Goldstein: Slash, Axl, child abuse and Michael Jackson

Rayno

I know Axl was not happy with Slash working with Michael for that reason but there is a lot more to why Axl won't work with Slash than the fact the Slash worked with Michael Jackson. I do belive that Slash and Doug were tight at one point and that they did take care of the things it took to keep the band running but at some point I think Doug was afraid of getting fired by Axl so he started do what Axl wanted done and thats when things started to fall apart between Doug and Slash.

• Like 1

I know Axl was not happy with Slash working with Michael for that reason but there is a lot more to why Axl won't work with Slash than the fact the Slash worked with Michael Jackson. I do belive that Slash and Doug were tight at one point and that they did take care of the things it took to keep the band running but at some point I think Doug was afraid of getting fired by Axl so he started do what Axl wanted done and thats when things started to fall apart between Doug and Slash.

Its been discussed in that thread at the main board the accuracy of dates of these events. How did Axl and Doug know in 1991 about Michael Jackson's alleged pedophilia if the first legal accusations appeared in 1993? Can you clarify this, Marc?

Its been discussed in that thread at the main board the accuracy of dates of these events. How did Axl and Doug know in 1991 about Michael Jackson's alleged pedophilia if the first legal accusations appeared in 1993? Can you clarify this, Marc?

Axl Rose is 'the hungry time traveler' and you question his knowledge of future events?

• Like 2

It wasn´t only about MJ. Axl just didn´t like Slash colaboratation with other artists.

RS Magazine interview.This is from around 2001

''I never said that I was bitter,'' Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. ''Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears...hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''

I know all that, Padme. I just wanted to focus on Doug's recent comments. He says the break up is due to Michael Jackson being a child molester. He didn't talk about the collaborations. So I want to know how Doug and Axl knew about the child molestion 2 years before the "news" broke through.

Edited by tinyrobot

I know all that, Padme. I just wanted to focus on Doug's recent comments. He says the break up is due to Michael Jackson being a child molester. He didn't talk about the collaborations. So I want to know how Doug and Axl knew about the child molestion 2 years before the "news" broke through.

Either Goldstein is looking for a silly excuse or he wants to make MJ the scapegoat. I find it ironic that Axl didn´t like to see Slash working with other artists when all of the new GN´R members have other projects.

Either Goldstein is looking for a silly excuse or he wants to make MJ the scapegoat. I find it ironic that Axl didn´t like to see Slash working with other artists when all of the new GN´R members have other projects.

Guess he must have understood you can't have people sitting around until he decides to do something... :shrugs:

Axl Rose is 'the hungry time traveler' and you question his knowledge of future events?

:lol:

• Like 1

I think what Axl meant was that Slash playing with so many "pop" artists cheapens his work in Guns n Roses. Slash was going "pop" star instead of staying Rock n Roll guitarist. It happens to alot of artists, its known as crossing over to the mainstream, or selling out.

• 4 weeks later...

It wasn´t only about MJ. Axl just didn´t like Slash colaboratation with other artists.

''I never said that I was bitter,'' Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. ''Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears...hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''

News flash for Axl, the world still loves and respects slash.

I think what Axl meant was that Slash playing with so many "pop" artists cheapens his work in Guns n Roses. Slash was going "pop" star instead of staying Rock n Roll guitarist. It happens to alot of artists, its known as crossing over to the mainstream, or selling out.

Funny things is Axl choose an even more commercial route with the nu metal/Industrial/alternative thingy...

Pot meets kettle i guess

News flash for Axl, the world still loves and respects slash.

Yes the world does still love and respects Slash and they still love and respect Axl too. They both are able to go out there and do their thing.