Bumblefoot/Guns N’ Roses (New Statement From Ron 02/20)

I doff my hat to you guys with the BBF story.

I just do not get how a up and coming guitarist, thrust into the limelight by joining one of the biggest bands in rock history, would become so disrespectful at the end of tenure with the band, if that is the case.

It sets a bad precedent for other bands wanting to take on up and coming guitarists.

The name makes no sense, and it's borderline racist, which is why so many thought TB was a derogatory name until hilariously shown otherwise.

No.

Some people (not so many) thought TB was a derogatory name, because some people (don't need to say who) keep making derogatory comments about them.

Wasn't it Fernando or somebody from the GnR camp that said that people were being racist with the use of the TB moniker?

I just do not get how a up and coming guitarist, thrust into the limelight by joining one of the biggest bands in rock history, would become so disrespectful at the end of tenure with the band, if that is the case.

It sets a bad precedent for other bands wanting to take on up and coming guitarists.

Ever taken a job that was completely different than what you agreed to when you started? That's Ron's plight.

Also, are you really saying that Ron should stick with the gig no matter what on the million-to-one chance that another high-profile band looks at this wholly unique situation and says "well, i like guitarist X...but it didn't work out between BBF and Axl so...."?

Further to that point, has *any* musician had it held against them that they wound up not being able to work with Axl Rose?

There's lots of silliness there.

• Like 2

I like Ron, but I'm glad he is not with the band anymore. That was a lot of drama. I think everyone was tired of his cryptic tweets and trying to figure out "is he gone?" "Is he with the band?".

I don't feel for Ron at all. He got to play in front of thousands of fans, he got to tour the world. (That just sounds terrible, right?) he got to play on the same stage as one of the greatest frontmen of all time. He got media attention by being part of GNR. He got paid well. Playing on his own, Ron is lucky to play in front of a 100 people. With Guns he's playing to a MUCH larger crowd.

I get that a musician wants to release new music, and guess what, a lot of these guys have side projects to do just that. Bottom line, Ron wanted to USE GnR to further his career. He never wanted to be there. So while I like Ron, I'm glad he's gone.

• Like 1

The name makes no sense, and it's borderline racist, which is why so many thought TB was a derogatory name until hilariously shown otherwise.

No.

Some people (not so many) thought TB was a derogatory name, because some people (don't need to say who) keep making derogatory comments about them.

I think the company's history has in itself become a derogatory name through proof of inability to do things right.

• Like 2

Who knows where it originated from. Perhaps one of them or Axl joked around one about Beta and her family being "Team Brazil." Considering they're now an official management company, I think it's an appropriate name. The company has to be called something; Team Brazil makes sense to me.

My guess is it originated from the Brazilian National Soccer Team

I don't think this was meant to be funny, but I laughed.

No.

That's ridiculous.

• Like 1

The question, now, is: why the fuck did he left the band?

The real question should be: Why didn't he leave earlier?

If he didn't left before, why is he leaving now?

Let's be reasonable: he got a paycheck; he could play for thousands; he could do his (lol) guitar lessons and all his personal stuff ... no reason to leave.

I remember him complaining about someone in the crew who let the groupies eat his pizza ... it was it?

I am wondering if the bit with the last minute gig scheduling that forced him to cancel his own tour was the final straw. That seemed to happen pretty close in time to the last round of Vegas gigs, and it was at that point that BBF had his countdown clock...

The band has floundered under Team Brazil's manipulation (and now full-time management) to the point that the names Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses have become punchlines to the general public - and that's probably beyond repair. Their mishandling of GnR damages the reputation and legacy of the 'art' Axl is purportedly so focused on.

Yet we're not supposed to blame Team Brazil.

If not now, when?

• Like 1

He was 36 when he joined that's not up and coming that's being in the last chance saloon in terms of getting a shot at mainstream success. Either way I agree with you in principle.

It does not matters for the Management or Axl that who is in the band or not, they will just hire another guitarist on contract, But I feel bad for bumblefoot, he is a person who is making music for the fans and wants to tour, unlike Axl who is sitting at home and ordering from Mcdonalds, Richard and other members are still in the band cause they know whenever the band will tour, they will get their paychecks, they know if they leave the band, they wont be able to earn like how they earn in touring with Axl's band, but I guess for Ron its not about money now, he wants to make music and go out there and play it. When you are in the band, you go in the studio together as a band and make things together, not only one guy controls it, I guess it would be written in their contract that If you talk bad about Axl or good about Slash then you will be fired lol, The sad thing is that these members hardly have any communication between them, Robin was in the band for such a long time, but no member of the band are in contact with him, See Slash, Duff and Izzy they are like the best buddies even though they are not in the same band, I wish all the best to Ron and his new album

Team Brazil are the management Axl wants, we should all know by now Axl does what he wants so what's the point in him having a proper manager like Azoff when he won't go along with anything they want him to do?

Any "normal" manager is going to tell Axl that he needs to get the real band back because it's what everyone (except a few people on forums) wants and will make all parties a shit ton of money...it's a no brainer.

They'd try and make Axl do things that everybody else does, like interviews, appearances and film clips and all that shit- and the guy obviously just isn't interested in any of that.

I really don't believe that if TB put the foot down that they would have any better success than any of the other managers.

Current GNR is such a joke, they actually make Classic GNR shitty for me, just by association. :(

I almost feel like this and it is such a shame because they were such a great band.

I at times have felt this way as well. That even for (non die hard fans), the existence of Current GNR makes the Classic Lineups a joke, and the original music isn't taken seriously.