Has anyone ever been to Axl's house?

"Cancer supporter" :P

I think one thing we're overlooking here is the fact that, as he's born on July 23rd, Slash is right on the end of the Cancer/Leo cusp. Therefore technically, Slash is a Cancer. We know Axl's into all sorts of mystical shit. All this time we thought he was being vindictive, there's a very real possibility that he just wanted to work out Slash's astrological chart.

;)

I know!

I remember telling a friend of mine when I heard Axl call him a cancer, "Wouldn't it be funny if he actually was?" And lo and behold, he is.

If I ever was in the neighbourhood and if I knew where he lived, I would certainly drive up there and see the outside of his house. I don't think that's creepy at all. I wouldn't get out binoculars to try and spy on him or anything, I wouldn't be invading his privacy. It would just be cool to see his house.

But since it's highly unlikely I will ever be in the neighbourhood and I don't know where he lives, chances are I'll never see it.

Creepy would be to stand outside and play November Rain or try to ring his doorbell.

I did this no more than 2 months ago with my wife, she's not a GNR fan at all but we went to LA and went to Malibu. You can drive up the hill, there are one or two places where you can park your car and take some picture of the ocean, the views are awesome. The houses are insane and it makes a nice drive.

We didn't park or try to get into Axls house but you can see it from the outside, if you are a big fan, its kind of cool to drive the same street as the Estranged video.

If you are in Malibu, go to Matador Beach.

Biking through 2 lane canyon roads where the rich and famous live is dangerous, I went up with a bike group a couple of times that started and finished at Pepperdine and I'm pretty sure we were on that road, but I'm sure anyone who's driven through there knows that's not a road you take your eyes off the road for a second!! People think Malibu is right up the road from LA (my aunt thought it was and she came close to missing her flight). Better off hanging out in Santa Barbara.

Edited by dalsh327

Biking through 2 lane canyon roads where the rich and famous live is dangerous, I went up with a bike group a couple of times that started and finished at Pepperdine and I'm pretty sure we were on that road, but I'm sure anyone who's driven through there knows that's not a road you take your eyes off the road for a second!! People think Malibu is right up the road from LA (my aunt thought it was and she came close to missing her flight). Better off hanging out in Santa Barbara.

very good info...i've got a friend who lives in Malibu, its quite the place

If you are over the age of 15, then that is just friggin creepy as can be.

Why in the world would you want to see the outside of somebody's house?

I almost did but went to Venice Beach and got leathered instead. :lol:

Biking through 2 lane canyon roads where the rich and famous live is dangerous.

Yeah, Vince Neil and Bruce Jenner could be out for an afternoon drive. :lol: Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2

very good info...i've got a friend who lives in Malibu, its quite the place

I used to have to go to Oxnard for work-related reasons, if I was staying in the area for a weekend, I'd stay at Oxnard but tried to go to Santa Barbara, depending on how much extra money I had. Malibu is okay but I don't remember there being much except the university, the farmer's market and some restaurants.

It's a great place to go canyon hiking, but I never got to do it.

http://www.hikespeak.com/trails/mash-hike-malibu-creek-state-park/

http://www.hikespeak.com/los-angeles/santa-monica-mountains/

There's also a bunch of old western movies that were filmed at different canyon locations around LA and Malibu. Spahn Ranch is infamous because of Charles Manson, but it was still a part of movie history.

I understand doing it to see the place where the Estranged video was filmed. As a fan of movies in general and as some one who lives in NYC, I have gone out of my way to see filming locations plenty of times. I live right near where they filmed Flight of the Conchords on HBO and I still to this day walk by Dave's store and the New Zealand consulate on my way to the subway to take to work. It still never gets old to me!

BUT if you're going there to hang out outside the gate of Axl Rose's house to just stare and see if he comes outside then wow that is insane. Leave him alone. I have a few 'celebrity' neighbors (NOT A-list) and sometimes people are hoping to catch a glimpse of them. Its.... weird. After last year's Academy Awards when 'Her' was nominated for a bunch of stuff there were people hanging around Spike Jonze's place when he was back in the city for a bit. Does not make sense to me at all.

Edited by WAR41

I understand doing it to see the place where the Estranged video was filmed. As a fan of movies in general and as some one who lives in NYC, I have gone out of my way to see filming locations plenty of times. I live right near where they filmed Flight of the Conchords on HBO and I still to this day walk by Dave's store and the New Zealand consulate on my way to the subway to take to work. It still never gets old to me!

BUT if you're going there to hang out outside the gate of Axl Rose's house to just stare and see if he comes outside then wow that is insane. Leave him alone. I have a few 'celebrity' neighbors (NOT A-list) and sometimes people are hoping to catch a glimpse of them. Its.... weird. After last year's Academy Awards when 'Her' was nominated for a bunch of stuff there were people hanging around Spike Jonze's place when he was back in the city for a bit. Does not make sense to me at all.

I think Axl would have moved by now if there were a lot of people harassing him at his home. Beta probably treated the fans better than she treated "old friends" who stopped by and that works better than threatening them, coming off like a dick and having rumors spread about how bad they are to fans.

It's been 20-something years since he's been living there, he put the house in the video, and pretty much everyone knows where it's at. It's like saying "stay away from Neverland Ranch" when Michael lived there. They just accept that they'll occasionally get a fan show up, maybe leave something, try to say hi, then leave. Then you have the people who won't leave. But the cops are always up and down those roads. They KNOW when someone's car doesn't belong. Trust me.

Edited by dalsh327

I made a pilgrimage to Axl's house several years ago.It was very steep and I was seriously regretting my decision. I heard an engine rev and was passed by a million dollar sports car. I was so startled I almost flipped him off. My bro who was driving saw his face.That would have been funny if I did flip him off! I was like who is this asshole and then I'm like OMG it's Axl!

Edited by Little EMO Annie