Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

On 3/6/2017 at 9:58 PM, Mansin Humanity said:

I've been on a big Houston kick the last couple days and ended up checking out some stuff I hadn't before. Y'all fuck with Fat Pat?

I can dig some of him. As far as Houston goes, I'm a big fan of Devin the Dude. He makes me laugh.

• Like 1

And if you were digging on Houston, you probably heard this but, back in the early 2000's GB did a little reunion album. It was mostly slept on, but a solid album from the old schoolers.

^^^^Love Scarface's verse. One reason why he makes my top 10. A deep, real, mc.

Edited by J Dog

On 3/8/2017 at 2:27 PM, Crazyman said:

I remember when this video first came out...still hope we get to hear a bunch of those leaked songs at some point.

Detox is the Chinese Democracy of rap :lol:

I've heard this was supposed to be on Detox and heard it was something Em was doing during his drug/retirement phase. Sounds more like an Em song to me. Either way, these boys predict the future here, they all speak the truth.

Demo with Crooked rapping. I like the sound though. Crooked does pretty good ghost writing here. I can always tell when Eminem or Snoop write a Dre verse, but this really sounds like Dre.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J Dog said:

6 Feet Deep was fucking sick. And I mean sick as in great and diabolical. 

Me n my friends dropped acid and listened this album before heading to a party one night which is a memory etched in my mind. People seeing us walking around yelling '' SUICIDE IT'S A SUICIDE!" would've been quite confronting i'd imagine.

• Like 1