Does Little Brother offer us a glimpse into what a BBF GNR Album could have been

I'm not the hugest BBF fan but in a recent interview he said two tracks off his latest album he wrote for GNR. Argentina and Don't Know Who to Pray to Any More. He even does the classic Axl Breath from SCOM on Argentina. They're both pretty long epics Epics and Don't Know who to Pray to sounds like it could be on Illusions.

Unlike Chinese this is classic guitar driven music that I think with Axls input and Richard and Tommy could have re-established Guns as a Rock Band and not some over drawn out over pro tooled sad ballady band. But maybe Axl could have worked with it.

If I ever met BBF I want to ask him if he ever played this for Axl because if Axl rejected or refused to listen to them I'm with Bumble. Stifled creatively but at least we now know he made the effort.

These are two songs that would have made amazing GNR songs. IMO better than anything on CD. Cuz it gives you the classic guitar vibe.

I'm not the hugest BBF fan but in a recent interview he said two tracks off his latest album he wrote for GNR. Argentina and Don't Know Who to Pray to Any More. He even does the classic Axl Breath from SCOM on Argentina. They're both pretty long epics Epics and Don't Know who to Pray to sounds like it could be on Illusions.

Unlike Chinese this is classic guitar driven music that I think with Axls input and Richard and Tommy could have re-established Guns as a Rock Band and not some over drawn out over pro tooled sad ballady band. But maybe Axl could have worked with it.

If I ever met BBF I want to ask him if he ever played this for Axl because if Axl rejected or refused to listen to them I'm with Bumble. Stifled creatively but at least we now know he made the effort.

These are two songs that would have made amazing GNR songs. IMO better than anything on CD. Cuz it gives you the classic guitar vibe.

Good luck getting a straight answer.

There is some fantastic guitar work on that album, great drums too. If Axl had put his melodies and lyrics to Bumble's music, it would have been brilliant, imo. Hard rock, plain and simple, but not trying to be Appetite. It's a great album, but some songs are just missing that strong lead vocal... For fuck sake Axl.

He thought that if he records those songs for "Guns N' Roses" then most prob he will never be able to use them again and he knew that the new "GNR" album is not coming out anytime soon, so he just recorded these songs for his own album

and Most prob. Bumblebee wont answer your questions related to Axl and his band

Yes and this shows how mediocre songwriter he is...

To be honest: DJ is a shit player and probably writes more cringeworthy songs for this band than Axl ever will be, but i think he is a better fit SONGWRITING wise than this completely mediocre songwriter guitar nerd (despite the fact that BBF's skills are undeniable at guitar PLAYING)

But as a songwriter? No thanks

he is even more of an outliner from this "band" than Bucket or Finck or DJ ever will be....

His music and voice sounds like High School Musical but on a shredder level, bad song structures all over his material...

Good riddance, if you ask me and this will be better for him emotinally (but not financially) than being this band, collecting paychecks for playing other people's material

Edited by Strange Broue

The album shows a marked changed from both Normal and Abnormal and you can definitely tell his time in Guns has influenced a lot of the song structures and the note choices during his solos. For example in Argentina, the song is very reminiscent of Estranged in the way that it is structured. And the way he goes from all-out shredding to playing something really bluesy and tasteful for the first solo... kind of reminds me a lot of the contrast between Ron's sweep picking in Better and Robin Finck's bluesy solo.

And of course, Don't Know Who To Pray To Anymore could've been the next TWAT.

But I'm happy enough with these songs just as they are. If Axl doesn't want them, that's his loss. I really can't stop playing this record. It didn't blow me away on a first listen (the best records never do) but now I play the album at least twice a day and find something new to love every time.

• Like 2

Btw what are you talking about? those two songs has nothing to do with "classic guitar vibe" and even the worst songs from CD are better than those two mediocre duds

I still don't know why people like his music and holding him high regards as a song writer....

The album shows a marked changed from both Normal and Abnormal and you can definitely tell his time in Guns has influenced a lot of the song structures and the note choices during his solos. For example in Argentina, the song is very reminiscent of Estranged in the way that it is structured. And the way he goes from all-out shredding to playing something really bluesy and tasteful for the first solo... kind of reminds me a lot of the contrast between Ron's sweep picking in Better and Robin Finck's bluesy solo.

But I'm happy enough with these songs just as they are. If Axl doesn't want them, that's his loss. I really can't stop playing this record. It didn't blow me away on a first listen (the best records never do) but now I play the album at least twice a day and find something new to love every time.

Lol are you high? Estranged? TWAT?
where?

not even on the rhytms...

Nothing of Ron's solo work sounds like GNR songs. Nothing on this album does, either. Ron's progressions and melodies do not sound like anything on a GNR song. None of these songs would fit on a new GNR record. Maybe a few bars on some of the songs sound like something that would fit in the breakdown to a song like Better, but these are not GNR songs. They are Ron songs and shouldn't be compared to imaginary GNR songs.

Btw what are you talking about? those two songs has nothing to do with "classic guitar vibe" and even the worst songs from CD are better than those two mediocre duds

I still don't know why people like his music and holding him high regards as a song writer....

Lol are you high? Estranged? TWAT?

where?

not even on the rhytms...

Hopefully you do realize that music is about personal preference, right?

Just because you hate BBF and his music so much doesn't mean that BBF sucks or that his music sucks. It just means that YOU don't personally like it.

Crash, it's OK if people like different musicians than you do! Nothing to get mad about.

• Like 1

Yes. And this is why Axl didn't want to collaborate with Ron.

Axl didn't collaborate with Ron for the same reason he hasn't collaborated with anyone else in the last 7 years. Because he can't be bothered working.

That may be part of it, but the simple fact is that Ron is as talented of a songwriter as big Joe shredding on an Indonesian Squier through a solid state Line 6 Spider at guitar center.

Yes. And this is why Axl didn't want to collaborate with Ron.

Axl didn't collaborate with Ron for the same reason he hasn't collaborated with anyone else in the last 7 years. Because he can't be bothered working.

That may be part of it, but the simple fact is that Ron is as talented of a songwriter as big Joe shredding on an Indonesian Squier through a solid state Line 6 Spider at guitar center.

Electric Ham Sandwiches.

I guess the problem is was that Axl still has CD II to put out so that's a ten year process. So if Axl has lyrics and music / songs all some it's hard to just throw lyrics on Rons stuff and tack it on to an album.

I guess the problem is was that Axl still has CD II to put out so that's a ten year process. So if Axl has lyrics and music / songs all some it's hard to just throw lyrics on Rons stuff and tack it on to an album.

Axl never proved he was interested in Bumble's ideas. How come he listened to 12 Ashba tunes and requested DJ to record Ballad Of Slash for him and yet didn't really do anything with Bumble other then touring? Axl did something similar with Gilby, another musician that he didn't seem to really believe in musically enough to utilize him.

This was not the case with Robin and Bucket. Even Josh Freese got to write 3 or 4 songs. Bumble was 8 years in Guns.

I can understand Finck - how you do a NIN song?

Bucket too - has that soundtrack element and is like Axls version of Steve Vai.

Gilby probably file under rock n roll, don't need many more of those songs. Another loud Stonesy rock song?

I think Ron is just unlucky timing wise.

If there's another record after CD II I would expect it to be a Dj rock opera. When he does that solo on top of that pillar in Vegas it's just so obvious who really could do a huge OTT GNR album with Axl.

• Like 1

I can understand Finck - how you do a NIN song?

Bucket too - has that soundtrack element and is like Axls version of Steve Vai.

Gilby probably file under rock n roll, don't need many more of those songs. Another loud Stonesy rock song?

I think Ron is just unlucky timing wise.

If there's another record after CD II I would expect it to be a Dj rock opera. When he does that solo on top of that pillar in Vegas it's just so obvious who really could do a huge OTT GNR album with Axl.

I believe Axl can write something cool with pretty much anyone he likes musically. He took and worked with ideas from all band members of the classic new Gn'R line up.

He wrote songs with Paul, Bucket, Robin, Richard, and now probably DJ too.

So it doesn't really matter who Axl worked with. As long as he thought it was good enough to release, I'm probably going to like it.

I also believe there are many Chinese songs in the vault. So many, that Axl doesn't really need to write more songs right now.

He uses the musicians in his band like tools in his arsenal. If he doesn't need it, he can just not use it for years.

It takes somewhere around 8 years for Axl to release an album, how long will it take him to release something fresh with DJ and Fortus after CD ll is released? he'll be 60.

Edited by Rovim