Bloodline

downzy

Caught the first 3 episodes on Friday. It does have the slow build feel to it but enough that makes you want to keep watching. It doesn't get boring, as some slow build type of things do.

And it's always good to see Linda Cardellini

No one else watching this show? You're missing a good one. Other than the actress who plays John's wife (she's terrible), the show is turning out to be pretty decent. A really slow burn kind of thing that I imagine reaches a fever pitch by the end.

I've watched seven episodes and things are really starting to pick up. Highly recommended.

Finished the season last night. Though slow during the first two or three episodes, it really picks up. Really enjoyed the themes of family, history, damage, and trust. The tension is always present if not always visible. I think this show has a lot of life left in it and looking forward to seeing more next year.

It's interesting how the father knew who is children were. I was initially surprised how he tried to pay Danny to leave and never come back, but I suppose that despite Danny's efforts to make himself one with the family, the damage was already done and there was never any coming back. Also interesting how the one child who had the fewest personal demons, John, was ultimately the one who killed his brother.

By the end I got impression that Danny was much like the character of the Joker from the Batman series. He seem motivated by causing chaos in those around him than anything else. This association really came apparent when John asks Danny where it all ends and Danny responds by laughing, as if he viewed such a question as naive; that it would never end. Maybe it's just me, but I got a real Joker vibe from Danny in the finale four or five episodes.

Great show.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished the season, FUCK those last two episodes were intense. I really can't see how a 2nd season would work IMO....

Danny made it interesting, with him dead and his kid randomly appearing/lingering and the retired detective telling Sally that the kids are lying to her isn't intriguing enough for me to get into, i'll give it a shot but I think I might lose interest.

Also this would have been so much better if they didn't have all of the fast-forwards during the first episode, it would have had more mystique. Everything tied together perfectly at the end though and it was very chilling.

Who's watching?

I've seen the first two episodes. Seems like a slow build kind of a show. Good so far.

Awesome show, loved it.

Agree with everything said on here.

John's wife was the most annoying character and hopefully dies off before season two.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, so I'll just say yes, how does it continue without that one character, who was the best one on the show?

And the girl from Freaks and Geeks has the weirdest mouth area I've ever seen. When she smiles she has like 3-4 lines that form on the side of her mouth, very odd looking.

• Like 1

Just finished it. I liked Danny the most, sort of rooted for him through-out the season. Could be relating to the fucked-up-brother-thing he got. Anyways, as others have pointed out, I don't think a second season would work with the same family.

It was a really good show, looking forward to season 2, Steven Adler could have played the Role of Danny, I wish Mia Kirshner had a bigger role, Over all it was pretty interesting, lets see what happens in the next season