BBF on leaving GNR: "The reign of doom is over"

Thought this was a thread on Ron bashing the GNR name, why does everyone turn everything into a 'we hate dj' post?

Because it's

a. The one thing most GnR fans agree about

b. The worst part about GnR. Ever.

Nothing like an honest reply full of facts. Nothing to argue with here.
Can't agree about both points, it's not most fans , just most people on here

The worst thing about GNR is Axl's failure to release more than one studio album since TSI was released

False.
True !

The worst part of gnr is Axl's lazy ass attitude, for me he's one of the greatest frontman ever, but he needs his ass kicking , anyway I can't wait for Axl to respond to bumble

False!

What does Axl have to respond to exactly? A joke about a burger? Because if you actually bother to press play on the video that is all this thread is about.

Do you seriously think I'd post things here without watching the video? Come on, think about it

Then what are you upset about?

Yeah, in the end of the day, Ron's departure makes no differecen, unless you're a big Ron fan, which then should make you happy that your faovrite guitar player is now free to play and write with whoever he wants.

I never liked Ron. I find his guitar playing very uninteresting. The tone of his guitar is terrible. His original music is creative here and there, but he is by no means a "legendary" guitarist. But yes, he's very talented.

He does seem to be a good person and he did all he could to make GNR more interesting to him and the fans. People should respect that.

If Ashba is living the dream, I could say Ron was living a nightmare because I'm sure that even with the money and recognition, the guy truly wanted to write songs for GNR.

Now Axl will need to find another replacement and the NuGNR circus will continue. Really hoping Dildoface gets his chance!

Axl had the honor to work with: Izzy Stradlin, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Robin Finck, Dave Navarro, Buckethead and Bumblefoot. That's a lot of wasted talent and opportunities. Axl is so stupid. #blessedlife #sic

Edited by maynard
  • Like 2

I can't wait for Axl fans to start trashing Bumblefoot, a member of the band they completely loved up until the point of his departure. :)

Haha true!

Whereas, I never liked him ;)

Subs, why didn't you ever like Ron?

I've met him and he was a genuinely nice guy let me say that for him, first.

His tone was a VERY poor mans Buckethead -- when BH shreaded it was complementing the basic melody; when BBF shreaded it went off on a bizarre tangent imo. Was he talented? Yes absolutely. Just thought his tone and direction was awful. The solo in Shacklers Revenege is the worst in Guns' back catalogue, it's literally embarrassing. Then his snide-like swipe at Axl/management (im going way back here) were just poor and ill judged. His "omg I'm crippled with my back sympathise with me playing live" routine was just....... Bizarre??

So both his playing and personal make-up/character never sat right with me, pretty much from day 1 to be honest. And don't get me started on the 'line' that musically he's been held back. Gtfo of here! Bumblefoot who? Next to nobody knew who he was, period. Thanks to Axl he's had his profiled raised ten fold. If he felt so held back musically then he shouldn't have joined; or indeed left early. But you can't pick up a significant pay increment AND an important profile step up AND THEN STILL cry artistry abandonment, please.

I'll end as I started. Nice guy - I wish him all the best, I mean that. But I won't miss his music one iota.

• Like 1

Don't bite the hand that feeds you...

This.

What good is a hand that feeds when that same hand keeps you on a very tight leash?

Dude, you forget that a few people on these forums don't look at GnR or Axl like normal well-adjusted people do.

They think people should bow down and feel privileged just to be in the same room as Axl.

They forget that Axl himself uses the GnR name to promote his career, especially financially. So ya - BBF sucks off the GnR teet to help benefit his career. But so does Axl.

Bite the hand that feeds. What a friggin ridiculous thing to say.

man am i supposed to hate or love bbf now...?? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

You should love/hate him as much as you love/hate Slash ... they are in the same team now, I think ... :shrugs:

Or, we can stop acting like teenagers and realize that adults don't take "teams" or sides in issues regarding who is in a band or not.

• Like 1

If he's out, good for him. He's out of that hell-hole and can be creative and enjoy being a musical artist. Release his music when he wants and have fun touring it, without having to walk on egg-shells about what he says or about any new music from Guns N' Roses.

He always seemed like a good guy and I wish him the best. It's going to be sad though to see people turn on him because he left GN'R.

• Like 1

Unlike everyone else on the planet that uses their past work history and experience as a way to further their career, Ron has to completely erase GNR from his resume and cannot use the GNR name ever again.

#Axlfanlogic

Does that apply to Axl as well?

Has BBF come out and stated he left GNR because Axl didn't want to use his material in future albums? Sounds like a massive case of butthurt to me.

Butthurt? So a musician being unhappy because the dictator of the band refuses to use his material on an album is considered being butthurt?

Holy crap dude. How far up Axl's ass are you? Do you know how most bands operate?

• Like 3

So...BBF can you stop using the GNR name from all future personal appearances, thanks. Thank for the memories..just remember where would you be now without GNR?, a healthy bank account, pretty well known, met millions of fans, half of which are possibly following you on twitter, which comes in handy when you get invited to personal appearances.

Kid, you must not know a lot about concert promotion. This is the Promoters who do this to sell extra tickets by using the GNR name. Gilby Clarke was in GNR far less time than Ron but his concert posters/ads still say Gilby Clarke formerly of Guns N'Roses. Ron has every right to have the same thing listed on his appearances. Anyway who cares, I doubt he can draw more than 50 people to his shows in the States anyway.

• Like 1

The "Butthurt" gimmick is really stupid.

Sometimes when I come to this forum I feel embarrassed to be a die-hard Axl Rose fans.

The way some people on this forum (and a couple others) act like the world revolves around Axl is just friggin weird.

You don't have to worship a singer to be a huge die-hard fan. You expect this from teenage Justin bieber fans. But from grown adults? It's just borderline creepy and pathetic.

• Like 1

The "band" has been a fucking standing joke for years now. Who can take any of this shit seriously? It's truly a circus of misfits. Axl has had numerous chances and countless options throughout these years and has pissed them all away. Nothing will change from here on out. Maybe at some point in the not-so-distant future we may get some tracks recorded from the CD sessions. Nothing will change while there are still people ready to suck Axl's dick and lick his balls. I think that until everything falls apart we will always be in limbo. I think they have gotten too comfortable with periodically sucking certain markets dry. I don't foresee anything beyond the type of tours we have had for over a decade. Maybe they will change up some songs and such. Maybe DJ will thrill us with the Rainbow Bright theme?

Unlike everyone else on the planet that uses their past work history and experience as a way to further their career, Ron has to completely erase GNR from his resume and cannot use the GNR name ever again.

#Axlfanlogic

Does that apply to Axl as well?

Has BBF come out and stated he left GNR because Axl didn't want to use his material in future albums? Sounds like a massive case of butthurt to me.

Butthurt? So a musician being unhappy because the dictator of the band refuses to use his material on an album is considered being butthurt?

Holy crap dude. How far up Axl's ass are you? Do you know how most bands operate?

:lol:

Forgive me. I know lets open up CD: 2 with the Pink Panther theme and then follow it up with Little Brother Is Watching, screw The General nobody wants to hear that.