Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There was a particular kind of production around then, Strictly 4 My N's sounds a bit like it, The Lunatic sounds like it, that track off of Juice sounds like it, the Rakim one, which i love.  The sound I mean, fuck i cant put a sentence together lately.

Nah you're perfect. I love that production. Such a true hip hop sound. Big Daddy Kane had it too.

12 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Nah you're perfect. I love that production. Such a true hip hop sound. Big Daddy Kane had it too.

Juice was like my first intro to Tupac, i saw him in that movie before anything else and it was totally random, i think i rented out White Men Cant Jump and I'm watching this trailer thinking hey this film looks good, rented it the next day and i remember being struck by how Bishop was the sickest fuckin acting role I'd ever seen and it struck me even more that he was basically a kid, hes so fresh faced, had no idea he was a rapper, i actually clearly remember thinking 'this guy can fuckin act...he probably wont get nowhere though cuz hes black'.  I couldntve been more than 11/12 yrs old.  I liked the movie so much i took it down to my aunt who had this double deck VCR and got a copy of it, imagine my suprise when im looking at this CD and its like 'shit, thats Bishop isnt it?  It is, its fuckin' Bishop rapping!'

Weird cuz its random, I rarely rented films just off of a trailer if i didnt have a reference point to it like an actor i knew, it just looked cool and street and violent I guess :lol:

And for some Geeko the Spazzboy trivia, the guy that plays Raheems old man is the founder of The Last Poets.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

I love Juice. The way you watch Bishop slowly get darker and darker. And what a great introduction to Pac, "I am crazy. And I don't give a fuck"

I didn't know that about the Lost Prophets thing. Some more trivia, the Latino guy that the boys have beef with, if you look closely, one of his crew ( one of those with no lines) is Treach from Naughy by Nature.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I love Juice. The way you watch Bishop slowly get darker and darker. And what a great introduction to Pac, "I am crazy. And I don't give a fuck"

I didn't know that about the Lost Prophets thing. Some more trivia, the Latino guy that the boys have beef with, if you look closely, one of his crew ( one of those with no lines) is Treach from Naughy by Nature.

Last Poets, Lost Prophets are the welsh band with the pedo singer :lol:. That bloke was grim, fuckin babies and shit, actual babies!

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Last Poets, Lost Prophets are the welsh band with the pedo singer :lol:. That bloke was grim, fuckin babies and shit, actual babies!

Ah shit my bad. Is that the punk that when they busted him, his laptop password was ifuckids ? Let me change the subject real quick.

Pac is so cool, he didn't even let them put him in the soundtrack cause he didn't want it to take away from the acting. 

That was a great soundtrack. They put a different Cypress song on it, but this one was in the movie too.

On 4/7/2017 at 11:26 AM, Len Cnut said:

To be fair you were always kinda pissing in the wind with a bunch of hard headed old hip hop fascists like me Dane and J, it's worth noting that there's a bunch of other hip hop fans on here but try getting Danes or my or J's opinion on Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar, see how well that shit goes :lol:  Cunts or principled fellas, take your pick! :lol:  (psst, it's the last one!)

Yes I can admit, I'm a stank hip hop head :lol: Even in life, play bullshit rap around me and I have no problem telling you to get that shit outta here :lol:

56 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Y'all probably don't like my boy Trick Daddy Dolla but fuck y'all :lol:

The South deserves serious respect, a lot is made of selling tapes out of trunks to build A group or AN artist, The South built AN industry off that shit.  Quite literally, ground up, they didnt live a subway ride away from record companies and studios like NYC or or a stones throw from LA like the West Coast kiddies.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The South deserves serious respect, a lot is made of selling tapes out of trunks to build A group or AN artist, The South built AN industry off that shit.  Quite literally, ground up, they didnt live a subway ride away from record companies and studios like NYC or or a stones throw from LA like the West Coast kiddies.

Yeah, they catch a lot of shit, and truth be told there is a lot of b.s that came out the south, but they made it on their own. Uphill battle and all that. Like Trick Daddy, he didn't get no radio play or MTV attention, but he didn't stop. And he helped start the whole breakout. They didn't have big record labels backing them up, they got backed up by the dopeman. Even Lil Wayne and Cash Money, I'm not even a fan of them boys but damn if they didn't hustle their way to the top. Even back in the day with Geto Boys and Scarface, Rap-a-Lot Records was underground as it got, and did it by themselves. Their album covers were like, real photos, their own pictures. I give them massive respect for doing their thing. 

Edited by J Dog

9 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

I thought it was either

" Duck low bitch!" or " Fuck yo bitch!", with Dirty's fucked up teeth it's sometimes hard to tell....and ok i'm intrigued, who or what is geeko the spazzboy?

He just does the hook on these, but it's Big Baby Jesus at his finest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CheapJon said:

I listened quite a bit to Necro a few years ago. "Creeypy Crawl" was my get-up-and-get-shit-done-song

Necro's cool in small doses, he's got some good shit though. This is always good for a laugh and fits in with the hip hop covers thing.

Edited by Silverburst80