adlers" Jacob Bunton and Johnny Martin did a little interview at NAMM which you can see here:

Summary:

-According to Bunton, "Adler" never broke up after they cancelled there tour in 2013, but rather went on hiatus

-As of 2 weeks ago, Steven is 1 year sober

-the members talk about the side projects they did during there time off from "Adler", including hanging with Motley, Alice Cooper, and Scott Weiland.

-The interviewer mentions a new album, but Bunton says they only went in the studio to complete one song, "just taking baby steps right now"

-no word on when the new track will be available, but it is finished, "it just has to be mixed and mastered"

- also no word on if the song will be available as a single, ep, or on a upcoming record.

- Bunton also mentions doing "some shows, but not a big tour or anything like that", they have dates lined up, but those won't be announced for another couple of weeks.

Edited by KeyserSoze

i saw steven 20 feet away from me playing the best rock songs ever written with his GNR cover band in a club in Brazil a few years ago.

i was right

he is the best drummer i have ever listened to

i just didnt know one thing

i didnt know a person could spend 90 minutes playing drums and smiling all at once

steven-adler-drums-opener-corbis-630-80.

Stevie-D-steven-adler-22938023-360-270.j

• Like 2

I had a friend who once met steven Adler and talked to him about how adler was staying sober and fighting hard but he still smoked a bunch of weed. Now don't get me wrong I love smoking weed myself, but I would never go around saying I was a sober person...

Edited by RockerRoller

I had a friend who once met steven Adler and talked to him about how adler was staying sober and fighting hard but he still smoked a bunch of weed. Now don't get me wrong I love smoking weed myself, but I would never go around saying I was a sober person...

If weed helps him not go back to dangerous drugs then yeah i count that as being sober. Weed won't kill him but heroin will. He probably uses it as medication not because he's addicted to it there's a big difference..

People saying call me when it's 20 years.... just be happy for him... Doesn't cost you anything. So easy to judge addicts but I say celebrate the small victories. He helped define AFD, baby!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

People saying call me when it's 20 years.... just be happy for him... Doesn't cost you anything. So easy to judge addicts but I say celebrate the small victories. He helped define AFD, baby!

I watch this video quite often. I really like the way he plays on this, even if the snare sounds like garbage.

I watch this video quite often. I really like the way he plays on this, even if the snare sounds like garbage.

he's not the best "technical" drummer but man, the guy has swing and a certain thing that's undefinable...he just has "it"

• Like 1

Adler isn't the best drummer, but he was the perfect drummer for GNR.

the guy I think that has the closest Adler feel since he was ousted is Ferrer...that guy adds nuance to the songs making them feel fresh but he's also got that Adler-esque groove going on

Adler isn't the best drummer, but he was the perfect drummer for GNR.

the guy I think that has the closest Adler feel since he was ousted is Ferrer...that guy adds nuance to the songs making them feel fresh but he's also got that Adler-esque groove going on

As you may know I've given a lot of the live stuff a wide berth since 09 but I think it was the Golden Gods golden stream where I noticed exactly that about Frank.

• Like 1