Led Zeppelin

dalsh327

I know Zeppelin, and Page, release/rerelease/remaster/remix stuff all the time. I have listened to almost none of it. I have the studio albums, HWWW, BBC Sessions, and SRTS, am I really missing out on a lot?

Not really. The only reason I'm double dipping is because my old copies are completely toast.

I know Zeppelin, and Page, release/rerelease/remaster/remix stuff all the time. I have listened to almost none of it. I have the studio albums, HWWW, BBC Sessions, and SRTS, am I really missing out on a lot?

No. The remasters sound great but Zep's music has always sounded great. Jimmy is just a massive audiophile

These reissues were always about what was being sold on Amazon and iTunes as well as putting the emerging 24 bit downloads out there. I really doubt he was expecting to ever have to do a reissue campaign, but this goes back to his huge disdain towards MP3. The Conversations are taking the place of touring when he has no idea if and when he'll be working on new music.

Some people think that he has no plans to put anything else live out, but he's said "no" and "I don't know" in different interviews. I think that the live stuff that is out there should be passed on to Jason to deal with.

Some people think that he has no plans to put anything else live out, but he's said "no" and "I don't know" in different interviews. I think that the live stuff that is out there should be passed on to Jason to deal with.

That's probably what'll end up happening. None of these guys is getting any younger.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of live albums, I'd really love to see How The West Was Won get a vinyl release someday.

I thought it did! I swear a friend of mine back in Denmark had it. A nefarious bootleg perhaps?

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's ever been pressed. I'd take a quality bootleg of it though!

Ugh, do I even want to listen to this?

All of the "new takes" he and Page did in the 90's were mostly not as good as the original arrangements. Some were just weird and outright bad (Black Dog).

At least they were musically interesting. Page saw to that. But Plant on his own just makes pointless neutered limp jams out of what once was the heaviest music on earth.

All of the "new takes" he and Page did in the 90's were mostly not as good as the original arrangements. Some were just weird and outright bad (Black Dog).

At least they were musically interesting. Page saw to that. But Plant on his own just makes pointless neutered limp jams out of what once was the heaviest music on earth.

It is not to my taste but I don't have an issue with Plant trying different ways to present the old music.

It is not to my taste but I don't have an issue with Plant trying different ways to present the old music.

I sure as hell do. The issue for me is that the results are often pretty unfocused and underwhelming, you can almost bank on it when someone says Plant did a new version of _________ old Zep song.

Edited by moreblack

• 5 weeks later...

Haha, I actually prefer the Unledded stuff over the originals :P

• Like 2

Haha, I actually prefer the Unledded stuff over the originals :P

It made for a good TV special but they probably should have put a follow up Plant/Page live album & DVD out from the tours.

What do you think of Plant's solo work?

What do you think of Plant's solo work?

I like some songs. But beyond that it doesn't really do anything for me.