Bumblefoot UK Tour

Anyone going to one of these eclectic nights? One night he's playing with Guns 2 Roses, other it's a clinic and night Jam, next it's a gig with support, then

it's a clinic with hot sauce testing...
Obviously doesn't want to do the same thing twice!

I don't play guitar, so the only dates that would interest me are the Newcastle show and the London one....
Thoughts?

The Members of Guns 2 Roses dress up like the old GNR members, wouldnt it be weird for bumblefoot to play with someone who is dressing up/looking like Slash? I guess Ron will play with them on March 6th at The Underworld Camden

For a second, I read "Buckethead", and was excited about it. I couldn't care less about the Foot.

I know it's a topic about bumblefoot but I'd take bucket or finck back instantly

Bucket - yes!

Uk tour by bucket long long overdue.

Amen to that! Hope it happens one day...

Wonder what the profit margin is on these, whether he has enough to be financially comfortable or whether he will miss the GNR paycheques afterwards. I really admire the gall and talent of Bumblefoot, his solo stuff is interesting but I would prefer him being allowed freedom to enhance the band in the studio and stage and be paid handsomely rather than a sub-par replacement, cause even if Axl finds someone decent, it'll take them about 4 years to reach the level of influence and stable bedrock that he reached after Bucket went.

Wonder what the profit margin is on these, whether he has enough to be financially comfortable or whether he will miss the GNR paycheques afterwards. I really admire the gall and talent of Bumblefoot, his solo stuff is interesting but I would prefer him being allowed freedom to enhance the band in the studio and stage and be paid handsomely rather than a sub-par replacement, cause even if Axl finds someone decent, it'll take them about 4 years to reach the level of influence and stable bedrock that he reached after Bucket went.

True, it took bumble a long time to find his footing in GnR, I would say that happened on the proper CD tour in 2010. Building a whole new member in GnR, I'm not that interested really (unless they're hiring :D;) ), I like Bumble, he's a great singer and guitar player and he actually made an effort with fans. I'm sure who ever replaces him will do the job, but there's always that seed of doubt... I mean, the same band hired Dj so... we should prepare for the worst! secretly however hoping that Bumble comes around, asks for his position back, and moves forward with the circus that is GnR.

Edited by Tom2112

True, it took bumble a long time to find his footing in GnR, I would say that happened on the proper CD tour in 2010. Building a whole new member in GnR, I'm not that interested really (unless they're hiring :D;) ), I like Bumble, he's a great singer and guitar player and he actually made an effort with fans. I'm sure who ever replaces him will do the job, but there's always that seed of doubt... I mean, the same band hired Dj so... we should prepare for the worst! secretly however hoping that Bumble comes around, asks for his position back, and moves forward with the circus that is GnR.

BBF was finally warming up after paying his dues, had a shit ton of enthusiasm and ideas and interaction with the fans, then his accident and the slow realization Axl isn't playing ball (tho can't be that surprising with his track record) then the hiring of Ashba and recycled going thru the motions touring... I just feel sad he's gone from there to here but change will do him good, it won't really do GNR good on a comparative scale imo.

• Like 1

Axl is an arse. No credible musician worth their salt should work with him. It is that simple.

The paycheck, the chance to tour all over the world, and be in a band with Axl are things that a lot of guitar players will still consider.

Now that Axl hired Ashba, I'm hoping he won't just hire another talentless hack, but now that Bumble is out, he'll probably look for another shred type guitarist. How many known shredders are out there, that can write decent songs and fit Gn'R? I don't know. Maybe they don't have to be songwriters cause Axl won't do anything with them anyway besides touring.

Will he consider hiring an unknown guy? I doubt it.

Edited by Rovim

Axl is an arse. No credible musician worth their salt should work with him. It is that simple.

The paycheck, the chance to tour all over the world, and be in a band with Axl are things that a lot of guitar players will still consider.

Now that Axl hired Ashba, I'm hoping he won't just hire another talentless hack, but now that Bumble is out, he'll probably look for another shred type guitarist. How many known shredders are out there, that can right decent songs and fit Gn'R? I don't know. Maybe they don't have to be songwriters cause Axl won't do anything with them anyway besides touring.

Will he consider hiring an unknown guy? I doubt it.

Yeah, at the end of the day the paycheck is enough of an incentive for someone to stick around for a few years. I imagine the band members now have a nice financial safety net they didn't have before being in Guns. Plus, whilst being in nuGuns isn't a huge profile raiser as tons of people still couldn't name the band members it's still a way of getting yourself out there. By getting into NuGuns I also got into Tommy's solo stuff and The Replacements, Bucket and Ron's stuff which probably wouldn't have happened without the GN'R connection.

One thing's for sure I can't see anyone 'known' being in the band now. They don't need the exposure and there's no chance to be creative outside of maybe a few overdubs on the old stuff here and there. The thing is I don't think Axl will have an issue finding a replacement. I imagine there are enough kids in their 20s who can play great guitar that are starting out that would kill to be in Guns as it would pay well and get their name out there a bit. Great guitar players are a dime a dozen, hell just look on YouTube. Now people who are great musicians who are also great creative and innovative composers are another matter. The case in point being I still haven't come across a virtuoso guitar player who can compose stuff as well as Bucket. The thing is at this stage in the game all you need is someone who can hit the notes. There's supposedly a backlog of two albums from the Bucket/Finck days so I don't think being creative is a prerequisite at this point. The thing is though, I can't see Ron's replacement sticking around for long. With no new material the door of lead guitarists will continue to revolve.

Edited by BassistSeb

He's doing a lot of random thngs, guitar conventions, guitar lessons, often with shows in the evening...You can see them all detailed on the left pane of his website....
bumblefoot.com
Anyone gonna go catch him? I would of gone to the Edinburgh date, however, I'm otherwise engaged!
For what it's worth, I've been enjoying "little brother is watching"