Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

On 3/25/2015 at 4:31 AM, Len Cnut said:

Yknow technically none of the stuff we've posted here, according to the gospel of hip hop counts as old school :lol: Old Skool is like Cold Crush, Afrika Bambaataa, Kurtis Blow, Busy Bee etc. What we're listing here is mostly golden era hip hop, old school died in like 84/85.

Old School as a term has suddenly come to mean anything 15 or so years ago (not just in hip hop but generally) but the literal parameter of old school in a hip hop context is very narrow and specific.

I see what you're saying and i think in the overall reckoning thats the way things should be but that should only be in your head, in the back of your mind, so's you don't find yourself taking life too seriously. Outwardly though, it should be all about whoose the GOAT, keep the fuckin' spirit of competition going. Hip Hop will die the minute you make it into this hippie dippy rock n roll thing where it's like *takes a deep toke* oh well man like, it's all like, subjective man and there's no betters and worses, fuck that shit, I'm telling you Rakim is God MC...now you prove me wrong...and thats where the spirit of hip hop is. That competition, like teachers asks a question in class and the kid who gets picked to answer is the one who lifts his hand up the highest and pushes the other kids hands down to get fuckin' picked, thats the spirit that keeps it alive.

There's something unique about this genre above all other forms of music and one element of that is the competitive aspect, it's kinda like music crossed with sport, it's the fuckin' complete masculine pursuit y'know? And thats why I'm so puritiannical about it and always the first to be like 'NO, NO, NO!!' when some 'innovation' comes in because hip hop is a perfect equation and though it is bound to evolve it's core principles simply cannot or we'll fuck it up, this good thing here. I feel about hip hop the way Islamists feel about Islam :lol: Y'know, like fuck that, it's perfect, follow it :lol: It'll grow itself, it'll evolve itself but the foundation HAS to be those principles of you will lose the fuckin'...neucleus of what makes it such a fuckin' sick culture.

^^^^^^^^^  Len KNOWS

On 4/20/2017 at 7:40 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yes we had a huge party with blunts and playing dominoes...what, did you not get the invo @J Dog? 

oh man does that bring me back to my teens...that and Colt 45 were the shit 

Edited by -W.A.R-

3 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

oh man does that bring me back to my teens...that and Colt 45 were the shit 

Some of the most stupidest lines in hip hop history are in that (in a good way) i met this girl from Hawaii, stuck it in her ass, and she said 'aaiiiii!' :lol:  I mean what the fuck?!? :lol: i can just imagine him sitting around, stoned off his tits goin' 'hmmm, what rhymes with Hawaii?' :lol:   Did ya see that video of him knocking that bird out during a gig?  

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I like when Nate sings "but she kept screamin out Snoopy" :lol:

YOu know you're the only person I'v come across whoose heard Nate Doggs album aside from myself...and even i had to get a 20 minute train into Central London to get my copy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

YOu know you're the only person I'v come across whoose heard Nate Doggs album aside from myself...and even i had to get a 20 minute train into Central London to get my copy.

I don't know many either, it was barely released! I love that album. I've always been a huge Nate fan. That song with Pac is top notch. It suffers some from double lp stuff but not much. It's really solid, lots of good music.

ive always seen this as Regulate pt.2

• Like 1