Led Zeppelin

dalsh327

Trampled Under Foot has one huge stomping groove, I remember the insane duel of Page's guitar and Plant's shrieking on How Many More Times, the soaring, desperate ending of Stairway, the chilled soak of No Quarter... these are some of my many Zepp highlights.

I'm surprised Page hasn't done an "official bootleg" of this one because it was the "must own" at one point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03VGRVLDHUc&ab_channel=Bonsai1510

(he didn't post part 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBvgMLiH9w4&ab_channel=Bonsai1510

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-cvgVcfVWk

They did a bunch of shows around New York when Physical Graffiti came out, or was the album even out yet? I don't remember what the case was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5bwVMItDRo

Either Jimmy had these tapes stolen from him or they were..."stolen" and had someone "leak" them.

Edited by dalsh327

By what's posted in that link, it appears to just be disc 2 of the Led Zeppelin DVD (with a little bit of Royal Albert from disc 1). Nothing new by the looks of it.

Ahhhhhhh, good call. I knew it sounded familiar, but couldn't place it. I bet you're right though.

Sorry for the false alarm.

By what's posted in that link, it appears to just be disc 2 of the Led Zeppelin DVD (with a little bit of Royal Albert from disc 1). Nothing new by the looks of it.

Ahhhhhhh, good call. I knew it sounded familiar, but couldn't place it. I bet you're right though.

Sorry for the false alarm.

No need to apologize! Always good news to hear they're showing Zeppelin in a theater. Fathom events are very well done so good to spread the word about this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
July 31st

Presence

1 Two Ones Are Won (Achilles Last Stand – Reference Mix)

2 For Your Life (Reference Mix)

3 10 Ribs & All/Carrot Pod Pod (Pod) (Reference Mix)

4 Royal Orleans (Reference Mix)

5 Hots on for Nowhere (Reference Mix)

In Through the Out Door

1 In the Evening (Rough Mix)

2 Southbound Piano (South Bound Saurez – Rough Mix)

3 Fool in the Rain (Rough Mix)

4 Hot Dog (Rough Mix)

5 The Epic (Carouselambra – Rough Mix)

6 The Hook (All My Love – Rough Mix)

7 Blot (I’m Gonna Crawl – Rough Mix)

Coda

Disc One

1 We’re Gonna Groove (Alternate Mix)

2 If It Keeps on Raining (When the Levee Breaks – Rough Mix)

3 Bonzo’s Montreux (Mix Construction In Progress)

4 Baby Come on Home

5 Sugar Mama (Mix)

6 Poor Tom (Instrumental Mix)

7 Travelling Riverside Blues (BBC Session)

8 Hey, Hey, What Can I Do

Disc Two

1 Four Hands (Four Sticks - Bombay Orchestra)

2 Friends (Bombay Orchestra)

3 St Tristan’s Sword (Rough Mix)

4 Desire (The Wanton Song – Rough Mix)

5 Bring It on Home (Rough Mix)

6 Walter’s Walk (Rough Mix)

7 Everybody Makes It Through (In the Light – Rough Mix)
  • Like 1

July 31st
Presence
1 Two Ones Are Won (Achilles Last Stand – Reference Mix)
2 For Your Life (Reference Mix)
3 10 Ribs & All/Carrot Pod Pod (Pod) (Reference Mix)
4 Royal Orleans (Reference Mix)
5 Hots on for Nowhere (Reference Mix)
In Through the Out Door
1 In the Evening (Rough Mix)
2 Southbound Piano (South Bound Saurez – Rough Mix)
3 Fool in the Rain (Rough Mix)
4 Hot Dog (Rough Mix)
5 The Epic (Carouselambra – Rough Mix)
6 The Hook (All My Love – Rough Mix)
7 Blot (I’m Gonna Crawl – Rough Mix)
Coda
Disc One
1 We’re Gonna Groove (Alternate Mix)
2 If It Keeps on Raining (When the Levee Breaks – Rough Mix)
3 Bonzo’s Montreux (Mix Construction In Progress)
4 Baby Come on Home
5 Sugar Mama (Mix)
6 Poor Tom (Instrumental Mix)
7 Travelling Riverside Blues (BBC Session)
8 Hey, Hey, What Can I Do
Disc Two
1 Four Hands (Four Sticks - Bombay Orchestra)
2 Friends (Bombay Orchestra)
3 St Tristan’s Sword (Rough Mix)
4 Desire (The Wanton Song – Rough Mix)
5 Bring It on Home (Rough Mix)
6 Walter’s Walk (Rough Mix)
7 Everybody Makes It Through (In the Light – Rough Mix)

Fuck, no As Long As I Have You

What is a reference mix? This sounds like it could be super disappointing again.

EDIT- Three "new" songs, though, that's cool

Edited by ZoSoRose

Dig up a (very) little more info on the last 3:

The formats are now familiar, with each album coming in a top-of-the-rangeSuper Deluxe Edition box set which contains deluxe vinyl, deluxe CDs,

hi-res download, hardback book and print. Both vinyl and CDs come asindividual two-disc deluxe editions with the exception of Coda which contains

TWO discs of companion audio and is therefore 3CD and 3LP.

1976’s Presence deluxe has five unreleased reference mixes from the sessions, which include alternate incarnations of For Your Life, Achilles Last

Stand and Royal Orleans. In Through the Out Door (1979) is more generous, and includes an alternate version of every track on the album while,

1982’s Coda goes one better with its two companion discs. The bucking of the trend continues, because the 15 bonus tracks zip back to the early

years, and were recorded between 1968 and 1974.

And there we go folks. The end of what was a pretty uneventful and uninteresting remastered series. Sad to see how little was actually released that was different that what we had. As I've said about the other releases, if you like "rough mixes" and "references tracks" (as they're calling them on these last batches), I guess thats cool, but I really couldn't care less about them. I'd want unreleased material. Even jams would be cooler than these songs have extremely minor differences from the official versions we know and love.

Basically the way I see it, from all the remasters, is we got maybe one CD length of interesting (I won't even go as far to call it 'cool') alternate takes, and then the Coda remaster, which while also pretty skimpy is at least a CD and a half of material thats trying to be different. Sorry, but I'm very disappointed by what they offered. The remasters sound excellent, and they did a wonderful job with that. But IMO they delivered nothing in terms of what they promised of unreleased material, at least ones that weren't alternate takes. I don't follow deep Zeppelin stuff very closely, so I'd say from this you'd think there was nothing left for them to release. But apparently according to aficionados, there's a lot we don't have. I have no idea, but if thats the case then they really dropped the ball on these. If there wasn't anything else, I'd be much less annoyed, but not really because the fact that we only got ONE live concert out of 10 albums is insane to me.

• Like 1

Some of the stuff was great like the first companion disc, keys to the highway/trouble in mind, la la, Jennings farm blues, etc but most of it has been a terrible let down. Instrumental tracks that are the same, tracks with MINOR differences, etc

A shame