Bumblefoot/Guns N’ Roses (New Statement From Ron 02/20)

Current GNR is such a joke, they actually make Classic GNR shitty for me, just by association. :(

I almost feel like this and it is such a shame because they were such a great band.

I at times have felt this way as well. That even for (non die hard fans), the existence of Current GNR makes the Classic Lineups a joke, and the original music isn't taken seriously.

It feels that way, simply because it is that way. nuGn'R is like a a tribute band pretending to be the real deal - one tries desperately to 'believe' but there ain't no soul to it...

Thinking about this more: when BBF joined there was every reason to think that things were on the upswing. Axl sounded and looked great and seemed ready to go; there were all sorts of indications that ChiDem was almost ready to be released, a tour was scheduled...and then the whole thing slowly collapsed like a flan in a cupboard, to quote Eddie Izzard.

Team Brazil are the management Axl wants, we should all know by now Axl does what he wants so what's the point in him having a proper manager like Azoff when he won't go along with anything they want him to do?

Any "normal" manager is going to tell Axl that he needs to get the real band back because it's what everyone (except a few people on forums) wants and will make all parties a shit ton of money...it's a no brainer.

They'd try and make Axl do things that everybody else does, like interviews, appearances and film clips and all that shit- and the guy obviously just isn't interested in any of that.

I really don't believe that if TB put the foot down that they would have any better success than any of the other managers.

That's a fair point. Axl's going to do what he wants to do. He's made it clear that he'd rather eat glass than entertain the idea of even a temporary reunion, and so any manager is going to be working within the framework of trying to promote NuGNR.

I do think that TB could do better with some aspects of their management, though. Booking tours at the last minute and not keeping in touch with band members, for instance. Another manager might be more professional about those sorts of things, and at least have given BBF and the others an email and phone # at the management office that was regularly answered.

I doff my hat to you guys with the BBF story.

I just do not get how a up and coming guitarist, thrust into the limelight by joining one of the biggest bands in rock history, would become so disrespectful at the end of tenure with the band, if that is the case.

It sets a bad precedent for other bands wanting to take on up and coming guitarists.

He was 36 when he joined that's not up and coming that's being in the last chance saloon in terms of getting a shot at mainstream success. Either way I agree with you in principle.

Buckethead wasn't really up and coming and he had already played with Les Claypool, so he did have some of the Primus fans when they were pretty big.

It's just when you read about Bucket getting a distribution deal because Axl pulled strings, and then Bucket bails on GNR before a huge gig, it does come off as being ungrateful. Brain's probably the only one who will talk about it but that put him in a difficult place.

Kid hears Sweet Child on radio. Kid thinks, 'that is a good song, I will check them out on youtube''. Kid brings up Rio 2011...

Was sort of my case ...but I saw the music video before that and when I watched RiR I thought WTF ?! Why is Axl playing with this weird bearded people (Frank & Bumble)

ahh when I now think back I laugh about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by JoGer99

I remember I watched the whole Rio stream in my dorm's lounge. This girl named Kaleela who lived down the hall from me opened the door and walked in during Sorry to use the sink. She just took one look at what I was watching, got this wide-eyed WTF look on her face, and left real quick.

I actually enjoyed the whole stream, granted I'd been drinking and was singing over Axl half the time. Then I opened up a 258 page reaction thread meltdown, that turned into 271 pages like two minutes later, and then I went back and re watched some the next day and said, "Oh holy shit...."

I remember I watched the whole Rio stream in my dorm's lounge. This girl named Kaleela who lived down the hall from me opened the door and walked in during Sorry to use the sink. She just took one look at what I was watching, got this wide-eyed WTF look on her face, and left real quick.

I actually enjoyed the whole stream, granted I'd been drinking and was singing over Axl half the time. Then I opened up a 258 page reaction thread meltdown, that turned into 271 pages like two minutes later, and then I went back and re watched some the next day and said, "Oh holy shit...."

Did Kaleela ever met you after this incident ?

Did Kaleela ever met you after this incident ?

I lived down the hall from her. Co-ed floors....let me tell you what a bad idea that is. And she never liked me in the first place, so no, never really spoke of it again. Don't think she'd even know who GNR were.

I am pretty sure it was around this moment:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Flayer

Kid hears Sweet Child on radio. Kid thinks, 'that is a good song, I will check them out on youtube''. Kid brings up Rio 2011...

Was sort of my case ...but I saw the music video before that and when I watched RiR I thought WTF ?! Why is Axl playing with this weird bearded people (Frank & Bumble)

Had that same moment, back in 2010 I heard on the radio about Guns N' Roses coming to Dublin and thought "Oh, Slash and Axl must have made friends again". Then... I went on Youtube. Then I went on Wikipedia.. :P

Had that same moment, back in 2010 I heard on the radio about Guns N' Roses coming to Dublin and thought "Oh, Slash and Axl must have made friends again". Then... I went on Youtube. Then I went on Wikipedia.. :P

I got into Guns around 2003/4 when I was 12/13 so in the wilderness years and I assumed Axl was one of those musicians who died young as he hadn't seemed to have done anything in years. Then I saw that documentary which finishes with the 2002 VMAs and was shocked/surprised and over the moon to realize he was alive and well and he'd done something recently. I also remember being intrigued by Buckethead and Finck. I properly got into nuGuns around 2006 though as they were touring again so it was big news.

Re RIR 2011 I can relate to that story of watching it at college. I remember being pumped about it, given how awesome the 2010 tour was and got my friends to watch it live telling them how great the last tour was and they'd be won over by Axl and the new lineup. They watched it and thought I was completely and utterly nuts :lol: Watching RIR was so embarrassing!

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 1

Jesus reading these posts makes me feel old.

I saw the old band with Matt on drums before the UYI's came out in Mannheim, Germany in 1991.

When the piano came up through the floor and Axl started playing it so well..people were like "what the fuck???"

That was the first time I heard November Rain and Estranged and they blew me away.

Great times.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 2

People are disappointed and claim the "nuGNR" total failure ... but the truth is the post-classic lineup had some great moments, like in 2006 and 2010.

So, let's hold our breath and keep calm before starting to bash everything that moves around GN'R's name. :shrugs:

Edited by GUNNER PT

People are disappointed and claim the "nuGNR" total failure ... but the truth is the post-classic lineup had some great moments, like in 2006 and 2010.

So, let's hold our breath and keep calm before starting to bash everything that moves around GN'R's name. :shrugs:

Seriously? Bumble out, Tommy drunk, Axl fat and out of breath, TB doing a shit job, DJ is cringe worthy, and no real news, not a fucking thing.

I think admitting the band is not doing well is ok bro.

Won't even include us on the shit with Bumble. Dragging it on for a year. Axl didn't use Bumble and lost him, and we're being kept in the dark. How can you not see this shit? :shrugs:

There is a finished album, Axl considers it to be "done", and we don't even have a fuckin' album title! nvm a release date. 6 years after Chinese was released, the only album released in 23 years by Axl. And 2010 was fuckin' 5 years ago.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

It's not a matter of seeing this shit or not ...

It's a matter of keeping calm or you'll get bald :P

I get that you're joking, but I'm not. It IS a matter of seeing this shit for what it is, and it is a train wreck. Maybe I care more about it then you do is all.

It sucks for me to see the shit go down with Bumble and no new album. I'm a big fan of new Guns and I'm not bald.

Maybe it's something to do with an upcoming album? If Bumble is on it then it'd be bad press if he's "officially really actually" out of the band when it comes out.

Exactly. If there is a contract in place that prevent BBF from doing irreparable damage to the band in case of leaving it, then GN'R lawyers would surely argue that that is what he is doing if he publicly leaves the band just before a new album release. And Axl loves them lawsuits.

I love the idea that anyone can do irreparable damage to this band.

Maybe just maybe they are trying to get duff to replace bumble? And they are waiting to let bumble confirm he's out untill they know they can get duff or any replacement for that matter. If they can't get duff or someone else I bet they compromise with bumble on watever it is he wants and he comes back. I know duff is bass but who cares two bass players fuck it. Or let duff play guitar idk fuck it make duff the third pianist :D. Would just be cool to have him in the band.

Maybe it's something to do with an upcoming album? If Bumble is on it then it'd be bad press if he's "officially really actually" out of the band when it comes out.

Exactly. If there is a contract in place that prevent BBF from doing irreparable damage to the band in case of leaving it, then GN'R lawyers would surely argue that that is what he is doing if he publicly leaves the band just before a new album release. And Axl loves them lawsuits.

I love the idea that anyone can do irreparable damage to this band.

No way, if Axl sued Bumblefoot, the only person who would lose is Axl. Axl suing Bumblefoot would be big news, and the title would be "Axl sues ex-guitarist for quitting" how does that play out in the media, how does that play out with trying to get a new member or keep the existing members feeling secure. Axl I'm sure has no interest whatsoever in pursuing any sort of case against Bumble... that would be even more insane than Axl is capable of. The only possible way that I could imagine anything like that happening is, if Bumble went out of his way to throw GnR under the bus, leaking material and playing unreleased songs for fans etc. even then, that would be a cease and desist letter... and it's very, very unlikely.

Also," just before a new album release" :rofl-lol:

Edited by Tom2112

I doff my hat to you guys with the BBF story.

I just do not get how a up and coming guitarist, thrust into the limelight by joining one of the biggest bands in rock history, would become so disrespectful at the end of tenure with the band, if that is the case.

It sets a bad precedent for other bands wanting to take on up and coming guitarists.

He didn't join one of the biggest bands in rock history. That was long over at the point Ron showed up. Ron quit a job. That's all he did. It can't set a precedent because bands don't operate like this. Singers with backup bands operate like this.

• Like 2

The band has floundered under Team Brazil's manipulation (and now full-time management) to the point that the names Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses have become punchlines to the general public - and that's probably beyond repair. Their mishandling of GnR damages the reputation and legacy of the 'art' Axl is purportedly so focused on.

Yet we're not supposed to blame Team Brazil.

If not now, when?

That's on Axl and no one else. It's Axl that's played the crazed egotistical maniacal manchild who insists that the world treat him like a speshul, speshul snowflake and that no one in his life ever do anything to displease or upset him. That's what has made him and his band a joke.

Honestly, instead of playing Axl-pacifier in the early years, Izzy shoulda just punched him a couple of times. A child whose hand is never slapped will never stop touching the stove.

Even worse, people who weren't around to see that the band was cool once experience GNR entirely through the prism of lolNuGNR.

They were very cool. They were actually transgressive, shocking, a total surprise.

I don't think a band could be any of that today. The 80s were a different time. Today's world is both much more uptight than back then, and also more jaded.

Edited by KinseyHolley