Co-pilot DELIBERATELY Crashes Plane into Mountain!

Dazey

Fucking piece of absolute shit! :(

My wife was having coffee at a mother and baby group with the girl in the picture below just last week. :(

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/alps-plane-crash-co-pilot-germanwings-8924818

Alps plane crash: Co-pilot of Germanwings flight deliberately flew into mountain!

A prosecutor has said the co-pilot of the Germanwings flight that crashed in the French Alps appeared to want to 'destroy the plane'.

Marina Bandres Lopez-Belio, who lived in Manchester , and her seven month old son Julian were killed when the Airbus A320 went down on Tuesday.

They were among the 150 people who died on the Barcelona to Dusseldorf flight.

Speaking on Thursday lunchtime Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said the co-pilot was alone at the controls and "intentionally" sent the plane into the doomed descent.

He said pounding could be heard on the door during the final minutes before the crash as alarms sounded.

marina1.jpg

Manchester mum Marina Bandres Lopez-Belio who died with her baby son in the Germanwings plane crash

The co-pilot "voluntarily" refused to open the door and his breathing was normal throughout the final minutes of the flight, he said.

Mr Robin identified the pilot as a German national and who had never been flagged as a terrorist.

He said information has been pulled from the black box cockpit voice recorder but the co-pilot did not say a word once the captain left the cockpit.

"It was absolute silence in the cockpit," he said.

Mr Robin named the co-pilot as Andreas Lubitz. In the German town of Montabaur, acquaintances said he was in his late 20s and showed no signs of depression when they saw him last autumn.

The Airbus A320, on a flight from Barcelona to Duesseldorf, began to descend from cruising altitude after losing radio contact with ground control and slammed into the remote mountain on Tuesday morning, killing all 150 people on board.

Lufthansa has not identified the pilots but said the co-pilot joined Germanwings in September 2013, directly after training, and had flown 630 hours.

The captain had more than 6,000 hours of flying time and been a Germanwings pilot since May 2014, having previously flown for Lufthansa and Condor, Lufthansa said.

Edited by Dazey

It's horrible beyond words. It's just making me so upset thinking about being on that plane and having something like that happen to you. I'm feeling sick since I've heard it, can't imagine what your wife must feel like, Dazey :( Let alone all the families of the people that died.

Sorry to your wife Dazey, to lose the mother and 7 month old baby must have hit her hard. Having a young baby herself makes it worse as maternal instincts kick in and especially finding out it was on purpose is horrendous beyond words.

I'll never understand why pilots do this, why not just take a light plane for a ride and crash it without all those innocent passengers. I've heard of this happening before, I wonder if any indications of unrest with the co pilot will come out over time. :cry:

The just said in the USA if a pilot leaves cockpit a flight attendant takes his place, while they cannot fly the plane it offers a chance if something happens. That rule is NOT in place in Europe.

WTF? why not? It is common fucking sense.

This guy trained in Arizona. I know they don't know what happened but the assholes that hijacked the flights on 9/11 also trained in the USA. It is not outside the realm that this guy decided to do this a long time ago and only now had a chance.

That is my take. This was not suicide, it was cold blooded murder from the sounds of it.

RIP :(

First pic of co-pilot

W3pv5S7.jpg

As passengers I think we should all rise up and demand the rule of 2 for ALL airlines all over the world.

Why?

Because the rule of 2 would have prevented this. The other person could have opened the door! With only one in the cockpit he can deny entry and crash the plane.

Why? Why the fuck not? Safety should be the top priority. Apparently until now it was ok, if there was a medical problem the crew could get in.

With only one person in the cockpit hell bent on death, everyone dies...

Even though airlines have thought of this possibility they didn't implement the rule of 2 in the cockpit. Very strange I must say.

It should not be lets wait till something happens, it should be let's prevent things from happening by taking easy precautions.

How about the flight that vanished? Could be the same deal but we have no way to know as they can't find it....

Edited by gunsguy

I think you can never rule out things like this. There is no absolute safety. A few years ago, a Belgian bus with school children had an accident and lots of kids died. To this day, some parents believe the driver actually wanted to commit suicide. It appeared that he'd suffered a depression and had been on antidepressants. Officially, it was classified as an accident, but we'll never know, of course.

Let's say there was a steward sitting with him in the cockpit. If he could fly the plane into the mountain in cold blood, despite panicked reactions from crew, passengers and traffic control, I think he could've done something about the steward beside him too :shrugs:

I think you can never rule out things like this. There is no absolute safety. A few years ago, a Belgian bus with school children had an accident and lots of kids died. To this day, some parents believe the driver actually wanted to commit suicide. It appeared that he'd suffered a depression and had been on antidepressants. Officially, it was classified as an accident, but we'll never know, of course.

Let's say there was a steward sitting with him in the cockpit. If he could fly the plane into the mountain in cold blood, despite panicked reactions from crew, passengers and traffic control, I think he could've done something about the steward beside him too :shrugs:

True but at least its a chance. Without the other person there is ZERO chance.

Yes, I get what you mean and I thought the same thing when I heard about it. It's only natural to want to eliminate as many risks as possible. You're right, a chance is always better than no chance.

Yes, I get what you mean and I thought the same thing when I heard about it. It's only natural to want to eliminate as many risks as possible. You're right, a chance is always better than no chance.

not a good chance but I'll take it over none.

As passengers I think we should all rise up and demand the rule of 2 for ALL airlines all over the world.

Why?

Because the rule of 2 would have prevented this. The other person could have opened the door! With only one in the cockpit he can deny entry and crash the plane.

Why? Why the fuck not? Safety should be the top priority. Apparently until now it was ok, if there was a medical problem the crew could get in.

With only one person in the cockpit hell bent on death, everyone dies...

Even though airlines have thought of this possibility they didn't implement the rule of 2 in the cockpit. Very strange I must say.

It should not be lets wait till something happens, it should be let's prevent things from happening by taking easy precautions.

How about the flight that vanished? Could be the same deal but we have no way to know as they can't find it....

Wouldn't really make a difference, all it'd mean is that he'd have to kill him for certain first surely? You're kind of guaranteeing one persons death from the jump off. And who knows why the motherfucker in question is jacking the plane y'know, might be a ransom thing, they might survive, all you've done is more or less guaranteed that one poor fucker is gonna get turned over.

JMO but why not put a system in place where the pilot can be overridden from the ground or that the door can be unlocked from the ground tower and give plane to tower communication ability from the passenger cabin ?

Cuz then you make the terrorists job easier, just get in the fuckin' tower.

I have absolutely no idea. Thats whats so scary about this particular method of killing a bunch of people. Short of having a team of Nazi's at the airport to strip every fuckin' possible passenger and staff member bare and peering up their arses and totally dismantling their luggage from head to toe. I mean there's even aspects of a suitcase that you can break apart, sharpen an edge on and stick to a pilots throat.

Edited by Len B'stard

I remember reading somewhere that this happens more often than one would like to think. In fact, the scary part is, once the motive is known and announced to the general public, more suicidal pilots are more likely to repeat the behaviour as the action has been normalized. Not sure if I read that in Gladwell's Outliers or Michael Crichton's Airframe.

When news came out last night that the pilot was trying to smash the door down, the thought of his co-pilot taking the plane down occurred to me.

I was just talking with a colleague about this and she was telling me that. her brother, who works in an airport, told her that, last week, a pilot was walking on the landing strip, totally naked ...

Something weird is going on with the pilots/co-pilots :nervous:

It's tragic when you know someone or know someone who knows someone caught up in one of these things.

I met the friend of that UN guy who's Air Malaysia flight from Holland got blasted out of the sky by the Russians, I can't even imagine the terror that happened there, but like that, this incident has too cost many innocent lives.