Alien: New Movie Confirmed with Director Neil Blomkamp

Powerage5

I didn't like Alien Resurrection. I felt very bad for the half breed alien at the end.

The other Alien movies were good as well as the Alien vs Predator movies.

My favorite is Aliens. Plenty of action and it was so fast paced you felt like you were running from the aliens.

This is a complete mess of a franchise that has only had 2 good films. Just reboot this shit

No way man, I hate reboots. Beside their is no reason to, the story they are working on for Alien 5 is going to be awesome, and ignore 3 and Ressurection anyways (which are the only bad films in the series). As far as true space science fiction goes, I'd put the Alien franchise behind only Star Wars and a head of Star Trek. People forget how GREAT the first two Alien films are, they are near Empire Strikes Back good, at least rotten tomatoes thinks so (both films have a 94 and 95% ratings, I believe it's the only franchise that has 2 films that highly rated). Yes 3 was sub par and Resurrection was a disappoint. But the TRUE Alien franchise (just the 4 films, not the spin off stuff) are fantastic imo. If they can accomplish what Terminator Genesys tried and failed to accomplish, I would be real happy. Which given who is involved in Alien 5, I believe they can.

On a side note, when you add in the spin off and side films like Predator, etc, this universe is one of the best in all of cinema. Im excited both Alien 5 and the new Promethius film. This universe has always been intreaging to me.

This is a complete mess of a franchise that has only had 2 good films. Just reboot this shit

I agree with your first sentence but not the second sentence. Just put this moth-eaten franchise out of its misery and end it (and let us all just try and forget everything after Aliens?).

Same with Terminator.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Why can't they reboot Tremors or some movie like that?

or Duel (1971) Re do that then add a bunch of sequels... and in one of the sequels I want the truck to be a Toyota Prius instead of a truck - for my own amusement.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I didn't like Alien Resurrection. I felt very bad for the half breed alien at the end.

The other Alien movies were good as well as the Alien vs Predator movies.

My favorite is Aliens. Plenty of action and it was so fast paced you felt like you were running from the aliens.

lolwut. The AVP films make Resurrection look like Citizen Kane.

• Like 1

No way man, I hate reboots. Beside their is no reason to, the story they are working on for Alien 5 is going to be awesome, and ignore 3 and Ressurection anyways (which are the only bad films in the series). As far as true space science fiction goes, I'd put the Alien franchise behind only Star Wars and a head of Star Trek. People forget how GREAT the first two Alien films are, they are near Empire Strikes Back good, at least rotten tomatoes thinks so (both films have a 94 and 95% ratings, I believe it's the only franchise that has 2 films that highly rated). Yes 3 was sub par and Resurrection was a disappoint. But the TRUE Alien franchise (just the 4 films, not the spin off stuff) are fantastic imo. If they can accomplish what Terminator Genesys tried and failed to accomplish, I would be real happy. Which given who is involved in Alien 5, I believe they can.

On a side note, when you add in the spin off and side films like Predator, etc, this universe is one of the best in all of cinema. Im excited both Alien 5 and the new Promethius film. This universe has always been intreaging to me.

exactly, just ignore 3 and resurrection and we are good to go.

I agree that reboots can be a good thing, but only in series that have TONS of films. You mentioned James Bond, a series like that or Godzilla or Friday the 13th, those are all fine with me for reboots. But Alien really only has 4 films, 2 that were great, 1 that was ok, and 1 that was bad.

I agree that reboots can be a good thing, but only in series that have TONS of films. You mentioned James Bond, a series like that or Godzilla or Friday the 13th, those are all fine with me for reboots. But Alien really only has 4 films, 2 that were great, 1 that was ok, and 1 that was bad.

Don't forget the two AVP films as well as Prometheus and its sequel which is being marketed as part of the Alien franchise even tho it kinda isn't really

Edited by rocknroll41

Those are spin off films that take place within the same universe, yes. So are all 3 predator films, and arguably blade runner. But I don't consider all of them to be part of the Alien franchise, the true franchise is the Ripley and Xenomorph films which, as of today, consist of 4 films. So my statement remains.

You can't call spin off films as part of the franchise because they belong to multiple franchises. Same goes for Freddy vs Jason, it is neither a Nightmare nor a Friday the 13th film. Yes it is part of that universe, but not the franchise. Hybrid, multifranchise films are essentially a franchise whinin themselves, that is why they don't belong to the original franchises. Besides who would claim them? Are the Alien vs Predator films a part of the Alien or Predator franchises?

• Like 1

Those are spin off films that take place within the same universe, yes. So are all 3 predator films, and arguably blade runner. But I don't consider all of them to be part of the Alien franchise, the true franchise is the Ripley and Xenomorph films which, as of today, consist of 4 films. So my statement remains.

You can't call spin off films as part of the franchise because they belong to multiple franchises. Same goes for Freddy vs Jason, it is neither a Nightmare nor a Friday the 13th film. Yes it is part of that universe, but not the franchise. Hybrid, multifranchise films are essentially a franchise whinin themselves, that is why they don't belong to the original franchises. Besides who would claim them? Are the Alien vs Predator films a part of the Alien or Predator franchises?

Theres no ambiguity about Blade Runner - Tyrell Corp is mentioned in (in-universe) special features in the Alien Blu Ray box set. Blade Runner 100% takes place in the same universe.

I like to think of it more like the Tarantino-verse more than anything. It's all taking place in the same universe and that's fairly obvious, but the films work more as a stand-alone and any reference to one another are subtle. Of course the four Alien films are the big difference since those are extremely episodic.

Don't forget the two AVP films as well as Prometheus and its sequel which is being marketed as part of the Alien franchise even tho it kinda isn't really

Yes it is.

I don't think it matters, point is that the AvP movies and Prometheus are part of the series. The AvP movies are especially abyssmal.

Ah well, seems this got canceled anyways. Prometheus 2 is now the new Alien movie. Whatevs

Where are you getting that from? The interview with Biehn says that it's still totally happening...

I don't think it matters, point is that the AvP movies and Prometheus are part of the series. The AvP movies are especially abyssmal.

Ah well, seems this got canceled anyways. Prometheus 2 is now the new Alien movie. Whatevs

The second AVP was embarrassingly bad.

But I kind of enjoyed the first one.

I love Alien, but we don't need three prequels....especially since they're trying to shoehorn an aborted franchise into it (which makes it four loose prequels).

The movie that Alien fans want to see is the Blompkamp one. Ridley had his shot with Prometheus. He couldn't figure out exactly what he wanted to say and he couldn't figure out how much of Alien he wanted to relate to.

I love the idea of an Alien movie with David the android, but we don't need to go ten more years telling that story. The excitement for an "Alien prequel," really left us long ago. They should have stuck to their guns and told the tale right, the first time.

Three Alien prequels, three Avatar sequels...this company makes long-term bad decisions...

• Like 2