Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

19 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

What a classic song. That, Somebody Got to Die, N!ggaz Bleed, What's Beef, that's like a quadruple threat on that album. They all go hard af.

"Ha ha ha ha ha, check out this bizarre"

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

What a classic song. That, Somebody Got to Die, N!ggaz Bleed, What's Beef, that's like a quadruple threat on that album. They all go hard af.

"Ha ha ha ha ha, check out this bizarre"

Both of Biggie's albums are absolutely seminal, Ten Crack Commandments is his best song IMO. What's Beef is fuckin' quality as well.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Ask Len, since he's the only one here that knows his shit, if he'd wish they got Biggie first :lol: would love to see his reaction.

THIS is all you and i AGREE ON! not my fault you NEVER got my sense of humor, you were much more interested on "kissing that neck", smh...

Just now, J Dog said:

This is another one where Biggie's lyricism is on full display. And he does it so easily, like with no effort. Pretty amazing guy.

Agree, Biggie's flow was untouchable IMO, genius rhymes. More laid back style than Pac but both brilliant in their own right.

Last one before I end up posting the whole album :lol: I actually can't listen to this one anymore cause Puffy is in the background sounding like he's on his period the whole time.

And also, I shouldn't say, but this song wraps up some of my, I'll just say questionable thoughts on Biggie. This was recorded after Pac died, I'd say it's in extremely bad taste to leave in dissin a dead man, especially when you wouldn't diss him while he was alive. And it's all subliminal. I feel like he learned this from Puffy, talk shit but do it in a way where it can't be put on you, like Who Shot Ya. Idk, I guess I care too much. I just hate he left it on there. He also takes shots at Nas, Raekwon and Ghostface on the album but again in a very general subliminal way, plus they were alive to defend themselves. You just have to question that. It almost feels like, while Pac was alive, all you heard from Big was I ain't got no beef i aint got no beef it's all good. No diss tracks or comebacks. Pac dies, puts a diss track on his album. I know it sounds like I'm talking shit, I'm not, I love Biggie to death, but I gotta call it how I see it. RIP to the both of em.

My take on the Pac and Biggie thing is two REALLY young really talented young men died for the biggest nothing in the world...and THATS fucked up.  If you really think about it they died entertaining us, thats some fucked up shit.  The way i look at it all elements in any given equation are, to a greater lesser degree, culpable for the results.  Where does that leave us as the audience?  It's like a boxing match where someone dies in the ring (and I've gotten into this argument many times with people), i watched, and cheered on, as Nigel Benn beat Gerald Mcllellan into a vegetable.  Now if there weren't an audience there wouldn't be no boxing just like their wouldn't be no rap and it says something about the fuckin' society we live in and the culture we've created that music basically, music got to a point where these two IMMENSELY talented people had to die.  While we sit and listen.  And I'll freely admit, I'm the most immature cunt in the world, I remember walking around the South East of England, as far removed from American street culture as you can get, sayin' 'yeah, fuck Bad Boy, fuck Biggie' etc etc like a little idiot :lol:  

And end of the day who fuckin' lost out?  Us the audience cuz we don't have no more Pac and Biggie and, ultimately, Pac and Biggie themselves.  Cuz everyone else is alive and making money and middle aged millionaires livin' in big mansions...and those two young 20 somethings got dead for the privelige of being the realest.  Not that I think either should've sold out or not been as they were, I just think there's something odious about it, something chickenhawkish about it, all these people making monies off the dead corpses of two young men, with the obligatory 'RIP Pac' and these stupid little video bytes by people who never knew either of them goin' on about how they effected their lives, it's all just a way of making money off of a couple of very talented and very dead young men who, in the final reckoning, had more in common with each other than they had differences.  

I mean how fuckin' ill would they have been as a duo?  BIG with the slick east coast flawless flow and Pac with that dirty from the gut bark and social conscience rap he had, they would've been the most well rounded rap collective on earth.  And instead we get Lil Wayne.  Well done hip hop, what a wonderful bed you made for yourself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

@Len Cnut you may just be the only person on this thread that really knows his shite...or is it sh*t? ;) i always forget!

You are simply the worst poster in this thread. Put an egg in your shoe and beat it, cuz you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

My take on the Pac and Biggie thing is two REALLY young really talented young men died for the biggest nothing in the world...and THATS fucked up.  If you really think about it they died entertaining us, thats some fucked up shit.  The way i look at it all elements in any given equation are, to a greater lesser degree, culpable for the results.  Where does that leave us as the audience?  It's like a boxing match where someone dies in the ring (and I've gotten into this argument many times with people), i watched, and cheered on, as Nigel Benn beat Gerald Mcllellan into a vegetable.  Now if there weren't an audience there wouldn't be no boxing just like their wouldn't be no rap and it says something about the fuckin' society we live in and the culture we've created that music basically, music got to a point where these two IMMENSELY talented people had to die.  While we sit and listen.  And I'll freely admit, I'm the most immature cunt in the world, I remember walking around the South East of England, as far removed from American street culture as you can get, sayin' 'yeah, fuck Bad Boy, fuck Biggie' etc etc like a little idiot :lol:  

And end of the day who fuckin' lost out?  Us the audience cuz we don't have no more Pac and Biggie and, ultimately, Pac and Biggie themselves.  Cuz everyone else is alive and making money and middle aged millionaires livin' in big mansions...and those two young 20 somethings got dead for the privelige of being the realest.  Not that I think either should've sold out or not been as they were, I just think there's something odious about it, something chickenhawkish about it, all these people making monies off the dead corpses of two young men, with the obligatory 'RIP Pac' and these stupid little video bytes by people who never knew either of them goin' on about how they effected their lives, it's all just a way of making money off of a couple of very talented and very dead young men who, in the final reckoning, had more in common with each other than they had differences.  

I mean how fuckin' ill would they have been as a duo?  BIG with the slick east coast flawless flow and Pac with that dirty from the gut bark and social conscience rap he had, they would've been the most well rounded rap collective on earth.  And instead we get Lil Wayne.  Well done hip hop, what a wonderful bed you made for yourself.

Great post.

• Like 1