Bumblefoot Says Discussing GNR Is A 'Headache,' Talks Favorite GNR Songs

Ron probably could have handled it better. I know he must be getting tired of Guns questions, but those are inevitable. However, the interviewer should have really done some more research and prepared some questions about his solo album. That's where I think most of Ron's annoyance comes in. He's thinking he's going to do an interview about his solo album and then doesn't get asked anything about it.

Can someone explain to me why he can't just say he's out if he's out? Is he under some legal gag order by team Brazil to keep his mouth shut until they find a replacement? Cause NOTHING else even remotely makes sense. And frankly I can't even be arsed to keep up with this anymore. I will say that I agree with bards in the sense that the interviewer could've played this more "respectfully" even if he didn't know that gnr questions were off limits. But cmon. Get on with it already.

Ron's been dropping hint after hint that he's out for nearly a year, and is now acting like a little priss because people are riled up with curiousity based SOLELY off HIS little passive aggressive gripes? Fuck right off Mr. Thal.

He only just left GNR. How is every interviewer going to know that he can't talk about GNR or the fact that he will get pissed off when discussing something he was a part of for a while? Beside maybe he should take this as a sign that GNR helped him a lot so he will have to continue to discuss GNR if he wants to even mention his new stuff.

He only answered 2/3 of the 3 part question. Does that mean he hasn't heard the unreleased material? He had no part in creating any material? There is no unreleased material?

But, he did mention that the band did a recording of the pink panther theme, without Axl. That's pretty exciting. See, they are a band. They are a band.

He better drop that attitude. Fact is no one wants to talk to this guy, unless they can ask an Axl/GnR question. If he thinks otherwise, he's delusional. That won't change for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

How does any interviewer even know he's in Guns N Roses? Oh that's right, Ron list it as one of the bands he was involved in. Probably as lead guitarist of the band. If I'm an interviewer and I'm going to interview this guy then I want to know more about his time with GNR. It's the most relevant thing on his resume.

He obviously hates the fact that people want GNR news and not Bumblefoot news.

Lol really?

Why would any artist want to talk about their ex-band rather than what they are currently doing?

Ron seems like a good guy and has been very accessible in the past. I don't see why some of you crap on him.

Because some people aren't happy unless they are bashing ex-GnR members. It is very weird.

What a fickle bunch we have here.

Slash and Adler mention GnR and folks on this forum say they should stfu about GnR and stop talking about GnR because they aren't in the band. But......BBF is a prick because he WONT talk about GnR.

Weird how the standards change depending on what the musician says. If BBF talked about GnR a group of you would be bashing him for milking his time with GnR and using his GnR time to promote his future work.

You guys are hilarious.

Edited by Apollo

Lol really?

Why would any artist want to talk about their ex-band rather than what they are currently doing?

Ron seems like a good guy and has been very accessible in the past. I don't see why some of you crap on him.

Because some people aren't happy unless they are bashing ex-GnR members. It is very weird.

Agreed 100%. Ron isn't kissing up to GNr? He must be an a-hole.

He only answered 2/3 of the 3 part question. Does that mean he hasn't heard the unreleased material? He had no part in creating any material? There is no unreleased material?

But, he did mention that the band did a recording of the pink panther theme, without Axl. That's pretty exciting. See, they are a band. They are a band.

But that's not news - that track was released in December 2011.

I don't know why anyone is taking offense to to Ron getting perturbed about the GNR questions. Clearly he only agreed to the interview on the condition GNR WOULD NOT BE DISCUSSED. I'm not sure how the person who did the interview did not get that memo, but with all due respect, it was totally unprofessional and disrespectful to ask more questions related to GNR after he asked not to.

Total dick move, and a pretty pointless interview.

Well, they're STILL a band, or were at that time...a real band. Not a cover band, well, you know what i mean. A band that does a lot of covers, but is still a family, a gang, buddies playing music together. Not necessarily creating new songs, but enjoying each others company in the studio. Definitely not a cover band, though.

But that's not news - that track was released in December 2011.
Edited by majormayhem

from the guy that conducted the interview:

Hey everyone. This is Mike Mazzarone and I was the one that conducted the interview.

I will do my best to really explain the situation here. When I confirmed regarding the interview with Ron, I was never, under any circumstance told by his publicist that anything was off limits. Therefore and logically we used questions regarding Scott Weiland, GNR, and more hot button topics. Softballs were included and we are going to do a full review of the album, however when I was told "Did you get the memo about no GNR questions", that was the first time I had heard such a thing. By Ron himself. I had many more questions that I was going to use and that wasn't useable because of that last second curveball. Ron never told me that it was due to legal issues or a gag order, he said that he just didn't want to discuss it. While he did answer the three parter, he even felt nervous about that.

I honestly put full blame on the publicist, however Ron was just as unprofessional about his handling over the phone about it. However, and I can't stress this enough, I was never told ONCE that any questions about Guns N' Roses were off limits.

Well, I truly believe that if you don't want me to ask something then that should laid out. The PR actually emailed me a second time, today saying that Bumblefoot contacted me on a wrong number, so he had multiple chances to e-mail me and state that "do not talk about this or that". To make it seem like it's common knowledge is insulting to me. Their PR never even e-mailed me the album when I requested for it, so I couldn't really ask anything about the album. I had sent follow ups or no avail so it would be something that I could not ask him anyway.

I am trying to get a digital copy for review purposes but I think all of you can understand that it would be impossible for me to ask questions on something that I don't really have any familiarity with. I stuck with what I did know and I don't see any fault in that. If anyone wants to single anyone out, blame their PR. Not me or AlternativeNation.

I don't buy it. The interview would have been granted under the premise it was to discuss the new album.

If GN'R was off-limits, sure, he should have been told beforehand - but it seems other reporters have been able to conduct non-GN'R related interviews with relative ease.

Did this interviewer need to have heard the album to conduct an interview relevant to Ron's current interests? http://www.iconvsicon.com/2015/02/10/livin-the-dream-ron-bumblefoot-thal-talks-career-new-solo-album-and-more/

It just seems like he knew the response he would get by asking those questions, but continued to ask them anyway, even after being asked not to. The line in bold says it all - he was just frustrated he couldn't get an advance copy of the album.

I know Mike and Brett (owner of AlternativeNation). They are well known for doing this kind of shit to get more views. Do not believe him for a second: he did know Gn'R questions were not allowed and still asked them.

And it's so utterly transparent. :lol:

Edited by highvoltage

Even when things were good he would get frustrated answering GNR questions sometimes. I guess the fuse is shorter these days.

Something is up if he's saying he can't discuss GNR, which is different from saying he won't discuss it.

To me he's talked about everything he's done with GNR up to a point. When he's officially out and enough time's gone by, then he might get more into the behind the scenes stuff.

Lol really?

People on here actually think like that. Frigging weird.

Lol really?

People on here actually think like that. Frigging weird.

I question if there's ever been someone like Axl that has had this much insane control over his fans. And completely not by his doing. But just a person that was so amazing, that his fanbase will follow him through thick and thin, become completely jaded and illogical in the process, and immediately agree or shit on anything they think that person would want to see. Axl was relevant and came onto people's radars for 6 years, yet there are people 20+ years on that will still defend every decision he makes to the death. Thats pretty fucking amazing, or sad. However you look at it, its fascinating.

• Like 1