AXL ROSE Is 'The Guy You Call If You Make A Mistake And Need To Be Bailed Out At 4 O'Clock In The Morning'

Del James, a close friend of GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose who also works as the band's road manager, says that Rose is not nearly as hard to deal with as he is portrayed in the media.

During an appearance earlier tonight on "At The Fights", a boxing talk show on SiriusXM, James spoke about his relationship with Axl. He said: "I've been down with [Rose] since 1985. If the guy was as difficult as people say he is, no one could have stuck it out that long. There's no amount of money worth that big of a headache. And the reality is, the truth of the matter is, whenever my kids needed something and I couldn't afford it — whatever it was; a medical bill or whatever — he was the first one [to say] 'Yeah, I got it. And don't worry about it.' He is the guy who you call if you make a mistake and need to be bailed out at 4 o'clock in the morning. He makes sure you're taken care of, and he looks after his better than anyone else I can think of."

"At The Fights" with Randy "Commish" Gordon and "Gentleman" Gerry Cooney airs Mondays and Fridays 6-8 p.m. EST on SiriusXM Sports Zone channel 92 at the SiriusXM app.

Del's short story about a woman who kills herself was reportedly the inspiration for the GUNS N' ROSES video for the song "November Rain".

The last GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy", came out in 2008 and ended a 17-year gap between collections of all-new material.

Rose, guitarist D.J. Ashba and other members of the current lineup have hinted at material recorded during the "Chinese Democracy" sessions that has yet to surface.

Rose is the only original member of GUNS N' ROSES still in the current lineup, which has toured intermittently since 2006 and played its second Las Vegas residency last year.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-is-the-guy-you-call-if-you-make-a-mistake-and-need-to-be-bailed-out-at-4-oclock-in-the-morning/#jJ4qw4ccgiulB17l.99

That's cool of Axl. Legit. But I have a hard time hearing Del tell stories like that because he seems to hate Slash & Duff for not bailing him out when he fucked up and did stupid things. Plus his attitude towards fans expressed on Eddie Bravo's podcast just makes the guy supremely unlikeable to me.

• Like 4

Axl paid Del's bills, so therefore Axl is the greatest guy.

Slash and Duff didn't pay Del's bills, so therefore Slash and Duff are pieces of shit and their contributions to GNR should be minimized to the extreme.

Hey, I just realized that I didn't donate to the "Del Charity Fund" this year. Does that make me a piece of shit just like Slash and Duff?

Nope, only trolling makes you a piece of shit

That being said Del is a yes man for 30 years now? lol

Edited by Motivation

Why is Del interviewed to talk about Axl? This hasn't happened since the Rip Magazine times.

Why all of a sudden this interest to reveal how Axl really is? Looks pretty similar to what Kid Rock said last week. What's going on?

I feel like new album (or some other shit) is just around the corner.

Why is Del interviewed to talk about Axl? This hasn't happened since the Rip Magazine times.

Why all of a sudden this interest to reveal how Axl really is? Looks pretty similar to what Kid Rock said last week. What's going on?

I feel like new album (or some other shit) is just around the corner.

You hypothesis in the parenthesis is closer to the truth. Those endless MacDonald's lunches do not simply disappear into a vacuum after all. They have to be released in some form?

So he says if Axl was as hard to deal with as he's portrayed that nor he or anybody could have stuck it out since 1985 and no amount of money would be worth that kind of headache yet the very first thing he says to prove his point is that when he's short on cash Axl bails him out. I'm sure there's a friendship there no doubt but how do you take a guy seriously who says it's not about the money and follows that up by saying Axl paid his bills. Get real. He's a yes man plain and simple. How come so many others have bailed out when they had way more money to gain from a relationship with Axl than Del does. There's more evidence to suggest Axl is extremely difficult to work with than evidence that suggests he's not. What? Axl pays Del's bills and we're all supposed to ignore the last 25 years of GnR History? GIVE. ME. A. BREAK

:rolleyes:

• Like 3

What was the full interview about? I figure they had him on wanting him to talk a little bit about Axl but it's a boxing show, Carolla and Rogan talk about boxing and wrestling, all he has to do is bring Axl to the interview and talk about road stories and sports for a few hours.

Why are we debating what Del says? Who cares what Del says!

Thing is why is he talking about Axl now. What is the context for him to bring this stuff of working with Axl? Is he responding to some shit someone else said?

This makes no sense at all... Unless...

In some ways I regret joining the GNR online community because I wish I didn't half the stuff about the soap opera that I do.

I could do without knowing who Beta and Fernando etc are( no offense to them meant, really)

The music and musicians and how they wrote, recorded and performed is a genuine interest and a bit of their background, personal life and antics goes along with that but I think it's kind of sad when the entourage become celebrities too.

I'm a huge Ozzy/Sabbath fan too, but I wish I didn't know who Sharon, Kelly and Jack Osbourne are either.

• Like 2

Ok ... Let's all bash Del James because he said something kind of nice about Axl.

Nah, let's praise Del James because, even though he's known for talking shit since the beginning of his career, he said something nice about Axl.

^_^

hqdefault.jpg

"Axl Rose is the nicest guy I've ever met, I'd say on a scale of 1-10 he is a 12. I don't think it is an exaggeration to say he's probably nicer than even Jesus. This has nothing to do with the huge amounts of money he throws at me, that's just more evidence of how nice he is. All those people who left GNR - Slash, Duff, Izzy etc they're all wealthy themselves so they had no need for Axls money and therefore missed out on how nice he is." - Comical Del

• Like 4

It seems to be always about money. Imo friends and money don't go together. I couldn't imagine depending financially on my friends or vice versa. Money corrupts friendship imo, or at least, I'd feel that way, not knowing if they needed me for who I am or for my money.

But I guess when you (and your family) are living off your friend's money for 30 years, your views change and you think it's normal.

• Like 1

It seems to be always about money. Imo friends and money don't go together. I couldn't imagine depending financially on my friends or vice versa. Money corrupts friendship imo, or at least, I'd feel that way, not knowing if they needed me for who I am or for my money.

But I guess when you (and your family) are living off your friend's money for 30 years, your views change and you think it's normal.

Money talks....always has, always will. :shrugs:

Even true disbelievers must admit that something is going on...too much Axl in the last days.

Why are everyone mentioning him?

Why are all of them saying he's good, nice, true friend,...?

They are trying to get a nice picture of him in public. Why?

In my wildest dreams (but I don't believe it at all), he will join Slash and it would be his statement as forgiving person, giving his hand of reconciliation.

Is it possible? Is he that kind of person?

It would be much more than 'just' getting back together ad GNR.

I don't think he is mature enough for that kind of humble move. He seems like a guy expecting everyone else to crawl back to him with mouth full of apologies.

Much more real dream is new album which I'm afraid of :D

Edited by Kater

Bands aren't like any other business, but some things about being in a band can be applied to a business.

The problem in something like this is that you're not their equal but you're also indispensable. So if he got fired, he can count on a follow up call saying he had his job back, or he'd just show up as if nothing happened.