Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

40 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I always liked Bag O Weed with Tray Deee, who got out of prison recently if I'm not mistaken.

I always liked Tray Dee. Good voice, good delivery. Trying to think, he's got a tight song on one of the soundtracks, maybe Murder was the Case or Above the Rim.

This Is a good one on Nates album, also on the Gang Related soundtrack.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I always liked Tray Dee. Good voice, good delivery. Trying to think, he's got a tight song on one of the soundtracks, maybe Murder was the Case or Above the Rim.

This Is a good one on Nates album, also on the Gang Related soundtrack.

21 Jumpstreet?

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

Daz is another one with a good debut messed up by the Death Row downfall. This was a solid album.

Death Row killed a lotta folks like that, Afro Puffs shoulda been a bigger album too...they had Crooked I tied down for a minute too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

21 Jumpstreet?

Death Row killed a lotta folks like that, Afro Puffs shoulda been a bigger album too...they had Crooked I tied down for a minute too.

Yes siiiir, 21 Jumpstreet. Good g-funk. W Balls sighting!

Yeah more Nate

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Daz is underrated as fuck, Kurupt at least gets respect as an MC but Daz is kinda not as rated...and he should be.

I love Daz's style. He was laid back but could get wild as hell. Good flow, one of my favorite mc's, he was just so raw and street. And he does so much shit, rap, produce, hype man. He's always doing crazy shit in the background. He's all over the Chronic. He's the devil voice on Murder was the Case. On Ambitionz as a Ridah when Pac says drivin in plush cars, that's Daz in the back doing the skeeerrt sound like he got a wheel.

And as producer, oh my goodness listen to these beats. They're perfect. Daz got classics.

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

I love Daz's style. He was laid back but could get wild as hell. Good flow, one of my favorite mc's, he was just so raw and street. And he does so much shit, rap, produce, hype man. He's always doing crazy shit in the background. He's all over the Chronic. He's the devil voice on Murder was the Case. On Ambitionz as a Ridah when Pac says drivin in plush cars, that's Daz in the back doing the skeeerrt sound like he got a wheel.

And as producer, oh my goodness listen to these beats. They're perfect. Daz got classics.

Apparently he was a right fuckin' bastard on the street too by all accounts, crazy fucker.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Apparently he was a right fuckin' bastard on the street too by all accounts, crazy fucker.

Yeah, slangin, gang bangin, jackin. I liked his personality, chilled but don't fuck with me.

The death row/ruthless beef gave us this. Golf course, near riot, gun pulled, Nate and someone in a golf club fight:lol: Fun times! I have no idea what the hell Method Man was doing there, "I love this game" :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

YOu know you're the only person I'v come across whoose heard Nate Doggs album aside from myself...and even i had to get a 20 minute train into Central London to get my copy.

@Len Cnutdon't they have the internet there?? :P i swear to God i found a book i had been looking for years and years, it was one from my childhood. i scoured bookstores then typed in blue cloth cover sea captain and fairies and i found it! :)

56 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

@Len Cnutdon't they have the internet there?? :P i swear to God i found a book i had been looking for years and years, it was one from my childhood. i scoured bookstores then typed in blue cloth cover sea captain and fairies and i found it! :)

In 1998 or whenever that album came out i never touched a computer in my life.

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

Yeah, slangin, gang bangin, jackin. I liked his personality, chilled but don't fuck with me.

The death row/ruthless beef gave us this. Golf course, near riot, gun pulled, Nate and someone in a golf club fight:lol: Fun times! I have no idea what the hell Method Man was doing there, "I love this game" :lol:

Thats from that documentary, oh whats it called now?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Nah, was it The Show?  Nah, it weren't The Show.  That was at some kinda hip hop convention or something maybe...?

Oh man I haven't seen The Show in forever. Seems like backstage concert type stuff, or convention from what I remember. Nate nailed that guy with the club :lol: Ever seen Murder was the Case? The actual full length thing.

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Oh man I haven't seen The Show in forever. Seems like backstage concert type stuff, or convention from what I remember. Nate nailed that guy with the club :lol: Ever seen Murder was the Case? The actual full length thing.

Yeah, it was uh...weren't exactly mindblowing, was it? :lol:  It was cool, for what it was, definitely groundbreaking.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yep. Nate, Daz, Kurupt, Rage, Crooked.

Suge really fucked up with Crooked. Rap was huge at the time with Rockafella, Ruff Ryders, Mudera Ink, Nas, 50 out of NY. The south was starting to blow up. Dre and Snoop and Em and Xz from the west. New Death Row could've found a market if Suge had his shit together. He should have pushed Crooked hard.

This was a hell of an intro for an artist. That's a nasty flow.

• Like 1

I don't endorse this album, it's one of those things where Suge was just throwing people's unreleased shit together after they were gone and calling it an album. But this song is tight, and some great early Crooked showing he could hang with the big dogs.

• Like 2