Welcome to the New Slash Section - Five O'Clock!

downzy

Hey all,

Welcome to MYGNRFORUM's new section dedicated to all things Slash!

Five O'Clock will be the primary place to discuss Slash related news and issues. Please do not post Slash related topics anywhere other than this section.

For those who are not Slash fans, please stay out. Posts and threads meant to antagonize and create hostilities will not be tolerated.

We've asked Nosaj Thing to supervise (hence the new nifty title!) this section for us. Current Mods and Admins will still monitor this section, but we felt Five O'Clock deserved its own special supervisor to keep everyone nice and friendly :)

Thanks for all the patience to those who have requested this feature. We're glad to finally deliver.

Cheers!

Downzy

P.S. All Slash related threads posted in the last six months in the GNR Discussion and News section has been moved here. We'll move the rest over when time permits.

P.P.S. Credit is due to Zint who came up with the name for the section.

• Like 2

To further clarify:

Topics and news developments regarding Slash that relate to Guns N' Roses will be discussed in the GNR News and Discussion section. For example, if a news outlets publishes a retrospective article about Slash's time in GNR, it would be discussed in the D&N section.

This section is meant to discuss matters that are specific to Slash (albums, tours, style, music, personal life, top hats).

Hope that clears things up.

• Like 1

I feel like the last time Slash talk was relegated to a separate sub forum, it served to only further divide the community. Waiting for the inevitable "This shit doesn't belong in D&N" and "You love Slash so much, go post in his own section" responses, which caused a lot of unnecessary friction imo. While a few pouted when all discussion was initially merged, it seemed pretty copacetic once people were allowed to discuss who they wanted (old and nu guns) in the main section without feeling like an outcast. Don't fix what isn't broken comes to mind .

• Like 2

I feel like the last time Slash talk was relegated to a separate sub forum, it served to only further divide the community. Waiting for the inevitable "This shit doesn't belong in D&N" and "You love Slash so much, go post in his own section" responses, which caused a lot of unnecessary friction imo. While a few pouted when all discussion was initially merged, it seemed pretty copacetic once people were allowed to discuss who they wanted (old and nu guns) in the main section without feeling like an outcast. Don't fix what isn't broken comes to mind .

Agreed

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand what you are saying and everybody should make an effort to avoid that kind of frictions. Frictions will happen anytime if people want to and if the mod team allow to ... frictions aren't a result of the forum's structure but a result of people's behavior.

Slash talk doesn't belong to a D&N section in a GN'R forum, whether there's a Slash section or not. Slash isn't a GN'R member anymore. Like Robin, Bucket or Adler. Slash fans are lucky they have their own section to discuss about their idol, and they should be glad and thankfull for that. Robin fans aren't that lucky, if they want to discuss NIN, they'll have to do it in "My World's" section, I think.

Slash isn't "relegated" to a separate sub forum, Slash has the privilege of having his own forum inside of a forum of a band he doesn't belong anymore (by is own choice). And this privilege reveals respect for him and for his legacy in GN'R ... it's weird to see Slash's fans considering this as a bad thing.

As Downzy said somewhere (tell me if I'm wrong), Slash (Robin, Bucket, Adler, etc.) talk are allowed in the D&N section if it is related to GN'R ... so, I can't see what's your problem with this... it's plain and simple.

It's great to see P4A posting again. :heart:

I wonder why :P

I don't know if you agree with P4A but, if you do, it's weird to see you accepting to supervise this section if you don't agree with it's existence. :wacko:

It's great to see P4A posting again. :heart:

I wonder why :P

I don't know if you agree with P4A but, if you do, it's weird to see you accepting to supervise this section if you don't agree with it's existence. :wacko:

Don't wonder. P4A is a well-known great poster. I hadn't seen her posting in a while, hence my comment.

P4A has an opinion and nowhere in my post I made it seem that I agreed or disagreed with her. Save your assumptions for some other time. Luckily this section is not flooded with spam shitposts, so I don't have much to do as a supervisor.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...