BBF on leaving GNR: "The reign of doom is over"

John Bonham of gnfnr is reporting that some dude who talks to himself at htgth is reporting that BBF has June 2014 listed on his Linkedin profile as the end of his stint with GNR.

It's true, but not sure if that is a real profile or not. It does look legit though. Either some one is trying REALLLYYY hard to cupcake GNR fans (entirely possible) or it is really his

What's the over/under on number of musicians who have to leave the band before everyone just admits that Axl is nuts and impossible to work with?

Is anyone saying Axl isn't impossible to work with? :huh:

Me. Every single person he has worked with in the past has come back (or tried to come back) except for Buckethead because he's afraid of Tommy. If Axl was impossible to work with that simply wouldn't be the case. I'm sure the lack of every single thing a functioning band should do besides an occasional tour gets old, but working with him doesn't seem to be anybody's problem. Not working with him seems to be most people's actual problem.

:rolleyes: Semantics at it's finest.

The dude is impossible to work with. That's why everyone leaves. Every single person he's worked with in the past has come back? Interesting. I guess we've been following completely different bands all these years because the band I've been following, not one fucking person has ever come back.

No, we're following the same band. You are just at the unfortunate disadvantage of not having the ability to understand things that happen right in front of you. I'm sure you were born that way though, so I accept you the way that you are.

When a former member rejoins the band get back to. Until then STFU because nobody who has ever left has ever come back.

Everyone that has left has come back to play with him which nullifies your dumbass argument the he is unbearable to work with. Until you learn to figure out what happened in the real world instead of being blinded by your undying and pathetic bitterness, STFU because nobody cares how much you wish you had a point.

When have slash and bucket been back?

What's the over/under on number of musicians who have to leave the band before everyone just admits that Axl is nuts and impossible to work with?

Me. Every single person he has worked with in the past has come back (or tried to come back) except for Buckethead because he's afraid of Tommy. If Axl was impossible to work with that simply wouldn't be the case. I'm sure the lack of every single thing a functioning band should do besides an occasional tour gets old, but working with him doesn't seem to be anybody's problem. Not working with him seems to be most people's actual problem.

The dude is impossible to work with. That's why everyone leaves. Every single person he's worked with in the past has come back? Interesting. I guess we've been following completely different bands all these years because the band I've been following, not one fucking person has ever come back.

No, we're following the same band. You are just at the unfortunate disadvantage of not having the ability to understand things that happen right in front of you. I'm sure you were born that way though, so I accept you the way that you are.
When a former member rejoins the band get back to. Until then STFU because nobody who has ever left has ever come back.
Everyone that has left has come back to play with him which nullifies your dumbass argument the he is unbearable to work with. Until you learn to figure out what happened in the real world instead of being blinded by your undying and pathetic bitterness, STFU because nobody cares how much you wish you had a point.

Have Gilby, Adler and Sorum been back?

The fact people are arguing about which "ex" members have came back for one-offs or for a few shows compared to which "ex" members haven't came back.........sort of proves the point of the overall picture, doesn't it?

Edited by Apollo

Learn how to read a conversation from the beginning and you might possibly be able to understand that I already had Bucket and Slash excluded, even though Slash quite famously tried crawling back and was rejected. Twice. Once with guitar in hand. Gilby was the first to play with Axl at his own show for those stupid enough to bring him up. Sorum has said that he's open to a reunion and anybody that has a smidgen of common sense wouldn't be ridiculous enough to question what Steven would do if given the opportunity. Next?

Finally some kind of confirmation that BBF is out of the band... You have to wonder why Ron didn't talk earlier about this, afraid of a breach of contract possibly? But the worst part is that the GN'R camp never announced it.

Anyway, doesn't really change anything to be honest, except that BBF was probably the biggest asset of GN'R in live shows. But clearly Ron was never able to push anything forward, just like the rest of the other guys.

The band has been dead ever since 2010 in my point of view. I followed everything, every step, and to me, while the 2009/10 shows were great and an awesome way to promote CD, but after that Axl completely failed to build on the legacy (even though the last shows of Vegas last year were pretty solid, vocal wise).

We're in 2015 and there is still no news of CD II or any new GN'R album. Axl keeps disappearing every now and then, no news, he barely does any interview, and when he does, we don't learn anything important.

It's only logical of Ron to quit. Tbh, I knew he'd quit as early as 2010 when I got the chance to meet him, he appeared annoyed every time with my questions because I was asking him about some songs, the next album, his involvement in the project.. he clearly didn't have any freedom and was just at best a hired gun for live and some tracks arrangements. Nothing more. Pretty lousy when you think of what Ron could have brung with his talent. He should have quit much sooner, for years he was complaining every now and then. He had to quit. It could even put some things into motions and get Axl thinking, but sadly I think it's too late. Had BBF quit after 2010, it could have made a difference in Axl's mind. He has been way too generous and naïve.

I may look pessimistic but Axl should let GN'R to rest. He failed to carry on the project. The albums are all great. There were a lot of awesome shows, among the best of rock n' roll history. Let it go and rest in peace Axl. There is absolutely NO use in continuing these live shows. This line-up is dead without BBF, and Axl has clearly been acting solo for too long. It's like he isn't there anymore.

So either let it die and enjoy your retirement with your money and brazilian family and maybe super hot models...

OR, work out, get in shape again, move your ass, call back the original members, and make a huge fucking album and a worldwide reunion tour. That's the only way it's going to be something of interest to anyone.

I doubt anyone is still interested in attending GN'R shows with Dizzy Reed, Fortus, Ashba and the rest of the members. We don't care anymore about this line-up, it's fucking DEAD.

Option 3: go back to work in the real world and meet the woman of your dreams, and remember GN'R of a life achievement that needs some rest. Don't fuck up the legacy more than you have done in the past 5 years doing basically nothing but tours with poor efforts past-2010 (except the last shows of 2014).

Still love Axl, understand why he acted this way somehow, but man he needs a reality check because he is clearly lost.

• Like 2

Ron has acted pretty poorly over this -- his dramatic tweets, status changes, criptic messages etc etc are only hurting (ironically) his fans that want to see him in GNR. You think axl is loosing any sleep over this? Give me a fuckin break. Go on RON, keep those advertisers/promoters aligning your name next to "GNR's" while you hint (cowardly) artistry abandonment. What a joke. It's just beyond embarrassing at this point. you should have come out and declared you were out or kept your mouth shut while your employers were paying your wages. Next to nobody knew who you were before Axl hooked you a line, I'd have respected your frustrations had they been communicated in a straight forward way but the way YOU have handled this (Axl/GNR have said nothing) is a major let down to your fan base, thankfully, I don't feel let down in the slightest.

• Like 1

Ron has acted pretty poorly over this -- his dramatic tweets, status changes, criptic messages etc etc are only hurting (ironically) his fans that want to see him in GNR. You think axl is loosing any sleep over this? Give me a fuckin break. Go on RON, keep those advertisers/promoters aligning your name next to "GNR's" while you hint (cowardly) artistry abandonment. What a joke. It's just beyond embarrassing at this point. you should have come out and declared you were out or kept your mouth shut while your employers were paying your wages. Next to nobody knew who you were before Axl hooked you a line, I'd have respected your frustrations had they been communicated in a straight forward way but the way YOU have handled this (Axl/GNR have said nothing) is a major let down to your fan base, thankfully, I don't feel let down in the slightest.

OMG what a rant! I'm sure BBF is gonna be very upset when he reads it.

When Bucket left he practically erase his involvement with GNR. Take a quick visit to the bucket forum to see were GNR is.

Like i said in the past, this is good news for GNR. A fresh start for a better lineup for live shows.(maybe finck can return?)

As for new music... pretty sure not this year.

If some of you guys interview or ask the other members (or ask Del on Twitter) word the question carefully, like "how was it working with Bumblefoot" in the past tense and don't ask point blank (like "is he out of GNR").

I asked my Magic 8 Ball, it said "Reply hazy try again", and then it said "Signs point to yes".

They're going to see him again because most of them go to NAMM and he'll probably do session work with some of them.

He's healthy and a few years ago he was saying shit like he wasn't going to make it to 50. He went through hell and back just with his back and all we can do is be happy that he's clear headed and whatever decision he made was also clear-headed.

Bumble has been out of the band for a while now, gnr will only confirm it when they find a replacement

Why do you think they'll need a replacement?

GN'R can live without a fretless guitar ... they don't need to play Shackler's and stuff like that. Richard can do the lead and DJ can do the rhythm and take care about the poses and swag.

So, if a replacement doesn't happen, GNR will never confirm BBF's out. That makes no sense.

• Like 2

Bumble has been out of the band for a while now, gnr will only confirm it when they find a replacement

Why do you think they'll need a replacement?

GN'R can live without a fretless guitar ... they don't need to play Shackler's and stuff like that. Richard can do the lead and DJ can do the rhythm and take care about the poses and swag.

So, if a replacement doesn't happen, GNR will never confirm BBF's out. That makes no sense.

Pitman can always whip out the sub-bass

• Like 2