NCAA B-Ball, BIG DANCE 2015

JONEZY

I really hope the committee doesn't put UK and Wisconsin in the same region. Think they're the second best team in my eyes--them or Arizona. Think Virginia could give UK some trouble, too. Not sure about Duke--think their defense could hold them back against those top teams.

Cincy gets UConn tonight. Even though UConn has been down this year, I wasn't looking forward to this draw with UConn hosting the conference tournament. Should be a good game. Would like to get by tonight, add another top 50 RPI win over Tulsa, then have an opportunity to beat SMU for a third time in what should be another fun game if it happens. Would like to out of the 8 seed range that UC is probably in right now since there seems to be a high chance of getting placed in UK's region based on all of the bracketology projections. We've been playing our best basketball as of late and seem to be peaking at the right time, so hopefully a conference tourney run can help draw a 7 or even 6 seed.

Had Iowa State going to the Sweet 16.

Same here. Originally, had them in the finals in my initial, gut instinct bracket. Luckily, had time last night to revise my bracket while looking up stats. Saved me from a disastrous start [for now].

Exciting finish to the Notre Dame game as well, and now Baylor-Georgia State is close. Add in the first four games, and this tournament is off to an exciting start.

Edited by ronaldo9

Ron Hunter is going to hurt himself again. :lol: Hopefully, Ryan Harrow can go on Saturday (especially, if they're playing Xavier...). Most teams would kill to have a Harrow-R.J. Hunter duo, let alone a small school.

So, two 14s have won, and a third had a chance to win late. Oklahoma better be ready to go tomorrow.

Edited by ronaldo9

Ron Hunter is going to hurt himself again. :lol: Hopefully, Ryan Harrow can go on Saturday (especially, if they're playing Xavier...). Most teams would kill to have a Harrow-R.J. Hunter duo, let alone a small school.

So, two 14s have won, and a third had a chance to win late. Oklahoma better be ready to go tomorrow.

The way he fell off his chair after that shot...it certainly looked like he was gonna get hurt again :lol:

Man, I love March Madness though. This is what it's all about...and it's the first day!

Terrible call. That ball didn't hit the rim at all...it should be a review-able play, especially in the last minute or so.

Also doesn't help that I picked UCLA to lose :lol:

Edit: Since I picked ISU I have that game is completely wrong already!

Edited by Crazyman

Had Purdue winning that game :lol:

Most of my later round picks are still in play...that's my only hope of winning my pool

I guess VCU covered the spread with that meaningless layup at the end of their game. I bet there's a bunch of people in Vegas who are happy!

Edited by Crazyman

Time for a miracle upset--can't remember the last time we've been such big underdogs...if Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, and Georgia can come close, why can't we win it...? Let's ruin every single person's bracket and get those whose brackets have already been busted back into the running in their pools. Let's go UC, beat UK!

Tough enough game without playing fuckin 5 on 8 against the refs, too.

Edit: top part came at half. Thought refs evened up for the most part in the second half and may have given a makeup call or two for that first half.

Went mostly how I wanted--try to make the game ugly, slow tempo, maybe surprise UK with unfamiliar physical play, and keep it close to semi-close for most of the game and see what happens in the end. Did it for the first 17 minutes of the first half. Regained composure, and did it again for the first half of the second half. Just didn't get the lucky hot streak needed to pull off a miracle upset. Good effort, just too much talent for UK. Pretty happy with the season overall, considering the circumstances with losing Cronin. Knew it was going to be a rebuilding one, but figured a 9 or 10 seed at the beginning. To lose the coach and still surpass that is pretty good (and don't think we lose to ECU and Tulane with Cronin, so may have been able to get off that 8 seed line, but who knows). Looking forward to next season. Bring all but one reserve back. Expecting a top 15 type of year.

But, still a fun tournament left to follow. Will be rooting for the cinderellas now.

Edited by ronaldo9

Thankfully the rest of the Badgers picked it up in the second half. I wish Xavier would've beaten Arizona...I'm nervous about that game. This time they're the underdogs.

Speaking of Xavier, Matt Stainbrook is hilariously good...I doubt he'll make it in the NBA, but damn if I won't be rooting for him!

• Like 1

Thankfully the rest of the Badgers picked it up in the second half. I wish Xavier would've beaten Arizona...I'm nervous about that game. This time they're the underdogs.

Speaking of Xavier, Matt Stainbrook is hilariously good...I doubt he'll make it in the NBA, but damn if I won't be rooting for him!

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-part-of-xaviers-loss-is-no-more-matt-stainbro-1693988020?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Most interesting individual matchup of the season had to be Stainbrook vs. Josh Smith of Georgetown. About 600 pounds combined, and yet both possess a soft touch around the rim and are pretty good passers for their size. Was a strange, interesting matchup to watch.

Looking forward to the Wisconsin-Arizona game. Going into the tournament, I thought they were 2a and 2b behind Kentucky. Should be a great game.

• Like 1