Bumblefoot UK Tour

So BBF is essentially out of GNR yet he's playing with a GNR cover band? Guy complains about not being about to do solo tours because of GNR yet he plays with a GNR cover band, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

And these are guys he considers friends, he just wants to go out and have some fun playing with these guys. Are you seriously suggesting he can't do this because they happen to be a GNR tribute band?

• Like 1

So BBF is essentially out of GNR yet he's playing with a GNR cover band? Guy complains about not being about to do solo tours because of GNR yet he plays with a GNR cover band, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

And these are guys he considers friends, he just wants to go out and have some fun playing with these guys. Are you seriously suggesting he can't do this because they happen to be a GNR tribute band?

Well, after his constant whining about being in GNR is a pain in the ass and he want to focus on his solo material, then the logical answer is yes

• Like 1

I don't think it was the songs he had problems with.. he even got to play one of his own tracks on the GNR tours. Its probably late shows whilst being in arenas for 7 hours before Axl goes on stage and lack off interest from the band putting out new material.

He is a creative persoN in a band...who dont want to create music.

• Like 1

BBF is a musician who enjoys playing music. The dude just did an event where he sat on a stool and talked to the crowd, answered questions from the audience. Then he JAMMED with complete unknown bands. Can you imagine Axl doing that?

BBF wanted to create music WITH Axl and the rest of GnR. He put in 8 years with the band and never got to do that. That's QUITE different than the scenario you are presenting.

No offense, but your statement doesn't he really make sense. It's literally like comparing apples and oranges. You've somehow compared two things that have nothing to do with each other.

Ron would still be in GnR today if the band had released a couple albums during his tenure, he'd gotten a chance to write with Axl, and if they varied their set-list up during the tours. That's a pretty different scenario than what you are trying to paint. Imo.

• Like 1

of course Im not suggesting he can't preform with Guns 2 Roses. I just find it odd that BBF has made negative comments about his time in GNR and has tried to make a point that he had a career before GNR, and distance himself from GNR but he goes out and plays with a cover band... just seems counterproductive if you ask me

BBF is a musician who enjoys playing music. The dude just did an event where he sat on a stool and talked to the crowd, answered questions from the audience. Then he JAMMED with complete unknown bands. Can you imagine Axl doing that?

BBF wanted to create music WITH Axl and the rest of GnR. He put in 8 years with the band and never got to do that. That's QUITE different than the scenario you are presenting.

No offense, but your statement doesn't he really make sense. It's literally like comparing apples and oranges. You've somehow compared two things that have nothing to do with each other.

Ron would still be in GnR today if the band had released a couple albums during his tenure, he'd gotten a chance to write with Axl, and if they varied their set-list up during the tours. That's a pretty different scenario than what you are trying to paint. Imo.

I don't think its apples to oranges because Ron has been trying to distance himself from GRN, so by playing with a cover band that seems very counterproductive is all I'm saying. He's been complaining that he didn't have time to do "his" stuff and when he does have that time he plays covers? and yes I know a few songs of his own, which he got to do on tour with the REAL GNR.

To address whether BBF could still be in GNR had all those things happened that you mentioned... Axl had a lot of music already recorded prior to BBF, right? Maybe Axl didn't like BBF's music he submitted? Hasn't BBF mentioned in the past that he's put parts down on some unreleased songs? So basically because Axl/ GNR didn't sit down and write full songs with BBF, he's not longer in the band? He knew what he was getting into when he joined

apples and oranges? if he fucked off from GNR (for his LEGITIMATE reasons, i totally understand him) and stated numerous times that he wanted to focus on his solo careeer (without GNR) then why the fuck he plays GNR songs at his solo gigs? why the fuck plays with GNR coverbands?

This is a legitimate question

apples and oranges? if he fucked off from GNR (for his LEGITIMATE reasons, i totally understand him) and stated numerous times that he wanted to focus on his solo careeer (without GNR) then why the fuck he plays GNR songs at his solo gigs? why the fuck plays with GNR coverbands?

This is a legitimate question

Because that's not at all what he said. He complained that GNR never released music yet nearly every time he went to tour solo he had to cancel or rearrange because Guns suddenly wanted to play the same old setlist at a venue they'd already played 4 times over 3 years without giving him any notice and making him feel like a dick to his fans. It's that simple.

• Like 1

Did he play in a GnR covers band? I didn't see that. Is there a video?

I didn't see the solo gig. How many GnR songs did he play? Does he sing them or is there another singer involved?

Mr Softie and I answered your questions in our last two posts.

BBF would still be in GnR if - during his 8 years in the band - he had been able to write and record original material with GnR. That's a pretty reasonable request.

He didn't like the long delays between albums.

He didn't like the constant touring that never featured new songs.

He basically thought that fans willing to pay $150 to come see GnR deserved more than just a nostalgia show.

And it appears he never got over having to play while injured, and having to cancel his own shows on short notice when GnR summoned him. IE - he decided the money wasn't worth being a paid member of a band.....so be left.

Oh, and he wasn't constantly whining about it either. He did a few interviews and voiced his complaints. Lol, somebody in another topic said that Eddie Trunk "repeatedly" talked about a GnR reunion. When pressed for details he said the actual number was TWO times. GnR fans tend to exaggerate when making statements like "constantly."

The guy did his time with GnR. He stuck around for almost a decade. Will he ever play to crowds like he did in GnR? Probably not. But you can't blame the guy for getting tired of just being a hired gun. I respect him for giving up the cash so he could do his own thing.

• Like 2