Chasing Yesterday - Noel Gallagher

Len Cnut

Can't find the other fuckin' Noely G thread so i made another. Popped down to HMV and picked this up today, ain't had a listen yet, has anyone else? Seemed a fair few people were stoked for this release and now it's out there I've not heard no mention of it.

How are rehearsals going? Are you excited to tour this album?

Of course. It's the yin to the album's yang, isn't it? Who would want to be Brian Wilson, sitting in a studio in a nappy, eating a fucking carrot with your little fat feet in a sandpit, not going on tour? Fuck that.

:lol:

Got to love Noel, he always speaks his mind. :lol:

I listened to the new album once. The single, which I think is the last song on the album, is great. Can't say anything else on it caught me the same way but it was only the first listen.

Got to love Noel, he always speaks his mind. :lol:

I listened to the new album once. The single, which I think is the last song on the album, is great. Can't say anything else on it caught me the same way but it was only the first listen.

Heard the first song, not bad, i like it so far :)

Had to laugh at Noel's comments on Kanye West :lol:

I read on the papers that he got on stage at the Grammys and said to Beck, 'You should respect artistry and give Beyonce that award.'

That **** needs to look up the description of the word 'artistry'. If Beck, the player of 14 instruments is not an artist then fuck me.

Kanye's a fucking dumbass.

Somebody needs to buy that dumbass a dictionary so he can look up the word ‘artistry,'

Beck can play the banjo, for fuck’s sake. Nobody plays the banjo! Get him a dictionary from me, I’ll fuckin’ sign it and give it to him so he can look it up.

His interview with Zane Lowe a couple of years ago was fucking priceless, but he does have this thing where he thinks he runs the music business.

I liked the look of [his Brits performance]. I think it's best listened to with the sound down, though.

Y'know what? I'm really liking this. I didn't follow this album, weren't hanging on its release and catching snippets of fuckin'...like...song clips and i think my appreciation of it has benefitted. Heard about half of it and y'know what, it's ALL fuckin' stellar tracks. Been so long since i heard a good album...a good new album. In fact i know what it was, it was Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds 3 years ago. It's really good, i like it. It's not the next Sgt Peppers but it's a good solid decent album so far and I've not heard one of those for ages and ages.

Two of em! :lol: In fact, every single one he's had with Oasis and High Flying Birds i bought actually. Not even my most favourite artist or among any kind of top ten of mine so i don't know why exactly...did though. Often are long periods of not even listening to them, as was the case with Heathen Chemistry. But the last three, last Oasis album and the two High Flying Birds ones i got the day they came out. Even paid to see Noel Gallagher in concert.

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/82819

I really wanna hear that album now!

Interesting. At least for me, the album he did release was cool at the time. I feel like he lacked balls and instead went with a more traditional approach, but it was still very Noel.

His latest release is even better in many ways for me. I really like both, but seems like a missed chance with that unreleased record. I don't expect him to ever release it.

I think its a good idea for Noel to get a few traditional ones in, lay a bit of sand down, thats kinda who he is and i dont think he ever set out to be or intended to be any different.

And like, songs appear to come to him pretty easy so if he wants to go down that path its probably more than possible at a later date.

• 3 weeks later...