AWOLNATION

downzy

New song from AWOLNATION:

Not bad. Not as good as Sail, but not terrible.

Really like this band, shame they don't get more attention than they do. I always thought the Aaron Brune (lead singer) had the vocals to do a GNR cover justice. Love his upper register vocals.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Saw these guys last night. Truly one of the better concerts I've ever seen. Bruno's vocals live are just as good as they are on his records. Any Axl rasp fans should check him and his band out live. Hollow Moon sounds amazing live; the recording doesn't do the song justice. Can't believe they played Knights of Shame; it's a beast of a song. Closed with Sail. One of the few concerts I've been to I'd rate a 10 out of 10.

Here's one of their better songs on the new album:

Their albums are pretty solid. Some songs are slow burns, but definitely worth your time. They're probably one of the heaviest rock/pop bands out there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Going to see them in Minneapolis next week! Downzy, your review has me stoked for it. First show in a while for this old timer. Album's great. The more I listen, the more I appreciate it too. A good sign. Both Rolling Stone and Billboard gave it mediocre reviews, but I think it's the best rock album I've heard siince Haim's Day's are Gone.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

new summer tour dates: 

3828373_orig.jpg

anyone going to try and catch a show? (tickets are like $20..) Death From Above is a heavy fucking band... it will be interesting to see how the Teeny Boppers that show up for these shows because of "Sail" react to that band :lol: 

I wish they were coming back through New Orleans, but im using the second half of my summer to follow GNR around the South, so unfortunately i can't make it to one of these shows 

Edited by KeyserSoze

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

For those of you that care, Aaron is currently in the studio fleshing out songs for AWOL record #3.. 

Controversy has arisen in the last 2 months as Kenny Carkeet, the force behind AWOLs live sound, has started a side project named "Fitness" and seems to be out of AWOLNATION as AWOLNATIONs social media used to be in the hands of Kenny, but now is in the hands of Aaron. Kenny has written malicious tweets about someone who has wronged him, changed his social media handles from "AWOL_Assassin" (his nickname in the band used to be Assassin) to "KennyCarkeet", and has failed to mention his involvement in any further AWOLNATION related things, where as he used to before.

Aaron has mentioned that he wishes "alternative music" would go back to its guitar driven roots in the vain of Weezer, Radiohead, and various others. He hopes to change up AWOLNATIONs style on the next record and get most of his current band involved in the record. Around a half month ago, Aaron posted a picture to social media of him in the studio. Bass player Marc Walloch has also posted photos from inside Brunos private studio.   

Im sure no one on this forum really cares, but they are by far my favorite band behind GNR and i love to update the masses on their activities :headbang:

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Kenny confirmed yesterday he is no longer associated with AWOLNATION. Such a shame as he has been with the band since its inception. He is going off to do his own thing with Eve 6 singer Max Collins in an electro-alternative outfit known as "Fitness." Fitness will be play a show this weekend in LA, then some shows later in March in LA and Vegas. I suggest you check them out. Check out two songs they have released this year here: 

Aaron also offered an update on the album, telling fans via email he was drawing inspiration from the rainy weather in California, and big things are coming in 2017. He also hyped IRONTOMs new album, one he produced and will be featured on, slated for a early May release. AWOLNATION guitarist Zach Irons is in the band who will be opening for RHCP in May. Pre-order IRONTOMs new album and get their single "Brain Go." 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The last album had potential after I heard Bad Wolf, but fell a little short for me overall. I still enjoyed it though, but not as memorable as the first.

Last I saw AWOL live was when they played this little... barn, basically, in Orange, VA for a recorded special called Sessions at Willow Grove, which I never ended up seeing.

I was front and center. Super cool. You can actually see the back of my head in this picture right in the center :lol:

OCR_Sessions-at-WGrove_Awolnation_9794_a

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really quietly today, AWOL announced a new tour, single, and album: 

Album: "Here Come The Runts" due Feb 2018

Single: 

the other new single that was released a month ago: 

Tour dates: 

http://awolnationmusic.com/

@downzy looks like they are opening this all new tour in your neck of the woods! Have $159 laying around? It can get you this: 

https://www.cidentertainment.com/events/awolnation-tour-2018/?utm_source=partner_referral&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=awolnation_tour_2018

Edited by KeyserSoze