Member picture thread

Snake-Pit

7 hours ago, PappyTron said:

That's a pretty darned good group. Is it your mom taking all of the pictures, or just most of them? It's amazing to be able to travel with family, and I'm very envious of you two.

She takes most of them, yeah. Better than trusting a stranger with my camera :tongue2: 

5 hours ago, MB. said:

Travelling with my mom sounds like a nightmare to me:lol:, eventhough I love her to death. But being 24/7 with my mother wouldn't end well.

It's cool though Powerage, you have such a good relationship with your mom.

It's not that tough honestly - we both have a love of traveling and a love for the music, so the rest is easy. We argue here and there over little things, but who wouldn't when you're traveling with someone nonstop for 2+ weeks? But music is always how we've bonded - it started with her taking me to concerts before I was old enough to drive, and it just never stopped, she didn't want to give it up once I could go on my own because she enjoyed it too much. 

My next two European trips (Ireland in December, and the UK in May) are the first times I'll be doing Europe on my own. Gonna be weird when I'm used to always traveling when I'm international!

• Like 2

I got absolutely drenched on the way to the train station the other day. The resulting effect on my hair reminded me of when Miser used to be obsessed with slicking his hair back, like some sort of 1930s New York mob boss...

14432960_10154503791614882_9108011639466090685_n.jpg

I've been to England (lived there twice), France x2, Germany, the Republic of Ireland x2, Italy x2, Mexico (lived there once), Portugal, Scotland, Spain x4 (though only the islands, Gran Canaria, Fuertaventura, Lanzarote and Mallorca)  and Wales x3. I've had airport stopovers in the USA and the Netherlands.

Next month I'll be going to Chile via Brazil, and I should be moving back to Mexico for the first half of next year.

I've been...nowhere :lol:. England and Kashmir, thats my lot.  I aint even travelled much in England, probably 10 or 20 times my entire life I've been up North, maybe a bit more if going up North to pick up cars counts.  Other than that strictly South East.  London town, thats what its all about.

Nah, just messin' about, not proud of it, I should get out there really.

• Like 1

John Lennon is watching you. 

Seriously tho, I know everyone really wants to see what John Lennon looks like these days, and I've considered showing you, but let's face it - I could never show my face on the streets again if everyone knew Lennon's new look.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I've been...nowhere :lol:. England and Kashmir, thats my lot.  I aint even travelled much in England, probably 10 or 20 times my entire life I've been up North, maybe a bit more if going up North to pick up cars counts.  Other than that strictly South East.  London town, thats what its all about.

Wow you've been up North!! 

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

North of the Watford Gap.

2 hours ago, john lennon said:

John Lennon is watching you. 

Seriously tho, I know everyone really wants to see what John Lennon looks like these days, and I've considered showing you, but let's face it - I could never show my face on the streets again if everyone knew Lennon's new look.

I don't like to invade anyone's privacy, I did get a hold of your recent picture, so don't sue me for this.

Old-John-Lennon-Memories-121601.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Looks awesome. Don't forget though that blood splatter is almost always omni-directional, unless there has been a huge struggle where the victim has been turned around multiple times.

Yeah you would know better

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Jabs is easily one of the coolest posters around here.

Thank you my friend :) Means alot to me

2 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Looks awesome. Don't forget though that blood splatter is almost always omni-directional, unless there has been a huge struggle where the victim has been turned around multiple times.

Well the blows are from a basball bat and I'll mainly get hit on the forehead and where the bruising is. It doesn't have to be exactly perfect since this is a low budget, surrealist, LSD fueled horror film. I made the blood myself and my friend Tracy, who is also in the film, did the make up. Not a bad make-up job for 6 bucks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Ah, so kind of like a Monday morning? :lol:

It looks good, and infinitely so for 6 Buckeroos.

The blood was around 15 dollars to make. It's corn syrup, clear laundry detergent, and red food coloring with some other coloring added to make it more darker. It won't stain anything and comes off with just warm water. Any since it has detergent in it, it makes it machine washable if it gets on clothing. The make-up was Elmer's Glue, cotton balls (tore for where you want the wound) consealer, and just different types of eye shadow and make-up. All stuff that can be bought at a Dollar Store, which is where it was purchased.

Edited by Jabberwocky

17 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

The blood was around 15 dollars to make. It's corn syrup, clear laundry detergent, and red food coloring with some other coloring added to make it more darker. It won't stain anything and comes off with just warm water. Any since it has detergent in it, it makes it machine washable if it gets on clothing. The make-up was Elmer's Glue, cotton balls (tore for where you want the wound) consealer, and just different types of eye shadow and make-up. All stuff that can be bought at a Dollar Store, which is where it was purchased.

I was wondering whether it was a corn syrup base or not. Glad to hear that it is machine washable, too. Now, if only real blood was as easy to was out. I mean, have you ever tried to wash blood out of a clown suit? It isn't easy you know!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I was wondering whether it was a corn syrup base or not. Glad to hear that it is machine washable, too. Now, if only real blood was as easy to was out. I mean, have you ever tried to wash blood out of a clown suit? It isn't easy you know!

It all depends on what "tools" you use LOL