Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

For some reason this song doesnt get as much play along with the other Snoop/Dre classics, dunno why cuz its easily as good as the others.

I've noticed that too and agreed it's easily just as good as their other stuff. Might be my favorite. Early Snoop was so fucking boss. Remix is good too.

Tha Doggfather is like that. I've always ranked it high but it barely gets played and even talked bad about. It's not Doggystyle but damn thats one of the greatest albums ever. Doggfather is good.

Who said the west coast can't rhyme?

And I'ma...gonna be comin' for you, so please be on the lookout for the doggystyle crew, watch out n!gga, it's the sucka MC BBQ cookout...look out :D

A lot of his later albums have class actually:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

Another one from DJ Quik. Who I think doesn't get enough credit. Great producer.

He absolutely destroyed MC Eiht here. Easily a top 10 diss track. "E-i-h-t now need I continue? Yeah you left out the G cuz the G aint in you"

On 11/6/2016 at 4:48 AM, spliff said:

not really "old school" but 7 day theory turned 20 yesterday

hell on earth next week

iron man last week

That's good stuff right there. From the late 80s to the mid-late 90s, the best hip hop ever was made. Tons of great albums in there.

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

Another one from DJ Quik. Who I think doesn't get enough credit. Great producer.

He absolutely destroyed MC Eiht here. Easily a top 10 diss track. "E-i-h-t now need I continue? Yeah you left out the G cuz the G aint in you"

Safe & Sound is one of my favourite albums.

JrJ3vVS.jpg

Is this the only album Suge Knight "produced" that wasn't a Death Row release?

5 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Safe & Sound is one of my favourite albums.

Is this the only album Suge Knight "produced" that wasn't a Death Row release?

Pretty sure it is. Quik got respect. And honestly, Quik should have gotten executive producer credit for Pac's All Eyez on Me. He oversaw everything for Pac and helped put it all together. Instead of Dre looking over everything like previous Death Row albums, it was Quik.