Plans going forward and forum transparency

downzy

With respect to server costs -- yes, $330/mo. sounds like a lot. It certainly is. But you have to realize that this is a standard Invision hosting package, which is how the forum's always run. Eric paid it back in the day, but he was also generating revenue from the ads on mygnr.com (which Downzy has no ownership or, nor did Subs -- Eric still maintains ownership of that domain name). Invision essentially guarantees support and other stuff as part of the package, so when the forum goes down (as you all are aware happens from time to time), we can open support tickets and they'll respond swiftly. Think of it like paying for car insurance -- you're paying a premium every month for the chance you'll need that support at some point.

However, Downzy thinks -- and I agree with him completely -- at this point it's wiser to look into alternative hosting means.

• Like 1

Can't believe Eric gets hits on that piece of shit website.

Im assuming its essentially a cash cow for him. Barely any cost at all, high up in Google results, ad income per click. And zero effort to put in.

No wonder he didnt sell it. People can rage all they want about it being a shit website. But its not trying to be a good website nor is it meant to be one. Its a cash cow.

Edited by username
  • Like 3

So are you guys working on making something happen?

Yeah, but blame me for the hold up. We've finalized the plans for the most part, but some logistic/business stuff needs to be worked out first before any of it can be put into place.

I'll likely be announcing some of the changes on the new podcast being recorded this weekend by Dan H. I'll then post what we have in store once the podcast has been released.

Stay tuned!

So are you guys working on making something happen?

Yeah, but blame me for the hold up. We've finalized the plans for the most part, but some logistic/business stuff needs to be worked out first before any of it can be put into place.

I'll likely be announcing some of the changes on the new podcast being recorded this weekend by Dan H. I'll then post what we have in store once the podcast has been released.

Stay tuned!

My post was a joke but good to hear. Good luck