how would you feel if Sebastian Bach was vr's singer?

mr. ritz88

Bach is a great singer but sounds like absolute shit singing gn'r songs, and I think they'd want someone who can do that live when they tour. He loves to refer Axl to his vocal coach, when was the last time he went? He needs to stop screaming and trying to sound hard and get back to what made him famous to begin with, his clean vocals on I remember you with a little scream here and there, that's all he seems to do now days. Even in his prime he sounded like shit on gn'r songs, though he sings high, his approach and Axl's are polar opposites. Even Myles sounds better on gn'r songs than him and he sounds embarrassing.

Edited by nightrain50

I know that back when vr broke up, slash said it would sound like skid n roses.But at this point, I think they could release some cool tracks together. What do you guys think?

I don't know why the Skid Row comparison bothered them, but sounding like Stone Temple Pilots was ok

At least Skid Row was closer to where they came from as artists.

I guess Slash is busy with his own thing, he doesn't wants to do anything related to VR, all he says they r looking for singers

My opinion would be that start VR with myles and replace Dave with Izzy

Works for me. Bach's solo stuff is pretty awesome.

yeah man, agreed

ever heard his stuff in Frameshift or The Last Hard Men?

definitely different from the usual Bach stuff but still good

I have the Frameshift album but haven't listened to it yet. Loved Bach's solo albums and his work with Skid Row. He's an obvious pick to front VR, but I doubt they'd go with him, as it would be seen as a cock-rock supergroup.

I would feel nothing. Bach is not good enough to be in a band with Slash and Duff. His music is dated and generic. VR is done.

The chemistry between Slash, Duff, and Matt should be used to create music under a different band name with a singer that has something more to offer imo. Not gonna happen anytime soon since Slash is perfectly satisfied it seems with Myles and the Conspirators.

It would be tricky. It could work. Bach has a good voice at times. I don't know how it is live, but he's the kind of dynamic singer they need.

The problem is: he's just as much of a diva and a drama queen as Axl and Scott. Sure, he's not on drugs and no one is as stubborn as Axl, but Bach has his own issues. He always seems like he's up for anything, but there would be problems, no question, and the kicker for me is he's not at the level of an Axl. I have no issues with Bach, but he's seen as a has been and kind of an imitation of those great guys. He has his idols, but he never became one like Axl did. So I think you have an irrational guy like Bach that there's also no reason to take seriously. Why would I ever put up with Bach when in the end he would be just a nobody in this band. He doesn't have the status to act like the douche I'm sure he is at times (again, he seems like a great guy, but he absolutely has mood swings).

Bach would be the perfect answer if he had Myles' attitude of being able to go with stuff. Not be a pushover, but not be power and ego hungry either, which unfortunately is just part of his nature. The record would probably be cool and sound good, but it wouldn't last long.

Bach is pretty hit and miss live... more miss than anything. I know a lot of you are going to say that Axl is just as bad, but I disagree. Axl is rarely off key, he might be short of breath or without rasp etc. but he's usually on the ball when it comes to pitch. Finally Bach is a complete hot head (yes there's more similarities), VR need a cool and charismatic singer otherwise they'll just end up firing another singer.

At the end of the day, I really don't expect to see VR again, maybe a few shows here and there but anything more than that seems really unlikely, especially while Slash is doing so well by himself.

Shooter Jennings and Izzy's songwriting would have meshed well in VR but he didn't really cover Axl's songs all that well.

Cool performance but the singer dude is mediocre at best

This is only enjoyable because ex GNR members play the songs

anyway thanks for posting these dalsh, never seen them before

Edited by Motivation
  • Like 1

I think they would suck Bach can only scream he can`t write Scott is ten times the frontman and songwriter Bach ever was or ever will be. He`s a generic hair metal screamer.

Bach is/was anything but generic, and as a frontman gets his crowd into every performance. You like Scott, yeah he's great, but dismissing Baz as a generic hair metal screamer when Skid only had a few songs you would classify as good times glam metal is dumb...they weren't Enuff Z'Nuff. Especially when Bach is still fronting songs hitting platinum status as Dada Life and Bach's "Born to Rage". That song is played everywhere. His last 3 solo albums have all been well received. A future incarnation of VR could do a lot worse than him.

It isn't 92 anymore, it doesn't make you sound hard to bash glam/pop metal and there's worse out there. There were excellent musicians in several of those bands. There were some shitty groups, but there are shitty groups in every genre. Most pop and hip-hop acts since the end of the 90s have been just as cheesy if not more so with more trite and embarrassing lyrics than the worst of the glam metallers came up with.

• Like 1