Dee Snider takes aim at GnR...

Seems Dee has sour grapes, maybe it's because Twisted Sister or any of his other projects after 1987 have been less than successful.

I don't disagree with everything he said, he made a few valid points. But, I just do't get his angle, first it was Doug aldrich who made 2 (solid) albums with Whitesnake and toured with them for 10 years +, now it's GnR. Usually when someone's doing a big media blitz like this they're trying to sell something. Does have another christmas album coming out or something?

Finally... of all people to call another band for being on a nostalgia trip... :P

http://www.inquisitr.com/1941029/dee-snider-savages-guns-n-roses-slams-current-line-up-as-little-more-than-axl-roses-hired-help/

Well to be fair, Dee Snider did "go solo" and he didn't call it Twisted Sister.

Had Dee control of the name (which he might for all I know), I imagine he would have done the same. Dee, just like everybody else loves money, giving up the name, or not using it would have been noble... but it would have been a bad financial / business decision. PR wise going solo is the better option obviously.

• Like 1

I wonder at what point you're "in the band" in his eyes. Does he expect bands to make every member an official member who gets a percentage on catalogue material they may or may not have played on, t-shirts. percentages of ticket sales etc. is this guy in his right mind?

In my opinion you're in a band when you play with them consistently, when you record with them, when all information sites list you as a member, when the singer of the band states that each of the guys in the band are in Guns. End of story.

Well to be fair, Dee Snider did "go solo" and he didn't call it Twisted Sister.

Exactly.

Can't wait to watch a bunch of people say how much Snider sucks and how nobody cares what he thinks. Other musicians opinions on Axl are ONLY valid if they are 100% positive.

• Like 3

So it's attack Dee Snider for saying what most everybody else has been saying about GNR since 2000 time is it?

Is the guy actually wrong here?

I mean, yeah he's a dick, but unfortunately I can't really argue against what he is saying.

Axl even has a guy playing guitar in his band that is basically a Slash impersonator (albeit a lousy one)...

edit: Apollo ninja'd me ;)

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 3

I don't see where he's wrong:

"The practice of billing post-peak players as ‘of’ or ‘from’ a famous group is misleading to the public. There are guys today who are in Guns N’ Roses? Dude, you’re not in Guns N’ Roses. You’re playing with Axl Rose. … I’m sorry, man. I’m sorry. If you’re hired to play in a band after their heyday, I don’t care if you played with them for three decades. You’re a paid sideman. You’re on salary. You’re not a band member. None of these guys are band members.”

• Like 4

My life is complete now because I know what Dee Snider thinks about GNR. It woudl be better if he made halfway decent music instead of giving his useless opinions about everything to keep himself "relevant". Twisted Sister ? are you fucking kidding me ?

Edited by Dark Knight
  • Like 2

LOL at GNR fans looking down their noses at Dee and Twisted Sister like they were chopped liver.

I vastly prefer (real) Guns N Roses myself, but bands like Twisted Sister and Motley Crue (another band "Gunners" love to hate) lit the way for them.

• Like 1

Where is Axl's talent? It seems any talent he had waved bye bye a long time ago along with any creative ambitions. Snider on the other hand has explored many different media arts. Sad to say, but the truth is the truth hurts.

He's right, but I always get offended when a low level artist(can we even consider him that?) is critical of someone talented like Axl. It always leave a sour taste.

These are one of the bands GnR stepped on, when people realized hair metal had gone to far, even Dio came out and mentioned the likes of Poison, Twisted Sister, etc were ruining rock music. Guy probably has a podcast, running his mouth etc. Although he is right with his comments, just 15 years after everybody knew about GnR's lineup.

These are one of the bands GnR stepped on, when people realized hair metal had gone to far, even Dio came out and mentioned the likes of Poison, Twisted Sister, etc were ruining rock music. Guy probably has a podcast, running his mouth etc. Although he is right with his comments, just 15 years after everybody knew about GnR's lineup.

What's the difference between Dio and Twisted Sister though?

I mean, obviously Ronnie had a better voice but considering the pap he was churning out in the mid to late 80's I'd say he was a co-offender.

Again, just like Motley Crue, Twisted Sister's first few albums were pretty heavy before they went to churning out schmaltz.

Despite the image, they had more in common with Quiet Riot than Poison as far as their sound.

edit: and despite shit talking all and sundry, it certainly didn't take Guns (Axl) too long to succumb to a similar sort of pap that all those other bands did- where it went from AFD to laughable, self indulgent wankfests like the film clip for Estranged.

At least TS had a sense of humour!

Edited by DR DOOM

What's the difference between Dio and Twisted Sister though?

I mean, obviously Ronnie had a better voice but considering the pap he was churning out in the mid to late 80's I'd say he was a co-offender.

Again, just like Motley Crue, Twisted Sister's first few albums were pretty heavy before they went to churning out schmaltz.

Despite the image, they had more in common with Quiet Riot than Poison as far as their sound.

I agree. I was listening to a remastered version of "Bang Your Head" recently, It sounded great.

• Like 1

I don't see where he's wrong:

"The practice of billing post-peak players as ‘of’ or ‘from’ a famous group is misleading to the public. There are guys today who are in Guns N’ Roses? Dude, you’re not in Guns N’ Roses. You’re playing with Axl Rose. … I’m sorry, man. I’m sorry. If you’re hired to play in a band after their heyday, I don’t care if you played with them for three decades. You’re a paid sideman. You’re on salary. You’re not a band member. None of these guys are band members.”

This is what ive been saying all this time, just change the name to A.X.L or Guns N' Posers or Posers N' Roses